Hofmiester

Any Raddo owners in the North East?

I'm at university in Durham but will only have my Corrado up later in the year from April.

timthetinyhorse, your VR looks very very clean!

Alreet chaps.....the weather is getting better and I think we should get that meet back on the cards!

I second that :)

I'm just in South Durham and know all the area's.

Was beginning to think we are a little few and far between up north here. I'm happy if anyone PM's me I will send my mobile or email address and help sort summit.

Cheers :)

Yep im still up for this and ill still try and find a decent meet point in the national park thing although im struggling at the moment to find any good roads as im not that familiar with the area , i know grossmont and thy area are all nice its just finding somewhere good to drive and hopefully for a few photos of all the cars

Shall we decide a date in here then as this seems to be a bit of thread that keeps being resurected

Hows about sunday the 24 march ? Weather should be nice enough for a day out by then

I'm cool with anytime, should be class.

When Hofmiester reads this, he could please update/edit the very first post on this thread and make a list of everyone's home area. Then we can take into account how many will be travelling up/down to meet etc. If he struggles he can send a PM to forum members not showing there location and ask. Same goes to members that have moved house since there forum registration, they can PM him and we'll all see The real interest and can correctly take into account whats best travelling.

I'm more than happy to collect mobile numbers nearer the time of the interested owners and send a group text etc, to arrange. Would be totally Mint to meet a good few times a year maybe have a north east owners group too.

I'm only new hear so my suggestions are up for debate.

Being south of durham Hull is 113 miles from me and would be 150miles from the guys in newcastle/Sunderland

Places like Richmond, Beadle, Northallerton are central and shouldnt involve more than 40miles drive or so for most (I think). This will encourage a larger turn out I hope.

Lets get this on :) :) :) ;)

I'm still well up for this ,end of march sounds good as the weather should be better by then .

I'm in Harrogate so Northallerton area would be good for me,just need to put my car back together and tax it!

is there anyway we can put everyone that is interested adress on to a map and then go from there , then we could find a central point from there , so no one has to travel to far

Iv had a few so if thats a kak idea someone come up with something good lol

I liked Hofmiester in a earlier post suggesting Helmsley, I've had a look and thats a good central area, be it a tiny bit further south for the more northern members on this thread, however if they're happy coming down then Thirsk would be best to meet up (car park) then a drive east to Helmsley, with Thirsk being on the A19 it will help the far northern guys drive time As its good straight dual carriageway.and be easy for everyone to find.

Ok guys, just catching up on this now. Ideally I'm hoping we can get something regular going like the Southern lot ;)

So even if someone has a bit more of a trek this time, we'll balance it out next time, although agreed on trying keep as central as possible but also picturesque with some nice roads.

I've edited the first post to account for a list, for those of you haven't stated your location, can I have them please?

I think mid to late March is a good time, we can't keep delaying!

Edited by Hofmiester

Ok guys, just catching up on this now. Ideally I'm hoping we can get something regular going like the Southern lot ;)

So even if someone has a bit more of a trek this time, we'll balance it out next time, although agreed on trying keep as central as possible but also picturesque with some nice roads.

I've edited the first post to account for a list, for those of you haven't stated your location, can I have them please?

I think mid to late March is a good time, we can't keep delaying!

Mint ;)

Edited by Michael'durham'

Actually looking through the thread, everyone gave their location and so I've built up that list in the first thread.

It looks like we don't have anyone too much further north than Newcastle but we do have quite a few folk coming over from further south (Hull, Leeds, Harrogate)

So North Yorks/South Tyneside would be best middle ground.

Helmsley is a beautiful spot, I've only been once. My only concern is that the main central square gets busy and may not be big enough to house all our cars. Does anyone know if there is a good space there aside from the central square just in case it's packed?

Date wise, I think 16/17th would be a good weekend, I can't make the weekend after that and then it is Easter and so a lot of folks will go see family etc

Edited by Hofmiester

I liked Hofmiester in a earlier post suggesting Helmsley' date=' I've had a look and thats a good central area, be it a tiny bit further south for the more northern members on this thread, however if they're happy coming down then Thirsk would be best to meet up (car park) then a drive east to Helmsley, with Thirsk being on the A19 it will help the far northern guys drive time As its good straight dual carriageway.and be easy for everyone to find.[/quote']

was me who suggested helmsley... just for the b1257 (nice road). thirsk the better meeting point though but could still go via helmsley rather than a dull drive down the a19.

anyone from newcastle/sunderland could meet at washington services or easington services and drive down from there.

