g60 jack

G60 exhaust

I dont know if this is in the right section.... so sorry if it isnt.

I would just like a bit of advise really, after a lot of hunting around i got a g60 about 3 weeks. I brought it knowing that i wanted to change a few things. The main thing that is bugging me is the exhaust!

Its stainless steel straight through and de-catted, also the tailpipe is like a cannon! lol Its really loud and not really my thing. Just wanted to know what i would need to do to quieten it down really (im definatley changing the back box, just dont know if that would make much difference :scratch:)

Thanks in advance for any help

On the Corrado's you can't really beat Miltek or Magnex IMO if you can go for one of those/find one.

Also, be sure to check the exhaust hanger style. They will be either 'Hook' or 'Bar' style hangers. Early and late style systems basically. Most G60's are early style.

Neil.

thanks for the reply......well its a "j" reg. Would getting a new back box quieten it down?

I dont mind a bit of nooise, but it just drones lol

OK I have a 2l 16v not a G60.

You are concerned about noise-how many boxes do you have? Apart from the cat (which you say is not present) I think you should have 3 boxes. The front one is small, then the so called suitcase box then the rear silencer. Many cars inc mine have the small front box removed. My car isnt noisy-it has the cat, a supersprint suitcase replacement and rear silencer. Do you still have the suitcase or has that also been removed? I think many cars only have 2 boxes but where legally required still have the cat. and are fine noise wise. However there are reports here of cheap s/s systems being fitted that are noisy-supersprint, miltek, magnex and Jetex seem to be the preferred quality brands.

Another point to mention is that the original system was 2.25 ins OD but many stainless replacements are 2.5 ins OD. If you are just replacing the rear silencer then you need to be sure its the right size for the rest of your system. As has been mentioned, earlier cars have hook type hangers, later cars have simple bars and rubber hangers to suit. I think you will have hooks.

Finally if you have 2.5 in OD pipes and you want a rear silencer with hooks I have a new stainless Jetex silencer bought for a G60 but never fitted. Its the standard box design with oval tail.

Edited by bmwcompact

I Have a full scorpion system for sale also with decat , boxter style tailpipe and all the righjt silencers looking for 150 collected , cheers

OK I have a 2l 16v not a G60.

You are concerned about noise-how many boxes do you have? Apart from the cat (which you say is not present) I think you should have 3 boxes. The front one is small, then the so called suitcase box then the rear silencer. Many cars inc mine have the small front box removed. My car isnt noisy-it has the cat, a supersprint suitcase replacement and rear silencer. Do you still have the suitcase or has that also been removed? I think many cars only have 2 boxes but where legally required still have the cat. and are fine noise wise. However there are reports here of cheap s/s systems being fitted that are noisy-supersprint, miltek, magnex and Jetex seem to be the preferred quality brands.

Another point to mention is that the original system was 2.25 ins OD but many stainless replacements are 2.5 ins OD. If you are just replacing the rear silencer then you need to be sure its the right size for the rest of your system. As has been mentioned, earlier cars have hook type hangers, later cars have simple bars and rubber hangers to suit. I think you will have hooks.

Finally if you have 2.5 in OD pipes and you want a rear silencer with hooks I have a new stainless Jetex silencer bought for a G60 but never fitted. Its the standard box design with oval tail.

You will find that Corrados only have 3 boxes including the CAT if fitted, on non CAT cars the CAT pipe is replaced with a silenced pipe instead.

i will get under the rado when the floors a bit dryer and see what boxes are there, and measure the diameter of the actual pipe wether its 2.25 or 2.5

bmwcompact and g60 cs could you please pm me a couple of pictures and prices please....

thanks for all the info