Peebee

18's, too big?

As in title, im looking at swapping my rims and was wondering if 18's are just a but too tasty for a Corrado.

So are they too big?

Thanks guys.

imo, 18's are just too big on a rado.... dont suit the car atall. never seen a rado with 18's n thought, yer looks nice, i think 17's are the biggest u can go, and even then its gotta be done right, i say 17's if u waner ride high, if u want lows then 16s...

imo, 18's are just too big on a rado.... dont suit the car atall. never seen a rado with 18's n thought, yer looks nice, i think 17's are the biggest u can go, and even then its gotta be done right, i say 17's if u waner ride high, if u want lows then 16s...

I second this , 18s just look silly

I'm not gunna say don't do it but what I will say is depending on how frequently you use your car [only car/second car with daily etc...] I think has a bearing on whether to fit them or not.

In order to make them look less ridiculous you'll have to run rubber bands for tyres, thus making the ride harsh and increasing chances of regular wheel damage.

They can work and here is why I say this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68544[/ATTACH]

However this wasn't a bolt on and walk off job either.

I'm not gunna say don't do it but what I will say is depending on how frequently you use your car [only car/second car with daily etc...] I think has a bearing on whether to fit them or not.

In order to make them look less ridiculous you'll have to run rubber bands for tyres, thus making the ride harsh and increasing chances of regular wheel damage.

They can work and here is why I say this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68544[/ATTACH]

However this wasn't a bolt on and walk off job either.

I think that demonstrates why they don't work... how does he even turn the steering wheel?!

Not dropped down on air ride or something is it? Come on Jim, it's all about 'stance' these days :D

I knew posting that would cause a little hostility amongst the purists on here however I think you'll actually find that particular car is on H&R sus with some custom made springs...something which round these parts are highly regarded as far as I'm aware and possibly the makers of some of the best coilover suspension kits I've had the pleasure of experiencing.

It's also had various body modifications to allow the wheels to function correctly whilst maintaining a chosen body height. I'm far from saying this is what everyone SHOULD go out and do but I certainly appreciate the effort gone into making something like this actually function correctly apposed to just bolting them on, winding it down/pressing buttons and hoping for the best. I've also actually seen this car in the flesh and where as in most cases I'm disappointed with the actual car as photography can hide all mannor of sins, this was refreshingly the opposite. The level of detail of fit and finish is really quite excellent.

I think the point I'm trying to make is the straight answer of "Don't do it." is pretty close minded.

Dunno why you've quoted me there as I was being sarcastic in my second comment, not hostile :D

The air ride was a genuine question as I can't see how it can be that low and still have plenty of steering clearance as Jim queried. Plus a lot of air riders deck their cars for the show then pump them up again for the ride home.

hey - from experience I had 18's on mine when I bought it - it WASN'T set up properly for them and I got rid of them pretty damn quick - couldnt go anywhere near full lock and tramlined like a mad thing - IMHO they looked good but ultimately no good on mine - if it was set up proper for them why not, but as someone else said, maybe have a set of speedlines for everyday??

Well thats that then, no 18's for me. I only questioned it as there are some very nice Mercedes AMG wheel about, but all come in 18 inch flavor.

Im running 16 inch now (Design 90's) on elastic bands as quoted above. 17's will have to be the way forward now.

Thanks for your help guys.