Hi guys glad to see this is happening, it's possible my car may be running soon but I'm not sure it will be back on the road in time :-)

It's fantastic that it's got momentum, next job would be for Hofmiester if he doesn't mind that is. Send A quick copy/paste 'are you attending Thirsk to Helmsley run on the 16th or 17th march' private massage then it's a go,!

I was looking below this thread on the 'similar thread section' might be a few other north east owners lurking in there worth a private message to invite.

Agreed with me that Thirsk is best to hook up then a convoy drive to Helmsley ;) I'd prob drive up to easington just for the crack....

Mate, doing my best but I dont have a lot of time to micro manage this ;)

Firstly, before we get into the details of convoy locations and all that, I need to know who can actually make it as while the list of people who expressed interest is looking solid, we need to know who can make what date.

So if everyone who is up for this please PM me with answers to the following

Date:

Can you make the 16th?

Can you make the 17th?

Will you be meeting us at:

Easington?

Thirsk?

Helmsley?

Thanks

Ron

---------- Post added at 2:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:23 PM ----------

Hi guys glad to see this is happening, it's possible my car may be running soon but I'm not sure it will be back on the road in time :-)

If your car isn't ready but you want to come anyway then let me know, I can alway give you a lift.

Mate, doing my best but I dont have a lot of time to micro manage this ;)

Firstly, before we get into the details of convoy locations and all that, I need to know who can actually make it as while the list of people who expressed interest is looking solid, we need to know who can make what date.

So if everyone who is up for this please PM me with answers to the following

Date:

Can you make the 16th?

Can you make the 17th?

Will you be meeting us at:

Easington?

Thirsk?

Helmsley?

Thanks

Ron

---------- Post added at 2:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:23 PM ----------

If your car isn't ready but you want to come anyway then let me know, I can alway give you a lift.

That's fine As it is, I'm free on both Sat & Sun

On Marage rd opposite Bradley's yard (on google maps) in Thirsk there's a coach park and its free, should have plenty room, that's if there's nowt on in Thirsk on the day we choose.

Hi guys sorry been off this thread for a while will try and make it just I have friends up that weekend so depends on whats happening we could poss come over dependant on plans.

Also in county durham near Michael durham now so location has changed just not changed my sig yet. Anyway enough rambling I'll let you know once I do

So far had just 1 PM message about the date and meeting/convoy location.... a little depressing :(

Come on guys!

Guess if there very little or no interest from the Yorkshire area, we could meet further north?

I will sort a personal message inviting to every known member in this thread and on the linked threads below at the weekends. Be good if we can get all Yorkshire and Tyne and Wear in on this, I'm sure when it happens it will be well worth it.

when it happens i think we could do a proper census and make a group email and messages for further meets

Lets See what happens.

Edited by Michael'durham'

Im deffo still up gor this and any of those dayes iv just forgot to pm you

If you still need a pm i will send one but i think alot of people have stated interest in the thread , it might be worth making a new thread with all the info on and then just editing people in to a list on there

That's mint guys. A new thread might be an idea, but just not yet. A thread can disappear in a day or so, lets hold this just for now.

I'm gonna work hard on the members that haven't responded and let's see after that.

Cool you two wanna travel up. That's five or six now I think. :)

Wonder if its just drivers (lads) or WAGS too hahaha.

i dont mind popping up for a gathering iam from rotherham in south yorkshire

Good man! There's dedication.

Having spoken to a couple of guys on PM, some good cases for it being the Sunday as the traffic should be less and people generally have less to do.

So here is my proposal for a plan:

Date: Sunday 17th of March

First meet location, Easington: 10:30am (wait 15 mins)

Second location, Thirsk: 11:30 (wait 15 mins)

Helmsley at 12:30 (likely earlier if everyone arrives at meet locations on time)

Let me know if anyone has any good suggestions on exact locations for the meeting point at Easington as I've never been?

For Thirsk we have Marage rd opposite Bradley's yard (on google maps) in Thirsk there's a coach park and its free

This is gonna be fun, just hope it isn't snowing!

Edited by Hofmiester