Banana Man

Engine de carbon treatment

Quite tempted and not sure how I've missed this thread as you're not far from me. My only concerns are the potential damage to the cat longer term (not an issue as I recently added a cat to my spares pile :)), whether de-cokeing will expose other weaknesses in an ageing engine, and whether the benefits are lost after a few months if you don't get it done again.

Edited by Portent

Quite tempted and not sure how I've missed this thread as you're not far from me. My only concerns are the potential damage to the cat longer term (not an issue as I recently added a cat to my spares pile :)), whether de-cokeing will expose other weaknesses in an ageing engine, and whether the benefits are lost after a few months if you don't get it done again.

Potential damage to cat longer term? This treatment helps maintain a healthier cat and all other aspects of the combustion cycle components, removing carbon deposits and intensive injector cleaning is a good thing, the car will feel more responsive and balanced after the service.

How long the treatments benefits last all depends on fuel being used and if the car is being used for long or short journeys and miles covered, I recommend this treatment being done once a year, its not a lot of money to help maintain a healthier engine.

---------- Post added at 8:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:34 AM ----------

Are you mobile yet? Have a V6 Audi in central London that could benefit from a throat clear... Olympics might complicate things though...?

Mark

Hi Mark

I can cart the equipment round to other locations with a power source available (to recharge the compressor) but to be honest its not really viable to travel 40-50 miles each way to do a single car, I dont want to have to put my rates up to compensate for this, I would rather continue to offer the service at a competitive rate to induce people to come to me rather than other garages like performance tuning in Slough that charge £95 + vat for a car over 2ltr, if there was a group of cars to be done in one area this would be a better option for people further away.

Well thats another forum members vr done, was good to meet you Mike, another tidy storm I must say, the new mods sound good, should be an interesting drive back to Germany in a few weeks time :)

Will be interesting to see any additional gain in mpg on the drive up to Bristol, keep me posted ;)

Great to meet you Ant. Thanks for the cuppa and chat whilst we waited. The car definitely felt smoother and more responsive after the treatment. I noticed a 10 - 15% increase in fuel economy too. Well worth having this done as part of your normal maintenance routine.

Great to meet you Ant. Thanks for the cuppa and chat whilst we waited. The car definitely felt smoother and more responsive after the treatment. I noticed a 10 - 15% increase in fuel economy too. Well worth having this done as part of your normal maintenance routine.

Likewise Mike, great to hear good feedback and glad you noticed a decent gain in fuel economy and driveability :)

Looks interesting, I could be up for it when my car is back on the road, am about to hit 200k miles so should benefit.

How far are you from Essex?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

I'm just off junction 6 of the m25, giving the injectors a good clean and an engine de carbon will certainly improve make a world of difference to throttle response and fuel economy

I'll be up for it at some point next month. I'm in Worthing so not that far really. Best to contact you on here Or will you pm me you Number?

Rory

Can do either Rory my number is on page 1 anyway I think, currently working on this on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, may take it up full time in the not so near future

i will be up for it soon just got to find the time /money to get up to you for a little break lol going to be tight as got a 16th birthday to pay for and crimbo plus anual hols this month and next

Found your number (3rd page). Will give you a call a couple of weeks before im ready. Don't work on a Friday afternoons so that might be a winner for me:p will spread the word to my fellow petrol heads for you. Hope it all works out & you mange to do it full time.

Found your number (3rd page). Will give you a call a couple of weeks before im ready. Don't work on a Friday afternoons so that might be a winner for me:p will spread the word to my fellow petrol heads for you. Hope it all works out & you mange to do it full time.

Ok Rory just drop me a line when your ready :)

I'm in no real rush to take this full time, as already have full time job, just learning all the different fuel systems, pressures, relay positions, bypassing points etc etc... its a lot to take in so not rushing into it, start with what you know and build from there is my method :)

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

i will be up for it soon just got to find the time /money to get up to you for a little break lol going to be tight as got a 16th birthday to pay for and crimbo plus anual hols this month and next

Money seems to go out faster than it comes in, I know that feeling all too well.

Just drop me a line as and when you are ready :)

What sort of distance are you prepared to travel?

I'm in Poole in Dorset.

May be able to get access to a workshop in Salisbury if it's too far for you

Im prepared to travel pretty much anywhere as long as my fuel bill is covered, the only transport I have currently though is the skyline so lugging a compressor, tool box and the decarbonizing unit around is not ideal, if the location had a compressor available (25ltr 2hp min) would be very handy as then I would only have to come up with tools and the decarbonzing unit.

I'm guessing this would only really be viable if there was 5 or more of you in the same area and could make it to the same location, Its a 200 mile round trip, £65 fuel divide by 5 equals an extra £13 per head £88 per car (over 2ltr or £73 for the under 2ltrs) still lower than the average dealer that is charging £95+vat for over 2ltr and £75+vat for under ltr.

without checking the thread im not sure how many southern members would be interested

if we get/have/get enough im sure we could sort something

If other members in the Salisbury area show interest then we might be able to get something sorted.

On a side note of the gains, another TC dealer I know got some before and after dyno printouts for a car he's just done.

MERCEDES SL320

3.2 PETROL AUTO

BHP: Before 219 bhp After 228

TORQUE: Before 312 (nm) After 326

9bhp and 14nm is not a bad gain at all

Well I had a nice run over from Essex to Ant's place today to have my VR6 done and I am well happy with the results.

I can only reiterate what others have said and that the car feels so much smoother, engine sounds nicer and better throttle response. It has also cured a very slight hesitation I used to notice when moving off at slow speeds sometimes. Additionally, when I stopped enjoying the better throttle response on the way home and settled down to a nice cruise my MPG was better. So all in all a very worth while trip and one I would recommend to anybody.

Good to meet you Ant was a laugh talking about old car experiences and thanks for the drink. Will definitely have this done again as part of routine servicing etc.

Cheers mate

Al

Good to meet you Al, we had plenty of time to chat ;) still cant get over how long your VR lasted on the injector side its only a 425ml can lol

Glad you like the results, your welcome back anytime ;)

cheers

Ant

Gone very quiet on here so thought I'd bump it up :)

Got time this coming weekend Fri/Sat and Sunday available for anyone who wants to get the treatment done, give your car a treat give it some love and restore lost performance and prolong the life of your engine :)

Edited by Banana Man

like I said I'm In stoke and interested but car is garage bound presently.

My injectors are currently being restored, new filters, deals, caps and ultra sonic cleaning, would you recommend your treatment prior or after fitting of these?

The terra clean is a 2 part treatment, you have the injector treatment first then once thats finished it moves onto the decarb of the combustion components, if your currently having injectors sonically cleaned there wouldn't be any real gain in running the terra clean injector treatment as well.

Anyone else in the sussex/surrey area who wants to come for a Terra Clean service?

Had to do a tin and board ford on Saturday, left a puddle of oil on my drive :