bristolbaron

Bristolbaron's R32 Corrado - New owner - clumpy1!!!

Last May I bought Stoney's R32.

Stoney's build thread.

I previously owned a G60, which was sold as soon as I heard word that this car was going to be available.

G60 build thread.

Dan had built it over a number of years, with insane receipts for body and engine work done, as his build thread shows.

However, there was still a fair bit left to do, including electrical & interior work. Having spent a fortune on buying the car in the first place it's been slow work getting it up to the standard the paint and engine deserves.

Here's a run down of spec:

Engine -

R32 running DTA S60 Pro Management

Dubpower Manifold and Cat Bypass

G-werks Full S/Steel Exhaust System

Vibratechnics engine mounts

Jetex air filter

All new ancillaries, expansion tank, washer bottle etc

Fully rebuilt VR6 gearbox

Peloquin LSD

Chassis -

Fully Powdercoated Subframes / Wishbones / Rear beam

Powerflex bushes throughout

H&R front and rear Anti Roll Bars

KW V1 Coilovers

Mk4 Top mounts

Ibiza Cupra R Brembos – 305mm discs

280mm Rear disc conversion

Mk4 rear calipers

Goodridge braided hoses front and rear

Wheels –

Summer -

Front: 17x7” Porsche Targa Splits, Refurbed with new bolts etc 195/40 Pirelli P Zero Nero’s

Rear: 17x9” Porsche Targa Splits, Refurbed with new bolts etc 205/40 Pirelli P Zero Nero’s

Winter -

17x7.5” Porsche Cayenne Sports, Powder coated in Beige. 205/40 Toyo Proxes T1R’s

Exterior -

Full Repaint in LC3U Dark Burgundy Pearl

Smoothed Sills, Rear, Aerial, Bump strips

Red rear lights

Tinted side repeaters

Aero wipers

Debadged grill/eyebrow with R32 Badge

New headlights/fogs/indicators

Smoothed wing mirrors

Interior -

Konig K5000 seats, trimmed in Corrado Light Beige

Custom front door cards, window switches & door pins deleted

Corrado Light Beige rears seats and door cards

Leather trimmed roof lining, sunroof lining and A/B/C pillars

VR6 steering wheel

Corrado centre gauges

Custom dash mounted window switches

Custom rear cup holder

ICE –

Pioneer P77 Head unit

Genesis Profile 5 amp

Genesis 12” Sub

JL Audio C5-650 X components

Audioscape 6.5” door pods

I think that's about everything!

Today I took the car out properly for its first show, having spend the last four days cleaning and polishing!

My brother took some pics on his DSLR, so I should have them in the next couple of days. In the mean time, here's a quick Instagram snap from today's 'Caring with Cars' meet.

7234922868_0d61c6b689_b.jpg

Edited by bristolbaron

Looks awesome, bet it sounds tasty, not so keen on the black rims, probably just the pic

Sounds epic, look forward to the full set of pics, engine bay, interior etc :)

Edited by Craig

i'm not jealous at all.

f**k who am i trying to kid LOL

Nice.

A pic of your car popped on my Facebook late last night. I was tagged in it by my brother-in-laws son (from 1st marriage so not a nephew) asking if it was one I (or Kip) knew.

You down Cornwall, or maybe Devon way for a car show on the weekend??

You can run but you can't hide... the Corrado www will track you down.

Is the engine up and running now then?

Yep all good - need to go back up to swict soon to get the oil sensors installed as i still have that flashing light but the parts are all ready!

Thanks for your help so far with advice.

Nice.

A pic of your car popped on my Facebook late last night. I was tagged in it by my brother-in-laws son (from 1st marriage so not a nephew) asking if it was one I (or Kip) knew.

You down Cornwall, or maybe Devon way for a car show on the weekend??

You can run but you can't hide... the Corrado www will track you down.

Thanks Jude, I was at Caring with Cars just outside Bristol.. It was a charity pistonheads meet for Childrens Hospice South West.

Can you post up the pic? I'd love to see it!

Yep all good - need to go back up to swict soon to get the oil sensors installed as i still have that flashing light but the parts are all ready!

Thanks for your help so far with advice.

No worries. Has it all been mapped etc, with VVT?

I thought your car was a bit of a project, if you know what I mean, but it's absolutely mint! :D

slighly nice ......

J plate? is that a private plate? or was the original car a G60 or 16v ?

284 BHP!!!!! thats freakin' wicked lol

Mapping was all already sorted before i collected it. Not sure who actually did the map, but it was arranged through G-werks.

I've just booked in with Swict to see them next week about the oil sensors and an alarm issue I've been having.

Last time I was there they said my DTA was running an older version and they could get an emailed update, will chase this too.

Believe me, when I got the car there was a lot to do - I drove home with no instrument cluster! But knowing the paint was mint and the engine was great it was worth investing time in. It's now at the stage where anything else I do will be because I want to, not because it needs doing.

It is indeed a 1991 J Plate - It was originally a G60 and at one stage was going to be 16vG60. It's a tricker starting base for an R32 as there's more wiring to be done, but most of that wasn't my problem :)

Thanks again for the feedback!

The soft and firm wares are both available from DTA's site mate, so no need to wait for SWICT to do it - http://www.dtafast.co.uk/Downloads/Downloads_Index.htm

Do you have a flash programmer lead? It's basically a standard DTA comms lead but with a momentary switch on it to put the ECU in flash mode. You need to do this in order to update the firmware. You can buy the lead from DTA directly and it comes with software and instructions etc. They will even advise you on modern laptops with no comms port.

You need to get to grips with it mate, because if you ever get into a pickle and SWICT aren't around, you'll be stuffed! :D

I can give you any DTA advice you need.

Oh and looking at your torque curve, the intake VVT is not running, in which case you have plenty more grunt to come yet!!

The soft and firm wares are both available from DTA's site mate, so no need to wait for SWICT to do it - http://www.dtafast.co.uk/Downloads/Downloads_Index.htm

Do you have a flash programmer lead? It's basically a standard DTA comms lead but with a momentary switch on it to put the ECU in flash mode. You need to do this in order to update the firmware. You can buy the lead from DTA directly and it comes with software and instructions etc. They will even advise you on modern laptops with no comms port.

You need to get to grips with it mate, because if you ever get into a pickle and SWICT aren't around, you'll be stuffed! :D

I can give you any DTA advice you need.

Oh and looking at your torque curve, the intake VVT is not running, in which case you have plenty more grunt to come yet!!

I dont have that lead, i guess it is all something i should learn although it's so much easier to hand a car over and get it back dealt with!

Interesting about VVT, remember i'm running an S60 not S80 - does that make a difference?

Very nice indeed, wish I could of gone for an R32 conversion but the smaller 24v is plenty for me................at the moment!

Great choice in colour :D

Theres a chance this is going to have to go soon :(

Things are looking pretty poor work wise and this will be a luxury I can't afford.

If anyone has very deep pockets and looking for a great car then nows the time to start thinking..

I'm more than open to talk about a px - I will not be left Radoless!

Dont do it man im looking forward to the race especially as your just up the road

oh and im gonna win :bonk:

shelf the rado get a chicken chaser for work (ive bought mine because they're a financial time bomb) sit tight for ten minutes

and then you'll be laughing its got to happen look at the t25 you couldnt give them away!!!!!!!:smug: