radolee

Air intakes that replace the front fog lamps

Make them yourself, much more fun and rewarding, furthermore you get exactly what you want. I made my own set and linked them in with an alloy fabricated bumper reinforcer which doubled as an air duct, directing air directly to my radiators.6d99fd7f-012f-f349.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As john made a set for Verity and the blackberry easy to do with an old surround. Check out my Verity build thread as posted pics of making them on that

Lookin to do this on mine one the air filter side to run a cold feed for the bmc

I took it out at weekend but couldnt get the fog lamp out is there a way to do it or do you have to butcher it

Also behind the fog light the hole thats in the metal behhind it is quite small have people just cut a bigger hole as its only about 30mm in diamiter

I was going to keep the fog and run it from under the front bumper grill bit dint wanna cut that either

Mate you better running a pipe from bumper grill to bmc if u planning on butchering for the fog

---------- Post added at 1:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:29 PM ----------

Oh and the fog glass is bonded in

Cheers mate might have a look at removing it again its cracked any way , i i do take out the fog is it possible to cut a bigger hole in the metal to allow more air flow , i might use that to cool the bay a bit more and one under the grill to run straight to the filter side

I mate I would cut bigger holes both sides of the bumper iron and forget about front fogs as really how often do you use them

I fitted BMW Air vents to Big Tartan Judges Corrado. Can't say they were as straight forward a mod as the ones I made for my own Corrado. 6d99fd7f-c063-048f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well my intakes came thru today so will gi e them a go and see how they fit

What kind of modification do they need to fit all the ones i have looked at look lime they have been fibre glassed and im not sure thats a route i want to take , if so ill have to try and find a way around it

Any info would be great

I have a pair for sale. Came off a member's Corrado so should fit no probs.

BTW Stealth did back to back tests with and without a cold feed to the BMC. No difference at all either way, so if that's why you're doing it, why bother...?

/\ Yeah I remember that. 7hp on a stock MK3 Golf VR6, with or without a cold feed :D

I don't think people understand what goes on under a bonnet when you're driving along. There is this assumption it's like an oven under there all the time but it isn't. That only happens when sat in traffic, and no amount of cold air feeds will help in that situation.

I suppose in a way anton your right , before you had said that tho i didnt know that stealth had tested it but did presume that it would at least help things a little under there ,

At the end of the day if its not going to help then there isnt much point but i think sometimes its a bit easy to get carried away with tinkering and modding just for the sake of it

I guess even if the air flow under the bonnet is good standard anything else you do to help isnt a bad thing tho. Every little helps!