bristolbaron

'The Original' Rear Cup Holder group buy feeler.

Following on from my "Hate the lack of cupholder thread.." A few people suggested i look into getting these made up.

Current update: I have had a sample made and it's pretty good but not perfect, please see later in the thread for full details.

Here's a pic if you can't be bother to check through!

576624_10150845431016769_1282080363_n.jpg

I am aware that another seller has copied the idea and is making home made versions for £10 + P&P, if you are looking for a grey or beige finish I am unable to produce that so that could be an option.. however if you want black, mine will be factory produed, with stepped sides to fit McDonalds cup/Coke can/Red bull cans perfectly.

Please have a read through the original thread above and if you are interested please add your name to this thread. I am expecting exact costings within the next couple of weeks and production within 4-8 weeks. Again, I am aware there is now a cheaper alternative, but you can't hurry perfection!

1 bristolbaron

2 Marshall936

3 Critical_Mass

4 Johnny H

5 dannyboy

6 Krishen

7 _Meth

8 BILLCOR

9 redborbet

10 derbik

11 V33DUB

12 Dude VR6

13 G60 CS

14 Jim

15 EnthusiastOwned

16 Stiezo

Edited by bristolbaron

Definately interested in an oem looking part, done things on the cheap with previous cars and its never the same.

1. bristolbaron.

2. Marshall936

Hi Baz, i'll be up for a gray 1 please,

OEM looking all the way mate.

Johnny

Great stuff, cheers guys. I've been on the phone today to a couple of potential suppliers locally, as well as chasing the model in Indonesia.

Depending on the Bristol price, it could be worth staying local as it's easier to change/adapt etc rather than waiting for samples back and forth.

Also, the potential sting from customs could outway the savings!

I will update again tomorrow when I have more news.

Cheers,

Baz

Just to be a pain mate, can I change my gray 1 to a black 1 please??

Thanks Johnny

Just to be a pain mate, can I change my gray 1 to a black 1 please??

Thanks Johnny

Not a pain at all bud - in fact it may make life easier!

Until I've been to the manufacturers tomorrow I wont know how easy it will be to do different colour runs once the moulds are made. They may have minimum order quantities for each colour, I'm not sure. Also, I Don't know yet how close a grey or beige colour match will be, whereas black is black!

Can mine be a black one too mate, thanks.

No probs, hadn't realised that you wanted grey anyway :)

It may actually look as though these will only be available in black. Speaking with another manufacturer today they advised that to order a specific colour i would have to order half a tonne of material!! That's probably enough to do every corrado ever made!

They do have a grey available, but not in a leather effect and it's very very light grey so wouldnt match anyway.

By tomorrow evening I could have everything in place to get the ball rolling with this very quickly. I'll update as soon as i know more.

Yes please Baz. In black for me.

Good work mate.

Word up homeslice, put me down for a black one.

Peace x

Okay, so a brief update..

I've got a company willing to make a run of 50 and costs will be discussed in detail on Friday.

They've taken my last sample to produce a model from and once I've said yes can turn this into a resin mould.

They will be available in black only and it will have a leathergrain effect to match the rest of the centre console.

My concern at the moment is that we don't have 50 people! Once I've established costs, I'll work out cost based on 20/30/40 people and then maybe it will encourage more to join!

So this is currently to say that it can happen and cost dependant will!

So here's current state of play..

My original cupholder was used as a mould, for a plaster sample to be made up.

From that they've managed to make a rough first draft. I went and collected that and I'm impressed, but not 100% happy.

It does hold a can, but it wont drop quite to the base and the first ridge is slightly bigger, so a little bit rattly.

This is because I used guttering hose, not an actual cupholder as the original!

My options are to try and find another cup section, or to have one made in resin, but that could be big bucks. [£200-£300.]

Not a problem if i can sell a hundred, but too expensive for the numbers we're at currently.

I'm also struggling to find a supplier for 60mm rubber/foam circles for the bottoms of the cups. At the moment they're £1 each, or handcut.

I'm pleased with the leather look finish though - much better than the other supplier!

576624_10150845431016769_1282080363_n.jpg

Excuse the Natch can, only cans in the house!

543480_10150845431466769_515581768_9756312_1061674611_n.jpg