Sign in to follow this  
john_wintle

*GB* - SWISSOL Starter Kit - FEELER

Hi All,

I am going to do a GB on the new Starter kits that we are now offering. :)

These contain the same size and quality of products as the larger Entry kits, but without all the extra items that come with it.

In the kit you will get:

Wax of your choice
    Paint Cleaner Fluid
    Wax applicator pad
    Paint Cleaner applicator pad
    Micropolish Cloth
    Cooler Bag (to keep it all in)
    Additional: Car bath shampoo (not normally included) :D

The choice of wax will be from:

Onyx
    Saphir
    Shield (with PTFE)
    Concorso

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Starter kit prices will be (retail):

Onyx : £72.53 (£82.89)
    Saphir : £97.90 (£111.89)
    Shield : £107.53 (£122.89)
    Concorso : £141.65 (£161.89)

(Please note delivery is NOT included in the above prices, but should be about £4)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In order to do the above prices I would ideally need 10 people.

Please express you interest in the normal manner in this thread.

If you have any questions please email/PM me

what's the difference between the 4 waxs?

I'll be up for a kit, but I'd like to know what I'm going for (and why! ;) ) first... 8)

Why do Swissol sales reps always remind me of Kirby Hoover salesmen?

I.e. they knock on peoples doors and try and sell you an £800 hoover when a £100 one from Comet will do the same thing.

I'm sorry, but those prices are ridiculous for a bit of wax.

More details at http://www.swissol.com

Check out the "Divine" wax which costs £1280.....for 200ml....that's enough to a Mercedes Sprinter and that's it...... utter madness.

Kevin,

I agree with the Divine wax, it is not intended for us mear mortals, but if you had a Ferrari Enzo or something similar, it would not really be much money compared to the price of the car would it now?

Look at the other end of the scale. The Onyx Wax at £39 retail. This will last you about 3 years probably or even longer, waxing once a month, so then the cost per wax is just over £1. Not that much really then is it, on a cost per wax basis.

The prices in the GB above are not the wax prices, they are for a kit, the wax just being 1 items in it.

BTW if you think Kirby are bad, you should see the one some ederly people I know bought.....will even paint the walls for you. Now THAT was a rip off, as it cannot pull the skin off a rice-pudding!

John.

Do they do sampler packs? So you can compare Product A (Autoglym) with Product B (Swissol)?

Have always wanted to do the "Half and half" bonnet thing like the Mer salesmen used to do.....!

Henny,

The differences between the waxes are mainly down to the %carnauba content in each.

Onyx is around 30% by volume, this is the standard wax product suitable for all cars.

Saphir is around 40% by volume, and is classed as a premium wax for all paint types.

Shield is around 40% by volume but also has PTFE added for ease of cleaning. Suitable for all colour/paints

Concorso is around 48% mix of white and yellow carnauba, for that ultimate wet-look finish. Suitable for all colour/paints

Most people last year went on the whole, and from this forum in the GB, for the Shield Wax and were extremely happy with the results that they achieved.

John.

I'm interested in the Shield Starter Kit John.

Will using this kit restore my Flash Red paint to its original lustre?

At the moment the paintwork really lets the car down.

Go on then, put me down for a Shield kit too please.

What are the prices if 10 orders are not reached? Same as website?

I'll 25 tubs of Divine Wax too :wink:

yeah, go on then. I'll have a shield kit... I'd be a bit dumb to spend all this money on my car and then not invest in keeping it looking good once it's finished! ;) :lol:

Thanks for the PM too... 8)

What are the prices if 10 orders are not reached? Same as website?

I'll 25 tubs of Divine Wax too :wink:

No, the price will be my normal discounted price, but I have increased it for the GB. If qty not reached then it will go up a small amount.

Don't do sampler packs either, as the price would be prohibitive.

John.

3 so far then, oh and 25 tubs of divine for Kev as well..... 8)

Don't really want the Divine, LOL, but if we don't have 10 participants, I'll still go for the Shield kit anyway.

Cheers

K

I'll still go for the Shield kit anyway.

even after your out burst on what a rip off it all is???

is this still going ahead? just washed my car and the paint is very hazey!! will this kit put it back to a nice sharp green without the slight haze? if so put me down but to be honest id quite like to just have the paint cleaner and then use my autoglym polish??? is that possible? paint cleaner is only about £30 - £40 IIRC??

please advise!

thanks

it WAS going ahead... I received my kit earlier this week... 8)

PM John and ask if he's got any more for the same price... you won't know unless you ask... 8)

jedi,

The GB is still on-going for a bit longer if you want to 'dive in'! :roll:

The kit will certainly remove the haze that you currently have with your green paintwork, and a lot of the time I have found that this comes from using autoglym polish for some strange reason. Putting the wax on top of the cleaned paintwork will result in a brillient finish that you will be proud of.

You will not really goin anything from using the autoglym plish after the paint cleaner, and in fact you will be wasting your time, as the polish, by it's very nature, will remove the oils that the paint cleaner is puting back into the paintwork and the laquer. So you will more than likely end up with hazy paintwork again......

The Paint cleaner is designed to be used before a quality wax from the same range. It is therefore advisable to choose one of the waxes to be used afterwards.

You will also benefit from using a Paint rubber (clay bar) before using the cleaner, to really make sure that the surface is really smoothe. This will make the later stages of the cleaning process much easier and quicker.

Paint Cleaner fluid has a retail of £19.90 BTW on it's own, without any discount..... :wink:

John.

I'm interested in the Shield Starter Kit John.

Will using this kit restore my Flash Red paint to its original lustre?

At the moment the paintwork really lets the car down.

I'm pretty confident it would mate. I'm still using Wax Wizard paint cleaner & wax that I bought about 4 years ago (very very similar product to the Swissol) its great stuff. I've used it on my slightly faded Flash Red paintwork, and the paint cleaner restores the true colour very easily, giving it a wet look shine even before the wax goes on!

When my Wax wizard kit runs out in the next year or two(!) I won't hesitate to replace it with Swissol.

AutoGlym.... Er..... well their tar remover is pretty good!

Thanks Andy,

Bought the Shield Kit in the end and I'm very pleased with the results.

As you say, it gives the car an almost "wet" look! Oooer :wink: