robo22sri

Stealth Racing Schimmel 263 group buy!

Best thing to do is to Call Vince, i'm sure he will be happy to discuss options....

---------- Post added at 9:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:17 AM ----------

is there any chance of updating the first post with who has paid?

Ok, I've just called Vince to pay me £100 deposit as we do not know what the final figure will be, so if you dont have all of the cash now, you only need to pay £100 deposit!

3 people have paid up so far:

Pete

Miles

Dale

Come on guys :) lets get this sorted!

P.S I also spoke to him about the possibility of extending this to 268's too as some people from the VR6OC would like to go 268's due to turbo applications - he says there shouldnt be any problems with including these either.... but give him a call.

Looking back to page 5, im probably guessing that its daleyboy and Dude VR6 :)

as well as me! :) 50P if you can guess my username?

I'm also going to advertise this on the Stealth Racing facebook page at the request of Vince and share from the VR6OC facebook page too to drum up more interest!

Looking back to page 5, im probably guessing that its daleyboy and Dude VR6 :)

as well as me! :) 50P if you can guess my username?

I'm also going to advertise this on the Stealth Racing facebook page at the request of Vince and share from the VR6OC facebook page too to drum up more interest!

Is your name VR6Pete ?

If your going to national day, I'll collect my 50p then

Usernames please Pete :D

Pete can use my real name if he likes i dont think its hard to work out. :thumbleft:

I did ask Vince about how long we could wait for the remap as i want to fit my schrick vgi and the cams myself, he said a few months is fine i got the impression anything after six months would be pushing it a bit............ :notworthy:

michael5556 from the VR6OC has paid deposits for 268 degree cams as part of the GB...

So, if anyone wants 268's instead of 263's this is an option too... maybe worth updating the first post?

---------- Post added at 5:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:28 PM ----------

also from the VR6OC:

Pearsy47 has dropped out.

Daverse has dropped out.

I assume these 268s are also Schimmel cams .. otherwise I can't see how they can be included in the GB .. !

I assume these 268s are also Schimmel cams .. otherwise I can't see how they can be included in the GB .. !

Of course they are or I wouldn't have said :) they are the same price as the 263's...

Think they are more suited to turbo applications and gives more top end :)

Im still in 2 minds it's either cam the rado or buy a new mountain bike :/ i hate difficult decisions

Doh. Mountain bike is a stupid reason to NOT buy a performance enhancement for your 'Rado .. ;)

Sorry to upset you but ive decided mountain bike has won the battle and i wont be purchasing the cams :(

FWIW I just placed my deposit, I'm #5 .. come on chaps, get yer wallets out ..

First page updated. I've only got 4 names as paid, who's the 5th?

Vince didn't say.

He did comment that in his experience adding 263 cams to a VSR doesn't liberate as much additional torque in the midrange as adding 263s to the unmodified engine does (if you see what I mean). That doesn't mean it's not worth keeping the VSR .. am thinking on it ..

Indeed. In other words, if the cams yield say, 20hp, don't expect another 20hp on top from the VSR :D It seldom works that way with n'asp tuning.

As we've discussed before, think of a VSR purely as a way of moving the torque 1000rpm further down the rev range. But with the added breathing from the cams, it can only further improve the VSR's effects.

First page updated. I've only got 4 names as paid, who's the 5th?

I'll be 6th, just paid the deposit. Cheers

I've been trying to organise my finances to afford this but I just can't fit it in at the moment. Sorry to let the side down guys - what a waste of money moving house is!

:0(

As we've discussed before, think of a VSR purely as a way of moving the torque 1000rpm further down the rev range. But with the added breathing from the cams, it can only further improve the VSR's effects.

Yeah, I'm tempted to leave it on and keep that fat torque spread (should be in the region of 180+ lbft all the way from 3000 to 6200 rpm with the cams bolstering the top end). The simplicity of having only the cams fitted appeals to me though ..