ade1882

Looking to buy a storm

Info is al in my last post above.

Can you email photos? Or would I be better just waiting till I get back up the road?

That's some amount of threads etc to trawl through to get the info. Especially when I'm trying to do it on my iPhone. Any chance you could post info on this thread or email me photos?

No budget as such. I'm looking for an unmodified one. If it needs a bit of cosmetic work I'm willing to buy a cheaper one and get it up to scratch.

I kinda had about 4000 in my head as a limit but if a cracker came up I could pay more.

Have you seen the one advertised at volkswizard.co.uk. Dont know if that helps ya.

Have you seen the one advertised at volkswizard.co.uk. Dont know if that helps ya.

Yeah I did see it. Has anyone seen the car? Is it worth a trip?

---------- Post added at 8:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:13 PM ----------

I am totally open minded as to what I get but my ideal car would be blue with cream leather. I love the look of the cream leather and because my vr was dragon green I would prefer a blue one but I know how few and far between corrados are so I'm up for any combination.

---------- Post added at 8:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:22 PM ----------

LPG? Not sure about that. Maybe me just being too fussy a bit like the mileage thing I'm now over.

Hi Mate, I met Craigowl and his car on The Corrado Club Scottish tour we did in 2010 and I can vouch for the quality of it, i'd strongly recommend a drive to take a look.

Hi Mate, I met Craigowl and his car on The Corrado Club Scottish tour we did in 2010 and I can vouch for the quality of it, i'd strongly recommend a drive to take a look.

I'm going to have a look at it on Sunday.

Good choice. I know i'd be looking at it if i was after one too.

Not to be negative, but that was 2 years ago and alot of things change. I looked at the Nugget 'TAG' that was on here and was based in Scotland at the time. Its now in Liskeard Cornwall, and was for sale just before Xmas. I went to look as it looked fantastic in the pictures. Unfortunately when I got there, it had been left to rot in a field for quite a while, was filthy inside and out with moss all over, it ran but was seriously rough, and the blow over it had looked terrible around door lines as it hadn't been cut in or anything.

Not to be negative, but that was 2 years ago and alot of things change. I looked at the Nugget 'TAG' that was on here and was based in Scotland at the time. Its now in Liskeard Cornwall, and was for sale just before Xmas. I went to look as it looked fantastic in the pictures. Unfortunately when I got there, it had been left to rot in a field for quite a while, was filthy inside and out with moss all over, it ran but was seriously rough, and the blow over it had looked terrible around door lines as it hadn't been cut in or anything.

I'm going to look at it on my way home anyway. I'm pretty sure it hasn't been left to rot by the sound of things. My plan is to look at it on my way home then look at the one in Aberdeen. I should get a good comparison.

Craigowl has been a member on here for a number of years, which enables others to build a picture of the type of person he is and the way in which he looks after his car, I would be willing to bet that his car will be in as good a condition as he describes if not better, I know the car you're talking about and it changed hands a few times in a short space of time and was neglected, which couldn't be further from Craigowl's Storm's situation.

I've said it before, but if I was after a Storm, or a green VR6, I would be strongly considering Craigowls'.

Craigowl has been a member on here for a number of years, which enables others to build a picture of the type of person he is and the way in which he looks after his car, I would be willing to bet that his car will be in as good a condition as he describes if not better, I know the car you're talking about and it changed hands a few times in a short space of time and was neglected, which couldn't be further from Craigowl's Storm's situation.

I've said it before, but if I was after a Storm, or a green VR6, I would be strongly considering Craigowls'.

Fair enough, I wasn't aware he was a forum member and was just going by what you had said which suggested you had seen it a couple of years ago, and had no contact since. :salute:

Well I'm going to look at 2 storms over the next couple of days hopefully.

Should get a look at craigowls storm this evening if he can manage and steesh's storm in Aberdeen.

Who's going to give me a diffinetive list on what to look and listen for including everything they can think of. I've bought a few cars in the past and wished I'd looked more closely at things when it was to late.[color=

Edited by ade1882

Plus Craigowls hasn't moved much in the last 2 years :) where as tag as been said changed hands about 6 times in the last 3 years, I Know I was constantly watching it's every move but knew it wouldn't live anyway near to my expectations hence never actually going to look at it.

Good luck with the viewing then ade 1882 :)

Is it the one in Aberdeen everyone seems to be a bit down on? It looks good in the pics I've got. Any reason other than its changed hands a few times? It's a fair bit cheaper than craigowls and does look nice. I want to be open minded when I view both.

Hi Ade1882 - I tried to post earlier but must have hit cancel instead of post!!

I have a Storm it isn't for sale but you are welcome to have a look for a comparison if it helps. I live in Aberdeen but have the car in Dundee until the start of next month. It is mystic blue and I have spent a fair bit of money £3000 for a respray which included about £1100 in plastic trim and seals!! I think it is worth pointing out that almost all the parts are obsolete so getting a car that has been sprayed recently and has had trim replaced is a good idea - it will pay dividends in the long run. I also recently took it to stealth and had the head rebuilt, cams, hoses, rad. stearing rack, aluminium crack pipe and rad. elbow, chain, 288 brakes etc, etc all cost £3200 but bit big difference 212bhp which is plenty for me and the car is in effect standard. I have spent loads more time and cash getting things sorted over the last 9 years.

