Peebee

Can a Corrado take 9" on the front?

I'm currently running 16" by 9 on the back of my Rado but am now looking at a new set that are 17" by 9 all round.. Possible or just forget it?

Mine are 215 by 9 but et prob somewhere near 10

It's a vr and the arch was pulled almost an inch to fit them on.

Yeah u will have a narrow track but if early car will not have factory wider arches.

Sorry baby answer for sure lot of things that may affect it could u try them on?

on a vr6 up front with 16x9 ET 10 with no arch mods it sticks out about 2"s so im gona say unless its et 38 -40 it wont have a chance in fitting, also would of thought 9's up front would make it steer like crap, even just 9's on the rear makes the car drive a little funky, best go 8 up front and 9 on the rear ,9" et 20 would be the best for looks , i had et 15 on rear and imo stuck out a little to far, 20 would be perfect,

et Relates to the distance the mounting face of the wheel is to the edge of the rim if the wheel itself.

ET= offset, the number determines how far in or out the wheel sticks in/out, the lower the number the more it sticks out, for example an 8x16 wheel with an ET of 30 will be very close to being flush with the edge of the arch , but an 8x16 wheel with an ET of 20 will stick out past the arch , this number is crucial to getting your wheels sitting right in relation to the arch lip, also VR6'S have a wider axle track so the ET for these will be slightly different to that of the 4cylinders , just google images "wheel offset" im sure your find a cut away wheel diagram showing offset,

Ahhh thanks. I know about the offset, ive just never heard it called ET before.

So what's the maximum ET a Corrado can take before it's illegal?

Now we're on the topic of alloys, how many people here think BBS replicas are acceptable? I really like the Lenso Rs replicas.

In regards to legal offset, I don't believe there is a law. All that matters is the tread of the tyre can not be past the edge of the arch.

Rs replicas would be cool in my opinion. No need to satisfy all the scene whores who are anti fake and spend silly amounts of money. It's your car so it should be how you want it not how anyone else wants it :-)

In regards to legal offset, I don't believe there is a law. All that matters is the tread of the tyre can not be past the edge of the arch.

Rs replicas would be cool in my opinion. No need to satisfy all the scene whores who are anti fake and spend silly amounts of money. It's your car so it should be how you want it not how anyone else wants it :-)

Ye thats true, totally agree about the replica rims.

What i meant in regards the the legal element of my comment was, did anyone actually know the/if there is a known measurement that would take your wheels right to the end of a stock, non pulled Corrado arch...?

:)

Its not really a case of what offset, ET would be illigal, the offset is taken from the center of the wheel so a 9" rim with an ET30 would stick out 12.5mm further than an 8" ET30 but stick out the same as an 8" ET18.

Edited by rado20vT

I'm having a play around with some 9's tomorrow weather depending, having to use spacers though as 16x9's et40 won't clear g60 brakes. Will come back with what I find :-)

Aye, The more common/usual et15 9x16's run extremely close when you have new pads fitted. Easiest Corrado's for fitting 9's all round on are late style 8v/16v or G60's, wider arches but narrow track :thumbleft: Tyre choice and ride height are critical too.

Edit: There's a guide and a Calculator for offsets here btw > http://www.volksdevil.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=275

Edited by Riley

9x16's fit with 195/45 tyres et15. Ideally I'd be happier with the rears being spaced out another 5-10mm as the rim sits so close to the strut

Have always used 215/40's on 9x16's, it's the recommended minimum width by the Germans apparently. Although I'd actually go wider on the tyre if I could! Bit of personal preference really and also depends how low you are.

Now we're on the topic of alloys, how many people here think BBS replicas are acceptable? I really like the Lenso Rs replicas.

i have them on my mk2 golf, 9" on the rear and 8" on the front, they came with the car but i like them and tbh i would buy a set if needed,quality wise they do look good even the bolts can be removed for painting and im guessing the coloured split rim bolts would bolt straight in, my car aint a show car so the closest people are ever going to view my car is passing by or in photos or maybe parked up if there lucky so theres no way in hell that i could ever justify spending £1000+ on a set of shiney wheels for someone to look at,

DSC00073.jpg

i have them on my mk2 golf, 9" on the rear and 8" on the front, they came with the car but i like them and tbh i would buy a set if needed,quality wise they do look good even the bolts can be removed for painting and im guessing the coloured split rim bolts would bolt straight in, my car aint a show car so the closest people are ever going to view my car is passing by or in photos or maybe parked up if there lucky so theres no way in hell that i could ever justify spending £1000+ on a set of shiney wheels for someone to look at,

DSC00073.jpg

They look great. Do they come apart like real bbs's? I would like to personalise them i.e gold bolts. This possible?

They look great. Do they come apart like real bbs's? I would like to personalise them i.e gold bolts. This possible?

Lenso are not splits so in simple no they don't come apart thus being a fraction of the cost, providing the thread type is the same then you could change the bolts in order to customize so its a yes on that.

So long as you are happy with the dish size then you have no reason to go splits other than the pimp factor however the idea of splits works perfectly if your looking for perfect stance.