Sign in to follow this  
vondribbley

How much can you get out of a full tank?

454.4 miles before I had to call the AA for more fuel :oops:

Anyone know of a simple way to make up a low fuel indicator light to fit in the dash where all the blank LED's are :?

Erm.. I thought the Corrado had a low fuel light?

By the way.. I was always told it was really bad letting your car basically run to empty - the fuel tank collects sedament and other assorted crap which if you let the tank run to empty all pour out and jam in the fuel filter. Its a cheap part to replace so you might want to get it changed if you experience problems since doing this.. I believe the crud that gets jammed in the fuel filter can restrict the flow of petrol into the engine.

454 miles isn't bad though :)

no low fuel light on my G60. maybe VRs had it on the new dash.

had mine grumble at me not too long ago when it was nearly empty. tenner in a can until i got to super unleaded. new fuel filter time then it was

320 miles on Optimax.

Mostly town driving though.

Oh and the lead right foot :wink:

Cheers

Mark

2.0 16V

330 - 350 miles on Optimax with mostly town driving and some dual carriageway driving too. Thats with the needle almost sitting on the bump stop at each fill up.

Paul

VR6 (last day of ownership :( )

330 - 350 miles on Optimax with mostly town driving and some dual carriageway driving too. Thats with the needle almost sitting on the bump stop at each fill up.

Paul

VR6 (last day of ownership :( )

Have seen nearly 400 miles on full tank of optimax from VR6..... there is no low fuel light on any corrados as far as am aware....

On average I get 380 - 400 with a mixture of driving styles

Can't seem to get much more than 300 miles. Mostly city driving though. And I believe the early ones had a smaller tank???

Don't know about them all, but mine definately has no warning light.

The most I've seen is 380miles, but I don't tend to take down to the stop due to the fact that the crap will get sucked in.

Well if my Stealth trip on Monday was anything to go buy, a tank is good for 510 miles (15 x 34mpg) but I doubt that'll ever happen. I always fill up before it gets to the red anyway.

As for draining the tank fully being a bad idea, that's an old wives tale. The in-tank pump has a fine guaze over the end of it's pick-up and it doesn't quite rest at the bottom of the tank anyway, to avoid picking up water (condensation).

The fuel filter is your second line of defense and collects micro-elements from shite fuel etc.

Kev

94 VR6

errr.. I didn't have any problems with "dirty" dregs last time I ran out either :oops:

I REALLY need an indicator light

My excuse this time was that I got cought on the A14/M6 going west and there were NO services - I actually ending up pulling into a disused slip road that was apparently for a service station until it got mothballed :mad:

i only get 250 around town short trips, but when constant motorway driving i get 300 plus

seems u lot get much better fuel economy :? i dont drive my too mad aswell only now and then :)

I'm the same as Nik. around 250 on average of runs, but 300 is very rare, as most of my longer journeys are on A and B roads....which of course means lots of over taking :lol: :p

Does the VR6 have a bigger fuel tank then?

mine says 15 gal on it and I reckon on getting just under 74 litres in it from empty (=16.28 UK gallons)

That means approx 28mpg which is about right

I WAS getting around 360 miles from a full tank (12 Gallons) before I drilled my airbox :( Now I'm getting around 260.

On a different note, do you guys find your MFA gives an accurate depiction of your MPG?

Mine generally seems ok.

The VR6 does, as far as I know have a bigger tank than the other Corrado's :)

Storm - 15 gal tank and get 20mpg communiting in stop start SW londonb traffic. so approx 300 miles.

Almost never see the trip meter go past 30mpg even if I'm going a steady 60 on a motorway. No idea how accurate it is, but I know the speedo is absolutely spot on between 50 and 110 when measured against my GPS radar detector.