I guess my point backs up what everyone else has said buy on condition and history!! and consider and VR6 if it is a topper. Can't believe how cheap some of these cars are - almost tempted to buy another!!

Good luck.

-------- Post added at 8:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:13 PM ----------[/size]

[/color]I am totally open minded as to what I get but my ideal car would be blue with cream leather. I love the look of the cream leather and because my vr was dragon green I would prefer a blue one but I know how few and far between corrados are so I'm up for any combination.

not sure if you're aware bud from that post, but the only options are blue with black leather or green with cream.. you couldnt get blue/cream..

not sure if you're aware bud from that post, but the only options are blue with black leather or green with cream.. you couldnt get blue/cream..

Well I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. A desision to make then. I thought I'd seen blue with cream. Maybe the seats had been retrimmed.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Hi Ade1882 - I tried to post earlier but must have hit cancel instead of post!!

I have a Storm it isn't for sale but you are welcome to have a look for a comparison if it helps. I live in Aberdeen but have the car in Dundee until the start of next month. It is mystic blue and I have spent a fair bit of money £3000 for a respray which included about £1100 in plastic trim and seals!! I think it is worth pointing out that almost all the parts are obsolete so getting a car that has been sprayed recently and has had trim replaced is a good idea - it will pay dividends in the long run. I also recently took it to stealth and had the head rebuilt, cams, hoses, rad. stearing rack, aluminium crack pipe and rad. elbow, chain, 288 brakes etc, etc all cost £3200 but bit big difference 212bhp which is plenty for me and the car is in effect standard. I have spent loads more time and cash getting things sorted over the last 9 years.

I guess my point backs up what everyone else has said buy on condition and history!! and consider and VR6 if it is a topper. Can't believe how cheap some of these cars are - almost tempted to buy another!!

Good luck.

Sounds like I'd look at yours and it would put me off other ones because of the high standard. I'm already thinking I might struggle to find one in as good condition as the on I sold 3 years ago.

My car is far from perfect still lots to do:)

The one for sale on here down south has plenty of history and with all the money spent on it good value at £4500.

Ok just to add fuel to the argument about condition and care over mileage...

The first car had one careful owner and 23k on it...I did expect that it would be better in the bay and underside.

DSCF1156.jpg

DSCF1155.jpg

DSCF1138.jpg

DSCF1131.jpg

And this a show car with less than 70k on, again I did expect it to be better

Chassis005.jpg

Chassis002.jpg

So its safe to say that if you want it to be ubber fresh and like new you will have to do it yourself or pay for a top car that has been finished already. Only a handful of cars are top dollar

Edited by C5 OEM

Well I didn't know that......

See as many Storms (and VR6's, as you may change your mind) as you can, especailly if its one to keep long term. I fear there are few unmolested good Storms left out there (but out there they are out there, esp if you have a decent budget as you state)....and research as much info as you can, esp the basics...

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?2127-quick-guide-to-storms

http://wiki.the-corrado.net/technical_specs_vr6_storm.html

If you need any viewing in east mid, lmk if I can help.

Gentlemen, I have a deposit taken on mine, going to a new enthusiast this weekend hopefully but if it doesn't work out for any reason mine is available. Please see my jjs wheels thread from my signature or PM me. All standard storm spec apart from a schrick and an engine/ gearbox/clutch overhaul by Vince at Stealth in 2005.

Cheers, Jon.

Edited by JJS

Ok so I've looked at the 2 storms. Now I'm going to take a few days to think. Craigowls one was very original with only 2 owners from new. Steesh's one was in better condition bodywork and leather interior wise but had been sprayed at some point which I don't mind and had 6 previous owners Both cars drove really well. I drove steesh's one myself but was unable to drive Craigowls. The honest truth is I much prefer the storm in blue now.

I'm unsure if I'm going to put an offer in for one or keep on lookin (I know someone on here said you weren't allowed to be looking for a storm)

Ideally I would like one that someone had put in all the hard work on stripped back sprayed etc. or one that was cheap enough that I had spare cash to throw at it without the Missus getting upset.

Has anyone looked at the one advertised on here in slough that has had almost all the work already done?

---------- Post added at 9:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:03 PM ----------

Ok so I've looked at the 2 storms. Now I'm going to take a few days to think. Craigowls one was very original with only 2 owners from new. Steesh's one was in better condition bodywork and leather interior wise but had been sprayed at some point which I don't mind and had 6 previous owners Both cars drove really well. I drove steesh's one myself but was unable to drive Craigowls. The honest truth is I much prefer the storm in blue now.

I'm unsure if I'm going to put an offer in for one or keep on lookin (I know someone on here said you weren't allowed to be looking for a storm)

Ideally I would like one that someone had put in all the hard work on stripped back sprayed etc. or one that was cheap enough that I had spare cash to throw at it without the Missus getting upset.

Has anyone looked at the one advertised on here in slough that has had almost all the work already done?

Or would anyone be willing to look at the on in slough for me. I went to Birmingham to buy my s4 and London to buy my vr6 so travelling to buy a car doesn't bother me. It would be nice to have someone on here to give it the once over before I travel though.