sharpy-vr6

Top mounts, what have you got?

Hi i recently fitted some weitec coilys, and changed my top mounts. The company i usually use didnt have the top mounts in stock so i brought some off ebay.

This is the result after just a week on the car

[ATTACH]67493[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]67497[/ATTACH]

:banghead: As you can guess im not happy and will be sending an angry email to the seller :mad:

In the meantime i would like to know what top mounts everyone has im after some top quality mounts preferably poly mounts if you can get them just for peice of mind.

Thanks

What in the name of all that's holy?!?

Just use OE mounts mate.

It would appear your ones there have no metal structure inside the rubber donut to prevent the strut punching through the turret, as what's happened there.

That ebay seller should be strung up. That's bloody dangerous.

Its awful i am furious about it the seller will be recieving a strongly wordered email

Is it best to go to the stealers then?

And will they take the extra stress from being on coilovers?

Oops!

I wonder where these come from, Chinese copies perhaps?, I picked up some for the mk4 from gsf yesterday and they look pretty good, garage has had no problem fitting gsf ones to some pretty heavy mk4 cars either

The seller was "euroautomotive10" i think the top mount kit was fairly cheap but i was in a hurry and there was not alot of options on my ebay search. So a little bit ny fault but still not impressed.

Thanks for the advice ill have a look into those bonrath ones :)

Thanks for the advice ill have a look into those bonrath ones :)

Very hard to find, look on mk3 vr6 ones. I will have one for sale, used for less than 100 miles so still like new.

Get OEM. No need for poly, the damper and spring should do all the work. If an OEM top mount is getting destroyed something is wrong with the suspension setup, its only there for isolation from the shell.

Poly ones are fine if you are after a bit more control over position of the strut during loadin, at the sacrifice of body isolation.

Jay

Always stick to genuine VW for suspension components!

That's seriously dangerous - did it damage the bonnet also?

The bonnet is okay the suspension hasnt come through that far yet luckily.

Get OEM. No need for poly, the damper and spring should do all the work. If an OEM top mount is getting destroyed something is wrong with the suspension setup, its only there for isolation from the shell.

Poly ones are fine if you are after a bit more control over position of the strut during loadin, at the sacrifice of body isolation.

Jay

I was just thinking for longer life??

And the bonus of a bit of extra rigidity?

Im lucky my suspension hasn't come through the bonnet and i hope this helps other people from being less lucky :/

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

I've looked at those pics and looked again because it was so wtf.

Are you sure the rubber part isn't upside down?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Hi bough ones on eBay and the same happened to my ones also pm me the supplier to see if there the same I have to get my bonnet repaired now not happy also .

I was just thinking for longer life??

And the bonus of a bit of extra rigidity?

The OEM ones are fine mate. Been using them with coilovers for years with no issues.

Looks like yours are chinese copies but they forgot to put the metal cup inside them!!!

i use febi ones, dont know if people will remember i tried some supersport poly ones and they were the ****iest of **** fits ever and without being broken they looked like yours do!

I run Corrado VR6 top mounts on the Golf. I've tried the Febi ones and the genuine ones, their life span is about the same (3 meetings!) so tend to use Febi now as they are less expensive.

I've looked at those pics and looked again because it was so wtf.

Are you sure the rubber part isn't upside down?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

The mount is in correctly the other side has seated okay and works fine. They went on the same way as my old ones came off

Hi bough ones on eBay and the same happened to my ones also pm me the supplier to see if there the same I have to get my bonnet repaired now not happy also .

sorry to hear that, the seller was "euroautomotive10"

I guess im lucky i spotted it before it got any worse.

I have never found myself any good at writting angry letters, so i would like your opinions on my message to the ebay seller who sold me these top mounts.

Hi

i recently purchased of you the above item for my corrado vr6. i installed the top mounts just over a week ago and have only driven the car probably a maximum of 80 miles (light use).

i was shocked to find that the top mounts you supplied have started to come up through the strut of my car and break up.

i think this is completely un-acceptable, and dangerous if i hadn't noticed and the rubber completely perished or came through, my suspension could have been damaged with my bonnet and at worst causing a crash

im outraged that you find it acceptable to sell a product so unfit and dangerous to install onto a vehicle. i hope you would make an attempt to rectify this fault and fix the product so no-one else has to experience this.

here is a link to some pictures of what has happened:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg162/sharpy138/2012-06-28174516.jpg

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg162/sharpy138/2012-06-28174602.jpg

I excpect a full refund, and that you re-evaluate this product

for once i think i have made a good little argument :) opinions please

I have never found myself any good at writting angry letters, so i would like your opinions on my message to the ebay seller who sold me these top mounts.

for once i think i have made a good little argument :) opinions please

Spelling and capital 'I's plus I don't think 'outraged' reads very well, how about:

Hi

I recently purchased the above item for my corrado vr6 from you. The top mounts were installed just over a week ago and since then the car has only been driven 80 miles.

I was shocked to find that the top mounts have split and broken up with the suspension struts coming up through them.

I think this is completely unacceptable, not to mention dangerous, and if I hadn't noticed that the rubber had broken up, my suspension and bonnet could have been damaged potentially causing an accident.

I think it's unacceptable to sell a product so unfit and dangerous to install onto a vehicle. I hope you will make an attempt to rectify this fault and fix the product so no-one else has to experience this.

here is a link to some pictures of what has happened:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...6-28174516.jpg

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...6-28174602.jpg

I expect a full refund, and that you re-evaluate this product.