carrots

fitting rear coilovers

hi ive bought some coilovers.how tricky is it to fit the rears as ive got a broken spring and need them done asap.i will be fitting them on the floor not a ramp

Easier than the fronts imo.

You need to remove the parcel shelf supports to get to the top mounts. I think thats the case.

Bottom of strut is just one bolt.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

the only issue ive come across is getting the rear axle to drop far enough so when taking the drivers side lower strut bolt out, it clears the fuel tank.

the only issue ive come across is getting the rear axle to drop far enough so when taking the drivers side lower strut bolt out, it clears the fuel tank.

yea i had that,prety sure its just a case of removeing both topmounts at the same time so both ends of the axle drop down together, the hardest part for me was actualy removeing the bolts ,mine were so blady rusty!

backendwithshock.jpg

FresH

rearshocknbrakein.jpg

ive seen um for £468 on ebay,i had to get the cheapo jom coilovers £165 but they should be beter than driving around with a broken spring

yer, im running KW V2's atm, just recently found out that KW owned Weitec so was just interested in price and ride quality etc.... because before i brought mine i was stuck between KW and Weitec, love the look of them though! green looks nice! just a shame when u buy nice coilovers no one will ever see them :(

just got my coilovers.can you set the height of them off the car.the thread is 215 mm long.i want to lower the car 40mm.cheers

because im from guersney i had vat removed, got them from deemon tweeks on ebay, think i got them for £400.00 or just over delivered,

there ok and yea they are made by KW it has the kw logo on the box, iv only ever had lowering springs so i cant compare the ride against anything else but there not as stiff as a i was expecting,

you cant realy accuratley adjust them off the car, just do one side at a time and slowley lower it with the jack and then if you want it higher just take up the wieght with the jack and turn them up by hand and then with the tool supplied if it gets stiff.

You can do the sums and set them off the car, but on the vehicle on the ground is the most accurate way.

Grab yourself a trolley jack, find the flattest bit of tarmac you can, dust of your trusty tape measure and set-aside a good couple of hours to do the job right.

yer you would think that... depends what ur after... im always lowering mine.... leave it for a bit.. wait a month or so till all the scraping stops, then jack it up and lower it again haha... with my beetle i kept doing this untill i could no longer go over gravel cause it scratched the sump lol... dont think its a good idea to go toooo low on a rado thought cus there so nice to drive would ruin it... saying that i hit a dip in the road at bout 120ish the other night and my sump hit the ground HA. thing is with coilovers there so easy to adjust just take them down gradually untill you find a ride height that your happy with looks wise and performance wise.

hmm..... just have a lil experiment! one thing to remember is if ur coilovers are new they will bed in and drop a further 10-15 mm within a few hundred miles! just have a play mate no matter wat u set the height at u can always change it :)

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

because im from guersney i had vat removed, got them from deemon tweeks on ebay,

since when was Guersney a VAT Free zone? please explain!

if ur coilovers are new they will bed in and drop a further 10-15 mm within a few hundred miles!

The top mounts will bed in, the suspension strut/spring units should remain unchanged unless the spring platform has been rotated.

thats sick that u were VAT free, no shock the toss pot force we call our government found another way to make more money from other peoples expenses!

The top mounts will bed in, the suspension strut/spring units should remain unchanged unless the spring platform has been rotated.

yer not entirely sure on what exact part of the set-up causes this, was just saying from experience from current and previous cars, and many friends cars, that in general just bare in mind that the ride height itself does drop a little (10-15mm) within a few hundred miles from when u fit the new coilovers

It's usually the front that drops by 10-15mm as the rubber part of the top mounts take a royal pounding!

even more than Kate did after the wedding Fishwick?

thats sick that u were VAT free, no shock the toss pot force we call our government found another way to make more money from other people

yea tell me about, i dont know if its the same for you guys in the uk but now if we post something that isnt listed as a gift we have to pay VAT on its sold value,

thinks thats an absolute JOKE! that they are makeing money on our personal belongings!