dr_mat

Corrado NOT for Sale.

Dear universe,

Just because my car sits on my drive, doesn't get washed, doesn't get polished, has to be charged with a cable out the window, and sits on slowly deflating tyres on my driveway, that doesn't mean I want to get rid...

Got it?

FFS.

Why not put a note in the window that says Not For Sale? Might stop people asking about it.

Dear universe,

Just because my car sits on my drive, doesn't get washed, doesn't get polished, has to be charged with a cable out the window, and sits on slowly deflating tyres on my driveway, that doesn't mean I want to get rid...

Got it?

FFS.

[ WARNING: the above message may contain irony, sarcasm and outright lies. ]

does it?

Yeah, I'm tempted to put a sign in tbh.. This is getting silly.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

I mean, does anyone else get asked if their car is for sale all the time? My dad's never been asked if his immaculate 12 plate Focus is for sale ..

Think about it from an outsiders point of view , they might just want to save it from

A . Not getting washed

B . Not getting polished or waxed

C . Having slowly deflating tyres

D. Getting charged by a cable out the window

You cant get mad with that , put a note in the window saying not for sale

To be honest, if I see a car sitting neglected on a drive way and collecting moss, then I'd consider it to be unwanted and fair play for a knock on the door and an enquiry about a sale.

Why not put a note in the window that says Not For Sale? .

A 'not for sale' sign :scratch:

right, now to move this thread to the 'For Sale' section...

I can understand the mothering instinct of petrolheads wanting to save the car from its slightly grotty fate, but really ... They can't possibly know that mechanically it is lavished on .. (After all, I bought the car to drive, not to look at. Ironic and slightly sad that I don't drive it much now!)

Clearly I need a car cover that looks like a Ford Focus to put over it. 1) it'll stop the weather getting to it and 2) it'll prevent the car being desirable in any way whatsoever ..

There is a silver ( with red leather) 1988 Saab 900 Turbo Aero ( the other car I have been addicted to over the years) sitting on the front grass outside a house near me. It has the look of a well looked after car that has only recently been moored. Flat tyres and moss starting to grow, as well as the foliage around it. After seeing it for nearly a year not move I decided to be proactive. Went to the door and turns out the house is 2 flats. Rang the bell and lady answered confirming it was Landlords and that he didn't want to sell it. Apparently a few people have asked and he is keeping it to fettle it!..well, in the year since I asked it hasn't moved an inch. Such a crying shame that a previously cherished car (even original dealer plates and tax disc/ stickers still present) is being neglected to rot! These older cars need at least semi- regular use. It is heart breaking walking past it every day formthe last 2 years and seeing it worsen.

Also, whenever I don't own a Corrado I leave spontaneous notes on nearly every good condition VR6 that I see asking the seller to ring me if they would consider selling it. Lavish a bit of praise in the note. Speaking personally I would be chuffed to receive such an endorsement

There is a silver ( with red leather) 1988 Saab 900 Turbo Aero ( the other car I have been addicted to over the years) sitting on the front grass outside a house near me. It has the look of a well looked after car that has only recently been moored. Flat tyres and moss starting to grow, as well as the foliage around it. After seeing it for nearly a year not move I decided to be proactive. Went to the door and turns out the house is 2 flats. Rang the bell and lady answered confirming it was Landlords and that he didn't want to sell it. Apparently a few people have asked and he is keeping it to fettle it!..well, in the year since I asked it hasn't moved an inch. Such a crying shame that a previously cherished car (even original dealer plates and tax disc/ stickers still present) is being neglected to rot! These older cars need at least semi- regular use. It is heart breaking walking past it every day formthe last 2 years and seeing it worsen.

Also, whenever I don't own a Corrado I leave spontaneous notes on nearly every good condition VR6 that I see asking the seller to ring me if they would consider selling it. Lavish a bit of praise in the note. Speaking personally I would be chuffed to receive such an endorsement

Go back and pester him :D that's how I ended up with my Audi S2 :)

Never had any praise for my Corrado, only requests to sell it .. !

At least mine does turn its wheels regularly, just not every day.