max west-yorks

what bhp roughly do I have with...

Hi,

Had my VR for a year now and been fiddling with it a bit, never had it dynod but would be interested in a rough bhp figure based on what you guys have seen with similar setups

my car is a 94 VR with a full rebuild 72k ago so engine is really solid.

schrick 268 cams with map from stealth to suit

BMC CDA intake

raceland 621 manifold

jetex decat and non res catback (2.25")

all new stock plugs/leads/coil pack

stock fuelling

stock inlet mani

stock 2.9 and stock pistons

cheers,

max

Did Stealth not provide a dyno plot when they mapped it, or did you buy the car with these mods already done?

With 268 cams and a BMC, probably looking at 210ish hp.

i would say about the 190-195bhp mark, because although u get SOME gains with the manifold, cams and intake, the car also looses alot of bhp over time/mileage, so you have probably just made up for what's been lost and brought it back to the 190-195 mark, bhp gains are more difficult than people think in ways of respiratory in the case of N/A cars.

EDIT: didn't see you mentioned map. yer i agree about 205-210ish

cams were done with the rebuild (as stealth did the rebuild) not during my ownership, perhaps it's in my folder of a million and one receipts

just interested in the benefits people have seen from exhausts on VRs mainly!

when i put a straight through stainless 3inch pipe on mine coming of the Stainless fannymold i noticed a considerable difference, from low and top end. IMO really worth while!

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Haven't had it on the rolling road since so dont know the bhp gains, but i noticed the gains sat in the drivers seat instantly. and she spits the odd flame now as well haha :D

I think that car results are logged on Vinces computer so might be worth a call with your reg no to Stealth

The schrick only affects the torque. Peak power will probably be the same with the standard inlet. If you call Vince with your reg plate, he'll look it up on his computer :D