Sign in to follow this  
phaserno1

Blind people reversing into VR6's get's !!Funnier!!

All I can say is use your mirrors old people!!!!

1.30pm today I had a lovely land rover reverse straight into the frot of my oh so clean VR6!!!…

Blind old ****, I couldn’t get it into reverse quicker enough L… I even beeped

him but he still continued coming at me causing the damage below…

Luckily its not much, bonnet is a bit bent and as you can see the wing has had it L… I think it might be an expensive one for him.

Anyone got any ideas on how much they might be looking at…lol???????, goto have abit of symphony he was on the way to a funeral!, he was lucky it wasn’t his after this… :lol:

Hmmm... bad luck mate. Looks expensive for him alright. New wing, bonnet, headlight, grille and maybe front panel as the headlight seems to be pushed in a bit as well.

New wing, poss. bonnet, new headlight assy., plus paint etc. I'm starting the sweep-stake at £750. Not much sympathy for the driver from this end, if your'e too old / inept to drive, then stop doing it. What if it had been a child he reversed in to /over. At least you were there to see it, I had some tw#t reverse in to mine with their towbar, then just drove off., unfortunately I wasn't there at the time. Luckily the number plate took most of the damage. Trouble is with this kind of carelessness, the harder the parts are to come by, and the easier it gets for your car to get written of by soul-less insurers who just see the C as an old car :roll:

Looks like he took out a bit of the panel under the headlight, which as I under stand it can be tricky to sort out?

i had the same damage on mine,had the wing repaired,cost me £400 that was with the headlight and fog light aswell

"Looks like he took out a bit of the panel under the headlight, which as I under stand it can be tricky to sort out".

Do you know why this could be a tricky problem?

The bit under the head lamp is part of the slam panel and isn't just the thin strip you can see.... New ones cost OVER £400 from VW! :shock:

It's a huge panel which goes all the way down to the front subframe and across both at the top and below the lights... :?

You have my sympathies, but at least you were there to see it and the person stopped, I lost both headlamps, the grille and the slam panel when some muppet reversed into me and then drove off as I chased across the carpark after them... :mad:

Hope you get it sorted ASAP with as few problems as possible... 8)

Insurance will probably want to replace slam, bonnet , wing and headlamp + paint and Labour... if the quote is less than £1500 for the parts, then it's cheap... :|

And this is why Corrado ownership can be so painful. A stupid little shunt like that could result in a write off.

I hope you get this sorted without too much hassle phaserno1.

I am gutted i love the c :( ... i guess thats why there is insurance, im in the process of dealing with the insurance companys today.. i might even offer the guy to pay cash as he was not short of a peny.....

I hope they dont write it off for lack of parts, might be a brucy bonus tho as i coud buy it back of naff all and fix it ....ummm thanks jim

My front end was totalled last Sep (new bonnet, wings, bumper, all lights, slam panel, rad + fans etc.) and still the car wasn't written off - £4500 :shock: total bill - so you should be OK.

Not sure if they'll let you buy it back anyway - rules have changed lately...

what a cunt ! people are just so stupid or they just dont give 2 shits.

Oh it pisses me off when ppl drive huge 4x4 land rovers and ugly 4x4 porche family cars when they live in the middle of town. Why have a car so big if u cant even see behind you. What makes me laff is seeing mothers struggling doing a 3 point turn in a car bigger than they can handle

Mate just had mine repaired mine was in a worse state than that, I had a new slam panel, bonnet, two headlights, and fog light, fron drivers wing, luckily it was not a write off!! Yours is less than what my damage was so you'll get away from it being written off!! Its a bloody shame mate I know how it feels!!

Sanj

Everything is sweet!

I Have just go back from the approved insurance garage, wicked roads for the VR6 to have it on, mental corners and straights…..lol

The guy loved it he hadn’t seen one for ages… he said he would not writhe it off coz he love them and knows how much they are still worth in this condition. Whole new front end for me he said wicked no stone chips at last…tanks 4x4 driver that’s what I wanted…

To top it off im going to get a 7 series bmw for a hire car as my hire take into account how many miles you do and you normal motor size you drive RESULT!!!

Thanks for the notes guy’s, lets see what these bmw are cracked up to be shall we ummmm

Who are you insured with, they sound good, so presumably not 'quote me happy, repair me very un-happy' :x

Glad to hear it's going to have a happy (front)ending! :D

umm This story gets funnier!!.

Well the hire car place didn’t give me a 7 series Bmw, but they gave me a 04 mondao TDCi with only 200miles on the clock, nice car to drive it seems till I got hold of it and put it thought its paces….

Well it dose 1**mph any way which I was very surprised on the way back to work in it yesterday afternoon. As usual I left work at 5pm to go home, I let the old diesel warm up before leaving, I was driving in my normal way back home.

I stopped at some lights right out side of a ford garage pulled away quickly and booom!!! Shock horror it totally exploded lol, gearbox and bottom end wend dumping bolts and ole etc on the garage in front of the ford garage!!! Lamo….

Any I phoned the recovery people up to come and get me then I phoned the hire car place and guess what they were shocked they had only had the car 1 week till I got my hands on it lol….

When I arrived back at the hire car place in Brighton they all had stayed behind to see what I had done to my surprise the gave me a standing ovation all 7 of them lamo…. They said that was the quickest they had ever had a car back I had only done 25 miles lol.

Check this so they put me straight back into another one with only 100 miles on the clock!!! i thought they were going to tell me to poke my hire care up my ass.

i dread to think what the garage they take it to are going to say…… So all in all I think the ford garage could have done without that right out side there garage… I still cant stop laughing about in now….

:lol: :lol:

kvwloon

im insured with tesco belive it or not, i though they were going to be a bad one but it seems the totaly the other way around... hope that helps m8 :D

I agree, the new Mondeo's are nice. A mate of mine's old man has one for a company car, and he is on the insurance.

We borrowed it to drive to Nottingham on the weekend and it was a nice drive.. 6 speed box, very nice for cruising along, and did 120MPH without a lot of fuss. Pretty economical too at 44MPG! :)

God knows what happened to your hire car though.. as it had only done 200 miles and wasn't even run in yet, doing 1**MPH in it probably wasn't gonna help it.