JohnJ

VR6 injectors...cleaner is better!

So I did manage to get hold of these guys. Here's what I got;

New message from: osidetiger (5,033Green Star)

Our injectors will work just fine at 3 or 4 bar. Please note that running at a higher bar level than the factory setting may make you car run rich. It’s common practice for injector manufacturers (like Bosch) to only recommend the OEM injectors as replacements since they are not in the business of upgrades but would rather offload new old stock from inventory. Our injectors are a much more modern injector with advanced spray pattern, solid stainless core, and improved response times.

The injectors are refurbished by us in the U.S. as far as we know they are exclusively sold by us so there is currently no other supplier we can vouch for. Many of our overseas customers either have a family member, friend, or service ship to them. Just a thought. Thank you again for contacting us.

Might look into if any couriers can do this.

Though I'm really hoping someone on here knows a man who can in the US and is wanting some of these. 😉

Either way in pretty convinced these are a good way to go for NA setups to squeeze out a little more of what we want out of these VR lumps 😊

When is the fuel injected? If its on the compression stroke the mixture will be pulverised as the piston rises compressing the mixture.

Dox if the powerstroke is #1 the fuel is injected on stroke #3 where the piston pulls vacuum on the inlet before it's finally pre-compressed for igniting. This pressure increase drives the boiling point of liquids down so even though the temp increases massively the more fuel atomization the injectors do for it the better.

Surely the lambda will just pull back and compensate for over fuelling? I'm all for worthwhile upgrades but I don't think putting any more fuel in there without more air as well will do any good? And as for spray patterns, how much of a difference will that make in real terms? I thought the main test of injector health was the ability to deliver a given amount in a certain period of time.

I think the systems as it stands was designed to work at 3.5bar operating pressure, with a fixed injector flow rate, and is governed by the ECU fuelling map and lambda for rich/lean detection once up to speed.

I'd say the most benefits are probably to be had by cleaning and checking the existing factory injectors and replacing all the o-rings. I have a set of refurbished ones that I haven't gotten around to fitting yet, but will update when I do.

BTW, the post office here have a service where they will give you a delivery address in the US, and will then ship back to Europe for you - do you not have something similar? It's not that cheap, but handy for those times when a supplier will only ship within their own country.