HummuH

Blackberry Corrado G60 Turbo Race Car

Hi all,

Car is now ready for it's first formal outing of the season at Knockhill this weekend, 8th April. Here's hoping the weather doesn't spoil things.

Please follow/like us at http://www.facebook.com/wtfmotorsport. The page has more information on the car (and a 1975 Jensen Healey were running) and will feature updates, photos and videos (eventually) following us through the 2012 season in the SMRC Sports & Saloons Championship.

If anyone pops along to the race meeetings, be sure to say hello!

Any questions, please ask and I'll try my best to keep this thread updated throughout the season. Wish us luck, we're gonna need it!

P1030042.jpg?t=1333750207

P1030052.jpg?t=1333749696

P1030032.jpg?t=1333749911

P1030039.jpg?t=1333749797

Awesome looking machine, lools more sherry pearl though to me? Good luck :)

Thanks to all, I'll try and fulfill the requests as soon as possible.

Testing was challenging today when a fuel line (to the fuel rail temp sensor) flew off spewing fuel all over the engine bay. How the hell it didn't result in a fire is beyond me but after a couple of hours scratching our heads and grafting we managed to make the final testing session!

That's a jacking up point by the looks of it!

10 points!

Awesome looking machine, lools more sherry pearl though to me? Good luck :)

You will know better than me. Mis-leading thread title now!

Cool, might come and watch some time. Good luck. Is this the same class as Ali with the white Mk1 Golf 1.8T?

No, never come across that car I'm afraid. I'm in Class B1 with Impreza's and the like running treaded track tyres. Championship includes some serious machinery such as a 360 Challenge, Porsche GT Cup, 700 bhp Cossie's, Evo's etc. I'm very much bottom feeding, LoL.

Photos and some updates from first race weekend at http://www.facebook.com/wtfmotorsport Was quite eventful with a fuel line popping off and filling the engine bay with fuel during practice!

IHI ;) did you build the engine? whats the full spec? are you running digifant or standalone?

Hi Marc, engine was built by JabbaSport before I bought it. Think it was originally their G60 Turbo "demo" car. Think it's running digifant.

Brief Spec is:

Engine: Appx. 310 bhp JabbaSport built VW 1800 bored out to 1900 and running an IHI VF23 Turbo, Scat 144mm H-Beam Rods, JE forged pistons, ported and gasflowed head with large inlet valves, custom piper camshaft and vernier pulley. JabbaSport exhaust manifold and downpipe. Full PipeWerx de-cat-back exhaust sytem, 440cc injectors on 3.5bar fuel rail pressure. Custom intercooler and radiator package from Pro-Alloy Motorsport.

Drivetrain: 5 speed 02J gearbox with Peloquin torque biasing differential.

Suspension: KW Competiton package

Brakes: Front: Willwood Superlight 310mm. Rear: OEM.

Wheels: 16" x 7.5" Compomotive Race

Tyres: Yokohama A048R - Medium Compound

Race Preparation by AF Noble & Sons, Penicuik.

Thats one mean looking race corrado...I would love to have one in race form...Is this still road legal. I am liking the front headlights. Can you get some vids with sound on.

Will this be coming up to track anglesey :)

haha, thanks. It is still legal, but I've SORN'd it. No way you'd take it out on the road!

We've just got our GoPro HD Hero2 but the rollcage mounts haven't arrived yet. Will have it up and running for the next race on 6th May. There's an old video of the car here from before I bought it, sounds the same now:

Some cool photos. My missus told me she passed a Corrado on a trailer on Friday near Edinburgh. Wasnt till yesterday I realised it must have been you as she said it had a number on the side. Silver Rangie as tow car?

Just shows the difference a race set up does for bodyroll, here mine with a failry hard road suspension for comparison.

Some cool photos. My missus told me she passed a Corrado on a trailer on Friday near Edinburgh. Wasnt till yesterday I realised it must have been you as she said it had a number on the side. Silver Rangie as tow car?

Just shows the difference a race set up does for bodyroll, here mine with a failry hard road suspension for comparison.

Yep, spot on! Image shows it well. The ARB's I'm running are as thick as pack of Rolo's!

That's jabbasports old car

---------- Post added at 6:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:10 PM ----------

Search YouTube for visa of this car incar footage on track

Yea good bunch they are. Take a look at mine. But it's been broke up now

Looks lovely mate. How did you find it to live with on a day to day basis?

---------- Post added at 7:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:23 PM ----------

Yea good bunch they are. Take a look at mine. But it's been broke up now

Looks lovely mate. How did you find it to live with on a day to day basis?

Perfect. Literally. Docile when you wanted just driven off boost as the 1900 gave a little more torque and an absolute animal when needed. I sold the engine to slimg60 on here and he's still going strong with it last time I met up with him.

Perfect. Literally. Docile when you wanted just driven off boost as the 1900 gave a little more torque and an absolute animal when needed. I sold the engine to slimg60 on here and he's still going strong with it last time I met up with him.

:( I sold mine at the beginning of the year. Thanks to a new job I couldn't run mine anymore.

This looks great! I wish I would have taken mine on a track.

:( I sold mine at the beginning of the year. Thanks to a new job I couldn't run mine anymore.

This looks great! I wish I would have taken mine on a track.

Well, you can watch Motors TV at 8pm on Thursday 3rd May to have a laugh at my expense!

Well, you can watch Motors TV at 8pm on Thursday 3rd May to have a laugh at my expense!

Set a reminder for it ;)