d3927

Oil pump

Can anyone give any advice on changing,sourcing a vr6 oil pump, can't seem to find any info, let alone a supplier ?

To name but one source: Eurocarparts, Meyle oil pump part no 323440400 @ £133.20 inc vat and delivery. If you order today and quote code LASTCHANCE30 (offer ends today) you should get 30% off this price. Dont know whether this is a good brand or price-its just a starting point for replies.

Dont have a V6 so cant help otherwise; try googling 'corrado oil pump'. It should bring up some info/suppliers.

Ouch,o bought my vr pump from the dealers and it was defo under 90 quid... But that was a two years ago,if they stopped making them you could try ford sharan or go 4 mo r32 shallow sump and pump set up ? Btw What is wrong with your pump ?

Car has done 106,000 and i am replacing leaking sump gasket , Thought it would be a good idea to change oil pump at this point? JUST BEEN LOOKING AT MEYLE website and they have two different pumps for the corrado 53I they quote oem p.no's as VW 037 115 105 AND VW 037 115 105A does anyone know the correct part no for my 1995 vr6 ?

Edited by d3927

021 115 103 is replaced with 021 115 105B,if your replacing only the sump gasket it would seem odd to replace the pump if it all is working just fine? only real test would be an oil pressure test ...

Just to clarify: Eurocarparts dont quote manufacturers part nos, the part no listed above is Eurocarparts no. The picture on their website looks like the correct part. The Meyle site does not show a pump for the VR6-maybe its no longer made by them??? The 2 parts you quote from the Meyle site are clearly listed for other Corrado models not for the VR6 (also picture is wrong for VR6 pump).

Vagcat ( a good source of all VW info) suggests part is obsolete from VAG but may be old stock somewhere.

I got an oil pump via tps, genuine part. However now I've sold the car I don't have the invoice or part no. Not very helpful. I believe it was approx £130 for the part (but that was with trade discount) only a couple of months ago.

I am in the same boat - decided to change my pump. I friend at work used to be a mechanic and he got a price of £113 from vw (he gets a discount) but genuine pump still available. Got it ordered today will let you know if it turns up.

They said the pickup pipe that attaches to the pump is now no longer available. Anyone know where I might get that from or should I just use the old one?