Hofmiester

Any Raddo owners in the North East?

Great stuff, this is going to be great!

I'd better get a move on with finishing the last bits on my car. Need to solder a new ABS pump connector onto the loom plus I have all the parts now for heated seats.....would love to have that working by then.....plus the Samco hoses.....bugger too much to do!

would love to come but if anything id be rolling in the mk4, corrados currently SORN`d, getting a good bit work done to her, wont be back on the road till the summer

I agree, come show some love. :)

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Great stuff, this is going to be great!

I'd better get a move on with finishing the last bits on my car. Need to solder a new ABS pump connector onto the loom plus I have all the parts now for heated seats.....would love to have that working by then.....plus the Samco hoses.....bugger too much to do!

Good luck Ron,

Also hope timthetinyhorse gets his sorted too. So come on guys.

M

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

*************Annual Helmsley Meet 2013************

First main meeting point of the day: 11:30am (20min wait) in Thirsk, Marage Road Coach Park opposite Barleys Yard. (between B1448 & A61) only pay/display if cars left unattended.

We shall travel East along the A170 into Helmsley to the forester house car park on Cleveland Way its a large car&coach park behind the Helmsley Riding School, we should get parked up together there depending on other traffic, as its St Patricks Day and these little towns live for there Saturday and Sunday business we'll just see. After making sure everyones there, quick hello etc, then into cars at 12:30 for a full circle of the coach park to pip horns then off out......This will be 54 mile full loop route. From the cleveland way car park we'll start by heading north out of Helmsley on B1257 road through Great Broughton into Stokesley Then head west un'named road passing through Easby, Kildale & Crag Bank Wood. the road will end before reaching Danby then its turning right to head south through Castlton and the beautiful North York Moors via Fadmoor to Kirkbymoorside Village. Finally we then take the fast A170 west back to Helmsley and into the Cleveland Way coach/car Park. The drive should take about 60mins in total who knows.

Your welcome to pay and display here afterwards and head into the market square(2min walk) for a look about and some food. Plenty of shops, we had also been offered in: The Black Swan at £25 ahead or afternoon tea there at £18.

Edited by Michael'durham'

trust the weather to turn **** again , im hoping for nice sunny conditions though , that route sounds good im betting it takes longer than an hour though and maybe we could all stop in the middle somewhere to get a few pics and have a chat

Ahh it should be mint, just need it to be dry best photo could be as we turn to head south towards castleton. We had planned and intend to hang out I that Cleveland Way coach park Helmsley after the run. Weather permitting.

1)Michael'durham' Durham Sivler Nreg

2)Chris: Lilfuzzer 'South Durham' blackberryVR6

3)Matt: Redborbet 'Hull'

4)Ron: Hofmiester 'Newcastle Area'

(car share) Chris Vaghag

5)Russ: 20vtvw 'harrogate'

6)Dave: Fragsxr - 'Newcastle' 4motion'

7)Dan: daniboy1_2_3 'Yarm' black VR6 65k (mint)

8}Trevor (not in forum YET) 'Durham' VR6Storm 24k (wow)

9)Trevor (not in forum YET) 'Durham VR6Storm 90k

*************Annual Helmsley Meet 2013************

First main meeting point of the day: 11:30am (20min wait) in Thirsk, Marage Road Coach Park opposite Barleys Yard. (between B1448 & A61) only pay/display if cars left unattended.

We shall travel East along the A170 into Helmsley to the forester house car park on Cleveland Way its a large car&coach park behind the Helmsley Riding School, we should get parked up together there depending on other traffic, as its St Patricks Day and these little towns live for there Saturday and Sunday business we'll just see. After making sure everyones there, quick hello etc, then into cars at 12:30 for a full circle of the coach park to pip horns then off out......This will be 54 mile full loop route. From the cleveland way car park we'll start by heading north out of Helmsley on B1257 road through Great Broughton into Stokesley Then head west un'named road passing through Easby, Kildale & Crag Bank Wood. the road will end before reaching Danby then its turning right to head south through Castlton and the beautiful North York Moors via Fadmoor to Kirkbymoorside Village. Finally we then take the fast A170 west back to Helmsley and into the Cleveland Way coach/car Park. The drive should take about 60mins in total who knows.

