Sign in to follow this  
phaserno1

!!Petrol!!

right now its $2.50 a gallon in my city in the US for 91 octane

a couple of quid for 4.5 litres!!! i'm emigrating....

Reminds me of when I hired a V6 Chevy in Florida for a week in 97. Filled it right up from empty, and it worked out at an astonishing £6 total! 'Great' Britiain'? hmmm. :roll:

Think there's gonna be a huge traditional British back-lash over this soon, apparently last week some guy down the road tutted, and another guy shrugged his shoulders quite aggressively yesterday down the pub...there's gonna be trouble :o :lol:

what we need is some french truckers :D

:lol: do you think they do house calls? :D

tell 'em there's some sheep been seen at 10 Downing street that are destined for export over there, and I'm sure you'd get a few there! ;) :lol:

tell 'em there's some sheep been seen at 10 Downing street :

:D ... that works on so many levels

:D ... that works on so many levels

:lol: I'd not even thought about the other levels... ;) :oops: :lol:

We're up to 81.9 & 83.9 for unleaded,( two texaco garages less then a mile apart on the same road!!!) I'll be watching this weekends protests with great interest but in saying that, remember last time petrol got close to 80p per ltr? the country was nearly brought to a standstill, what's happened? have people just givin up? I agree with one chain of thought not to buy fuel from Esso or BP garages at all, and I don't. targeted protest on one/two major suppliers will have an effect if enough people join in and then the companies go to the government and say do something, they won't just reduce their prices, they will look to the powers that be to reduce tax which would have an immediate effect on the pumps.

I'm waffling now.....time for zzzz's me thinks! Night all.

Phew, timed it right then... just filled the C up with Optimax on the way home tonight... 82.9 8)

Still expensive, but not as bad as I thought it was gonna be... :|

Gonna have to get my 1.9tdi MKI golf done! ;) :lol:

BP Ultimate and Shell Optimax now 89.9p here... :mad: :mad:

Looks as though the protests are being called off too, because the Government is 'reconsidering' it's proposed fuel duty increase. How kind of them. W@nkers!! :mad2:

Holy Jebus...

What I understand is, where is the knock on effect? Protests called off, OPEC agreeing to increase production, crude oil prices starting to calm a little.. prices are still astronomical!

All about the money.... 81.9 for unleaded & 86.9 for Optimax at $hell when I filled up, but that was last week, so who knows where it's at now...

Problem is that this government (and its predecessor) got so caught up in the notion of PFI schemes, they're falling over themselves to give our money to private companies. Just as they were glad to sell the resources that belonged to us (gas, water, electric, phone, railways) into private hands for a quick buck to lower taxes to get votes. Hell, they can only think 5 years ahead.

Before you ask, yup I'm bitter.... I work for the railways :( My apologies in advance to all those unhappy commuters out there.