axcel01uk

Jesus H Christ what were they doing !!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand why you would want to wrap a car, buy one in the right colour in the first place.

I don't understand why you would want to wrap a car, buy one in the right colour in the first place.

My sentiments exactly. Did he not check the car over when he picked her up?

Please tell me that was a DIY job?

---------- Post added at 7:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:03 AM ----------

My Mrs car is wrapped but it's a jelly bean wrap, came direct from Kia as a promotion, she loves it and so does everyone who sees is. Back to point though, at least hers was a good job!

I can...

I've been looking around at 8L S3's, there's a 42K mile one with lots of history and no mods (sounds good so far right?). Trouble is its in yellow. I'm not a fan of yellow for a daily driver and apparently, nor are many others, its still unsold 6 weeks later. Price wise, its cheap for the miles/history but I think the colour is holding the price down.

So there's two reasons for a wrap:

1> To cover up a hard to sell colour.

2> To cover up a colour you don't like any more.

mjcp

I do this for a living and that is some shockingly bad workman ship

If i did that id be sacked

And how the **** the cut the rubbers i dont know

People should not be let loose now without the right training and knowledge

dont understand this - adding weight for a plastic look and feel for a price of a respray?

Was just thinking the same. I didn't even know such thing exist - like wrapping. I would be always dead worried that my bonnet wrap would just undo itself while doing 70mph on a motorway! Is that even possible?

Really to get a nice car and then wrap it in plastic film.. you either have to be brave or simply plain stupid. In the end of the day, it's his car, he can do whatever pleases him with it. But the way I see it, this car looked so much better in it's original form. So to ruin a nice car by doing that, and to pay money for it !!! well that's something new.

ps. Old Trabant was made in plastic (well duroplast) if remember correctly - one benefit it would not rust (ever! ) hehe :p

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66377[/ATTACH]

Edited by guildmage

Was just thinking the same. I didn't even know such thing exist - like wrapping. I would be always dead worried that my bonnet wrap would just undo itself while doing 70mph on a motorway! Is that even possible?

So long as there are no loose corners or unstuck down bits that the wind could get under, then it should be fine at even 200mph! :D

Really to get a nice car and then wrap it in plastic film.. you either have to be brave or simply plain stupid. In the end of the day, it's his car, he can do whatever pleases him with it. But the way I see it, this car looked so much better in it's original form. So to ruin a nice car by doing that, and to pay money for it !!! well that's something new.

I really like the fact the motor industry is now experimenting with different looks & finishes, such as the awesome grey satin finish on the M3. For far too long have we only been offered the same old finishes and colours. They're not without their drawbacks but it adds variety to the roads!

Personally I don't really get covering a new car in film either, but each to our own! I'd rather have the factory produce a finish like that and benefit from their research, development and warranty.

ps. Old Trabant was made in plastic (well duroplast) if remember correctly - one benefit it would not rust (ever! ) hehe :p

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66377[/ATTACH]

Kind of shooting themselves in the foot making a car that never needs replacing :lol:

One of the main reasons people were getting them wrapped is 'cos they couldn't get that colour in the factory choice. Such as Matt Black (which looks good on a GTR), or purple etc etc.

Suppose it's no different to getting boob and nose jobs done on your missus..... coz she wasn't given them at the factory :lol:

Suppose it's no different to getting boob and nose jobs done on your missus..... coz she wasn't given them at the factory :lol:

Hehehe, precisely.

for not kicking up a fuss when he looked at the car and then paying the 2k, the guy deserves not to get he's money back.

£2k?! Like the others said that's decent respray money. And it looked great as it was! No idea how he drove it away looking like that, I'd have paid by credit card then reversed it the second i got home. Nowt as queer as folk... :shrug:

Edited by Stonejag