guildmage

Things you hate other people do to your car...

I had another bad experience with passenger in my car... and I am not sure it is either me being paranoid or other people have complete lack of understanding what is happening around them!

There is this new girl at work which live quite close to me, so in an effort to be nice and friendly, I offered to give her a lift after work. All was well, until she left the car... She basically slammed the door so hard I thought the window will fell off! I am not sure if it causes any harm to the car itself... but dear me I would not go to someone else's home and slammed the door like an idiot! Not too mentioned I did tell her like 5 mins before that this is a car of my dreams and I am trying to look after it as much as it's possible... well she still decided to slam the door with unusual force!

On a different occasion I noticed that people treat the rear spoiler like a handle in order to open the boot of the car! From that moment no matter what I always try to exit the car first and will open/close boot on my own rather than let anyone else do that!

I mean I know this is "just" the car and should not worry so much. In the end of the day it is my daily car... but would be nice if people show a bit of respect and understanding.

Have you also got such bad experiences with random people?

ps. Maybe I just remove the passenger seat .. and problem solved from now on? :scratch:

I spent two days polishing mine, and then later on talking to people the local disabled lad came "walking" up the road and stopped to sit on my front wing. Didn't say anything as he is only young and can hardly stand up. Nearly killed himself just walking over.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

yeah remove all other seats lukasz thats easier some people dont understand I feel your pain as u know with the blackberry dint :(

The amount of people I have asked nicely to not slam the door only for them to slam it afterwards...

Doors are designed to be opened and closed, and the smallest of effort is required to close it. This is what I tell everyone who ever sits in my 'rado, but I swear it does more bad than good!! In my experience my girl mates tend to slam it more than the lads. Honestly it makes me cringe everytime someone gets out of my car!! :lol:

I always shut all the glass & sunroof.... so when friends/ family shut the door it closes soundly & does not slam - top tip!

I hate fancy belts with studs on, fake tan (mostly in old car) stiletoes, food, drink, sweets. I cringe when I get tyres changed and the jacks are 'lobbed' under the car. People parking close does me head in too..... and spotty chavs tailgating. Im sure there is more!!

---------- Post added at 7:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:26 PM ----------

I always shut all the glass & sunroof.... so when friends/ family shut the door it closes soundly & does not slam - top tip!

I hate fancy belts with studs on, fake tan (mostly in old car) stiletoes, food, drink, sweets. I cringe when I get tyres changed and the jacks are 'lobbed' under the car. People parking close does me head in too..... and spotty chavs tailgating. Im sure there is more!!

People who touch the glass, making it mucky and smeary.

Folk who find a spot of dust and think it funny to write in it - those ones nearly loose their lives, they cetainly never do it again !

People who open their car doors onto other car doors, I walk so much further due to this, as I always park as far from from the entrance to somewhere as is possible.

Chris - that too - spotty chavs sat on my bumper, I so want to jump on the brakes, but of course the love of my car ensure I don't.

OP,

Is this girl hot? If so I'd be slamming her.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59353[/ATTACH]

I hate people touching the car full stop!! and must agree with Chris on those that park too close - is there any need.........

People who open their car doors onto other car doors, I walk so much further due to this, as I always park as far from from the entrance to somewhere as is possible.

Hehe funny I always do the same thing too.

ps. I know we all hate stickers, but maybe I should make myself one to put on my passenger door, saying something along the lines of: "I have a soul, please don't slam me!"

I cringe when I get tyres changed and the jacks are 'lobbed' under the car

That and in particular hate it when these tyre places use an airgun to tighten the wheel bolts/nuts.

That´s why I normally bring the wheels without the car to tyre places :lol: Does cause some confusion at the tyre place. Will be putting that habit into practice again for the rear wheels of my Porker tomorrow.

Tempest

I saw a guy at an unnamed fast fit centre VERY close to where I work gun up wheel nuts as though they were transit hub nuts, really makes you cringe!! As Tempest says invest in a torque wrench and just drop your wheels off!

call it a scirocco!! and say i used to have one of those but mine was a storm in silver/black/red/white?? then i tell them it was not a storm, and they get all mardy on me LOL

and obviously people get into the passengers seat, and start messing with the seat after i spent time making sure it matched with the drivers seat in position/rake/height, god i'm sad??

People eating food in the car and dropping it on the mats or seats

People swinging the door open so hard when they get out that it bounces back again.

Some classics coming out here. Karl; I've had a few of those "I had a grey, black, orange storm" guys...... funny!

---------- Post added at 9:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:15 AM ----------

People swinging the door open so hard when they get out that it bounces back again.

This just made me very angry..... just the thought of it. I hope nobody does that to mine, id hate for their blood to mark the paint or carpets.

people who rub dust of the car like ther4e doing you a favour

Second this one, really annoys me, coupled with writing some comment on the rear glass!

We live near an entrance to a field where lots of people walk there dogs, and I've lost count of the amount of times I've had dog p!ss trickling from my alloys!!

call it a scirocco!! and say i used to have one of those but mine was a storm in silver/black/red/white?? then i tell them it was not a storm, and they get all mardy on me LOL

and obviously people get into the passengers seat, and start messing with the seat after i spent time making sure it matched with the drivers seat in position/rake/height, god i'm sad??

With you on the seat adjustment mate :lol:

Had a friend who jumped in my car first thing he did was light a ciggie, I did smoke at the time but never in the rado could of knocked his lights out!

and start messing with the seat after i spent time making sure it matched with the drivers seat in position/rake/height, god i'm sad??

Nope, I´m the same. Thankfully the 928 has memory seats: As soon as passenger or indeed different driver has left the premises, push of a button, and everything is back to where I want it to be :)

Tempest

anybody that uses the door as a lever to get in or out,drops something on seat,carpet and thinks you can,t see them.

This is the last i,m saying on the subject as i,m getting myself angry thinking about it:onfire:

Wiping dirt off a part of a car and slamming doors has always been a pet hate of mine. Got the Rado and when the doors shut you feel like they will smash to bits LOL..

Worst was the electric Recaro's when people saw they had two switches they just had to use them! Was worse when I just got the car as mates sat in drivers seats and adjusted that too!! Ballbags, take a while to get it 'just so'............. Cured that though, they are sat in my house now ha..ha...

Nobody seems to be able to work the interior door handle either, they pull it and the door doesn't open so they pull harder and harder...apparently pushing the door open is too complicated :roll:

That and in particular hate it when these tyre places use an airgun to tighten the wheel bolts/nuts.

They get a telling-off from me as it smashes the edges off the wheelnut key. That said I'd rather they gunned them up than leave them loose like the garage round the corner!

I do that :lol:

Stone

Some classics coming out here. Karl; I've had a few of those "I had a grey, black, orange storm" guys...... funny!

I've got a grey Storm... honest. Well ok it's Storm grey but does that count?

To be honest i dont think i have that many, simply because they dont happen. THe only one i can think of is the GFs sister using the rear spoiler to lift the boot lid, but she wasnt to know to be fair.