Your welcome to pay and display here afterwards and head into the market square(2min walk) for a look about and some food. Plenty of shops, we had also been offered in: The Black Swan at £25 ahead or afternoon tea there at £18.

trust the weather to turn **** again , im hoping for nice sunny conditions though , that route sounds good im betting it takes longer than an hour though and maybe we could all stop in the middle somewhere to get a few pics and have a chat

[ATTACH]72784[/ATTACH]

Weather looking at its gonna warm up a bit.

Plan is still for Newcastle/Gateshead folks to meet at Easington at 10:30?

thats still the plan ron, i'll give u a ring this week...could even meet you at whitemare pool shell garage?

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Plan is still for Newcastle/Gateshead folks to meet at Easington at 10:30?

thats still the plan ron, i'll give u a ring this week...could even meet you at whitemare pool shell garage?

Not been on here in Ages, then see this :)

When is it? Whats the crack etc etc etc :)

Steve

Still battling to get my car running guys but I think I'm getting to the bottom of the issue now, michael'durham' I will drop young pm with progress.

Not been on here in Ages, then see this :)

When is it? Whats the crack etc etc etc :)

Steve

meeting this sunday coming bud , theres an updated list and all the info on the first page and a few posts back from here aswell

meeting this sunday coming bud , theres an updated list and all the info on the first page and a few posts back from here aswell

Which I can't be bothered to look through Hence the post :) Yes I'm that Lazy!

I'm in Hull next weekend for Mother in Laws Birthday, :( Shame!

If you're gonna make it a regular thing, that would be cool, Plus there is a local VAG meet at the Windmill on the A19 a few times a year, be nice for a few Rado's to turn up.....I wouldn't feel the odd one out then!

Haha i must admit im a bit lazy with reading through threads some times , your welcome to jump in mine if your in hull im based in east hull but im guessing your down for the full family weekend , the other meet on the a19 is that the one thats behind the services at a car garage , think iv heard of it anyway mate

Haha i must admit im a bit lazy with reading through threads some times , your welcome to jump in mine if your in hull im based in east hull but im guessing your down for the full family weekend , the other meet on the a19 is that the one thats behind the services at a car garage , think iv heard of it anyway mate

Yep, Hopefully be back to watch the F1.........

That place you're thinking of is the OK Diner, it sort of outgrew the car park there, so moved about 300yds up the road to the Windmill Pub, same side as the OK, but massive car park!

Hull used to have a big VW community, Demon VW forum etc, think some of them still meet at the Ketch Pub, near Waitrose??

Yea its still on although i dont think the meet is massive anymore , and it is at the ketch up in willerby , iv been once but never felt any kind of group atmosphere , more of just seperate groups of mates all stood around seperate

The a19 meet sounds good id may e try and go to that although it depends how far up the 19 it is

Yea its still on although i dont think the meet is massive anymore , and it is at the ketch up in willerby , iv been once but never felt any kind of group atmosphere , more of just seperate groups of mates all stood around seperate

The a19 meet sounds good id may e try and go to that although it depends how far up the 19 it is

okdiner_zps9c06d17b.jpg

:)

its about 8 miles from Middlesbrough,

Went to the fading lights one there the last one of the year was cold but good though (even though the lights werent on)

I think I might not be able to make this now as I have been waiting for a pipe for my power steering and just been told its not available till next week(gutted)I don't want to bodge it and waste steering fluid so might have to sit this one out,,

If this is going to be a regular thing tho I will defo attend at some point,,

Russ that's a real shame :( your gonna miss a great time.

Darlo Steve please drop me a Pm I'm getting a census together of all northeast names and contact details. I'll give you my mobile number on return.

I have around 30 owners now, it's amazing.

I'm really gutted ,make sure you take plenty of pics so I can see what I've missed out on.

Is there plans for this to be regular?

I'm really gutted ,make sure you take plenty of pics so I can see what I've missed out on.

Is there plans for this to be regular?

I'm thinkng a good 3-4 times a year, just gonna wait on feedback and suggestions I guess. it can only get better and larger numbers, like I said in the earlier message im getting upto around 30owners which is amazing.

Layby before the Haverton Hill turning A19 10:45 it's a southbound layby on A19 between the a139 & a1046

Or we'll just see you at the Thirsk car park.think your the only one travelling north to Thirsk.!