Dr Forinor

£10k Golf?

As some of you may know, someone took my GTR badge and damaged the back of my car in the process.

Very recently someone very kindly left 3 quite deep scratches along the drivers side, affecting all 3 panels, looked like they used a key and really made the effort.

And today someone has left a very deep scratch on the passenger's door, quite a depth to it, too.

So f*** it really, gonna get rid of it, and buy myself a Golf GTI, (unless someone can recommend otherwise).

Any special editions or anything worth looking into, around the £10k mark?

Anything to look for when buying one? Anything specific to avoid?

Cheers.

Golf GTI, Golf R32, Audi S3 all similar cars, but nothing like your GTR.

I can understand what you feel as my corrado recently had few minor damage to the car, well it's not as expensive to fix like GTR but still can **** you off.

I want to absolutely torture the invidual(s), but sadly cannot.

Until I can be in a position where I can keep an eye on it 24/7, it's better to get rid of it.

What about anniversary editions of the Golf GTI? Anything special about them?

Edited by Dr Forinor

I'd go for the Edition 30 GTI. It's fitted with the K04 S3 engine. Easily see 300bhp with a remap and 350+ with fuel pump and exhaust. They come fully colour coded too unlike the standard GTI that has black textured lower sections all the way round.

I test drove a couple of MK5 GTI's, and really didn't like them... felt like driving a greenhouse :lol:

They were pretty noisy too.

Ended up buying a MK4 anniversary instead, for around £5k.

That is such a badun mate..... get mad that good folk can't own anything nice! Swear words

That's exactly how I feel mate, that I can't own anything nice.

That looks about right for me MK1Campaign, just don't like red though. Thanks :)

The Ed30s, are they only 3door? I was looking for a 5door...

Ed30 are 5dr as well and the best of the Mk5's by far. The Mk5 Chassis is superb. Simple map and they are fleet. Very very good all rounder.

Great minds! Although I was thinking you could get a nice E39 M5 for £10K. For me a GTI from a GTR would be a massive step down, which I couldn't do. At least the M5 is still going to be quick and handle like a dream. The Golf is OK but £ for £ it's nothing on a decent 5 :D

The scratches to the car seem to be personal from the pattern of them happening. Today, whoever scratched the car, had to pass a Jag XJ ('61 model) to get to my GTR parked next to an A6, sratched my car and walked away, other cars untouched.

The first time my car was scratched, it was the day I got it back from the dealers and I had a courtesy car whilst it was there. It was scratched the day I got it back, and the next day when the courtesy car was to be collected, the courtesy car got scratched just before it was due to be taken away.

No other car on the premises got scratched. Makes me think it's personal. If it is personal, I'd rather get a Golf. For now anyway. I will be back though!!!!

The scratches to the car seem to be personal from the pattern of them happening. Today, whoever scratched the car, had to pass a Jag XJ ('61 model) to get to my GTR parked next to an A6, sratched my car and walked away, other cars untouched.

The first time my car was scratched, it was the day I got it back from the dealers and I had a courtesy car whilst it was there. It was scratched the day I got it back, and the next day when the courtesy car was to be collected, the courtesy car got scratched just before it was due to be taken away.

No other car on the premises got scratched. Makes me think it's personal. If it is personal, I'd rather get a Golf. For now anyway. I will be back though!!!!

^Does sound like its personal. Therefore no guarantee that they won't continue to target you whatever car you have? If it was me I'd be determined to catch them at it, on video, whatever it takes. Would really make my blood boil!

I do anticipate future attacks, but with a Golf it won't bother me too much, not as much as something like a GTR. Which is why I am choosing the Golf for now.

I will have to try and get something set up to catch them in the act though.

I could be wrong but you are a dentist aren't you doc?

Mystery solved :nurse:

Edit: I'm not making light of this btw .... I would be absolutely fuming!!

Sorry to hear about mindless vandalism to your car, Doc F.

I know you worked hard to get where you are.

Best regards

Iain