Full odb2 conversion

I have a a full odb2 conversion for sale

This includes the following

MAF

INLET & TB

ECU

ENGINE BAY LOOM

FUSE BOARD TO BAY LOOM

This will be collection only! as it weighs alot!

£225 collected

Paid about this for mine, good price.

Just to clarify, does the ECU come with immobiliser ring and key or has it been deleted?

It will need an imob defeat Dave

I heard it was easier to sent the ecu to stealth and have it done, Vince quoted me £110 to have it done

Good price.

Dave what does the immobiliser ring look like as i have lots of bits with mine? What else would be needed for the immobiliser to avoid having the immob removed?

Good price.

Dave what does the immobiliser ring look like as i have lots of bits with mine? What else would be needed for the immobiliser to avoid having the immob removed?

The ring is about 2" in diameter with a small wiring loom and plug attached. It fits over the ignition barrel. You will need the original key as this has a chip in it that is programmed to match the original ECU.

It really isn't, I got mine for a bargain price after I managed to source most parts together... and I'm fairly sure I still paid more than that. If anyone is looking to go obd2 conversion, go on ebay type in each part individually and I'm betting it will be more than £300.

I am half thing to keep it and fit it to the golf I just bought!

The golf has a odb1 engine in it

I think the cost of the immobiliser delete at £110 is not helping.

I think the cost of the immobiliser delete at £110 is not helping.

I think most people will need to do the immobiliser delete for ease of fitting though :shrug:

I think most people will need to do the immobiliser delete for ease of fitting though :shrug:

Perhaps but if you buy the whole kit then the ECU should come with it's immobiliser ring anyway. Even if you buy the parts separately the ECU should come with the ring but I'm guessing some people are unaware of the immobiliser ring which probably gets sold still attached to the steering column to someone else.

If I remember correctly, I just used my exiting immobiliser parts and plugged it straight in. I'm not sure what people are expecting though, you will have to delete the immobiliser or wire up the transponder anyway. My mate bought the transponder bits for about 15quid. It really is a brilliant mod to do, going obd2 and having all the bits together really saves a lot of hassle.

I'd buy this tomorrow rob, problem is I need to convert from dizzy to coil pack first, I think the fact it's wiring work puts people off also.

All you need for dizzy to coil is the side plate

The one that the dizzy cap sits comes off and one with a hole for the knock sensor goes

I have a spare coil pack if it helps?

Defo not a high price. People are just watching their pennies more at the moment. I mean, look how flat the 263 cam GB is compared to last time, where I sold over 60 sets!

I would seriously consider this but do not have a single clue when it comes to doing electrical work :( So sadly that's a major turn off for me! And as I understand it, Stealth aren't keen on doing the OBD2 conversion any more purely because it's very labour intensive and people tend to balk at the price as a result?

Would I not need the coil pack ecu also, need to do some research here :)

Seriously guys, learn by doing! I'm half tempted to offer to convert peoples looms for them seeing as I have now figured the bloody thing out after spending days staring at wiring diagrams.

It is daunting staring at wires to swap it but if you really wanted to you could just plug the loom in then whatever isn't plugged in at the end needs cutting off. What you are doing when 'converting' the loom is removing unused wires relating to the headlights and aircon. There are literally 3 wires that need joining, the rest you could just look at the corrado loom and just see if the plug is there, if it is then you need it on the golf loom, if it isn't... snip it off. The only real difference in plugs is the maf, the rest is exactly the same.

Dave wen i get the cash you can show me how to do it all , by the way it was me in the big white van the other day flashin and waving lol