Kevin Bacon

Top 10 cost effective Corrado mods

I have six out of the original ten,

As earlier Dave's door repair should be on there !

Cheap mod,the third sunvisor

Fixed steering column a good upgrade.

I must be an easy chap to please as I have new mounts, shifter and 288 brakes ready to fit but Im happy with current ones. Weirdly Ive never had any issues with standard wipers but I Rain-X all my cars regularly. For me the only 100% must do is the uprated headlight wiring loom, I can live quite easily with the other bits.

Wishbone leading edge protectors are not the same as the brake duct 'ears'.

Pic of one in situ along with a brake duct ear and some part numbers and costs here: linkage 2nd to last post is the one with the details.

Only issue is they are 4 cylinder car only unless you want to drill some holes in your wishbones..

Edited by Yandards

Do you have any high res shots you can send me and also some side-on shots?

i'm going to atempt to make a couple more for the passnegers side this weekedend i will, take some pics of them not actually on the car, or if you prefer i could make an extra one and post it to you for a template??

Wishbone leading edge protectors are not the same as the brake duct 'ears'.

Pic of one in situ along with a brake duct ear and some part numbers and costs here: linkage 2nd to last post is the one with the details.

Only issue is they are 4 cylinder car only unless you want to drill some holes in your wishbones..

Ah, now I thought what you describe as wishbone protectors were the brake coolers, in which case my comment still stands about passat ones I've seen which should fit the vr plus wishbones?

Ah, now I thought what you describe as wishbone protectors were the brake coolers, in which case my comment still stands about passat ones I've seen which should fit the vr plus wishbones?

Dave, they will fit but not without putting some holes into the plus wishbones for mounting them.

Even the Passat items are only fitted to the non-plus suspension setup.

For those struggling to find the part number/s, it is a good number, just pull up a 1995 Golf and have a look at illustration 407-10.