Goldie

Goldies 94 VR6… New Daily...

Presumably he'll be buying it back again in a few years so you best keep it in good shape Goldie :)

Glad to hear you've got another, especially one of that calibre.

Sweet lord. I blinked and missed that sale. No point asking about plans as the car's pretty much sewn up. All the best enjoying a rather splendid example.

Goldie - you need to update your signature block from "Almost time for Another...." to something else now, although I suspect you're staring out of the window at your new purchase if not actually outside enjoying it.

pictures and spec....or its not real...lol

:lol:

Not surprised mate as i know you have a standard that would be hard to satisfy with many cars but this one, Really pleased you have it and Fair play to Gareth it is a truly exceptional car and I really hope Gareth doesn't regret it in the future, in fairness he has created a legend and it will always be Gareths old car as Jay Renshaws is always his old car.

If you can live with that which i'm sure you can then why the hell not.

Many Many congrats mate. so when you coming to see us in it :lol:

You get used to it as mine was known as 'Bills old car', but now not so much.

You definately need to bring it to Harewood as I didnt get chance to look over the engine bay at Tatton Park last week.

Did you get it with the RS's???????

I spoke to Gareth in depth about the fact id always feel it was his car and i feel that is down to the rarity of the colour combination and the sheer overall quality of it. Its never been a car that screems "look at me" and that is its appeal to me and to many others no doubt. When i phoned the insurance and we discussed modifications there really aren't that many, it is a super clean mildy modified car. It is from here that i would like to continue, to enjoy it and yes put my own angle on the car, after all if i started with a completely blank and unknown canvas there would be a lot in common with how this car is..

There are always things to do with this car, I'm just very fortunate that some of the big jobs that are lurking for all Corrados, no matter how clean, have been done, cooling system, brakes, bearings etc.. There won't be anything done that doesn't fit with the current cars image..

Today i have enjoyed doing a few miles, i was very nervous when i first drove the car so i just want to get to know it.. I have changed the original stereo for a bang up to date sony unit that has the correct colour illumination and other than that i have given it a good wash.

BBS RS, no longer with the car. I assure you i am their number one fan and i didn't really want to like the Compomotives when i first saw pictures of them but goodness me they look the business, they show all the details of the brakes and arches.. I have no intention of making a change in that department, i suppose you never know though...

Edited by Goldie

Welcome back to the fold! Cracking car you have there. Your old Storm provided a lot of the inspiration for mine so shall watch this with interest.

so thats why you did not answer my text to say my car was MOT'd, but hey cant blame you for buying Gareths corrado at all mate.

i didn't really want to like the Compomotives when i first saw pictures of them but goodness me they look the business, they show all the details of the brakes and arches.. I have no intention of making a change in that department, i suppose you never know though...

If you do change your mind...:)

Well done. You have bought the one, when I was talking to Gareth I was surprised how much he was prepared to let it go for. Your smile must be permanent at the mo. Good luck and keep her safe

The car is in very safe hands, she won't be wanting fro anything...

Nice afternoon here so a few pictures taken by Loch Lomond...

DSCN4649.jpg

DSCN4646.jpg

DSCN4656.jpg

DSCN4637.jpg

DSCN4652.jpg

Edited by Goldie

Looks crap...........

Joking obviously, I see its back on the original plate, not seeing OSV ... kinda helps to make it your own :cool:

Would you like to do a straight swap for my pearl grey 16v? Sorry mine doesnt come with those nice leather seats and the paint works not so good but it does have Tax and MOT for the next few months!

Edited by bmwcompact

Thank you, i have been good, I've only washed it once and it has hardly moved.. Ive started under the bonnet though today, it really isn't going to need much effort though, its such a belter as it is..

Nice, welcome back :)

The pictures in you sig were what originally inspired me to start tickling my old green one, i believe i did ask you years ago what suspension you had because i knew it had to be done..

Now swaps I'm afraid....thank you anyway..

I am glad to have it on its original number, the plate will always be associated with the car, that plate has been attached to some other nice cars in the past mind you....

I think this could be the pic of the day for me..

DSCN4642.jpg