Oldtax

tasteful deletions

anyone got thoughts on tasteful deletions? basically how to remove trims etc and make the car look more streamlined and classy.

bodykits need not reply!!

A popular one is the rear wipe deletion and some opt to remove the 3 side bump strips Which probably are the 2 easiest and reversible mods for a sleeker look.

Have a look at people's members threads or do a search....

I find my rear wiper quite useful! Deleted side strips though, it does look better, but now I am constantly worried about leaving it in carparks!..will probably be putting them back on..

Deleted side strips look the business on a Rado, much cleaner 460418_10150814397258445_917540929_o-Copy.jpg as for the carpark issue you could have them magnetic so you can stick them back on? lol :)

Deleted side strips look the business on a Rado, much cleaner 460418_10150814397258445_917540929_o-Copy.jpg as for the carpark issue you could have them magnetic so you can stick them back on? lol :)

Your car looks sensational in that photo, Aqua Blue.. I used to have one in that colour. Lovely wheels too

Agreed. And on later cars it seems the door is slightly wider at the top just above the bump strips - and so usually the door will actually hit the wall or another car before the bump strip does!

Another vote for the de-wipered rear... really cleans up the back end for some reason!

Your car looks sensational in that photo, Aqua Blue.. I used to have one in that colour. Lovely wheels too

Thanks! the paintwork on it is great for the age :)

---------- Post added at 4:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:49 PM ----------

Wow! the bumper repeaters look a lot better, may have to invest in some haha

You've done bloody well if you Lamin-X'd those btw mate!:thumbleft: Nicely done, always fancied a set myself.

I deleted the rear wiper pretty much when first bought, plan on a few other bits in time.

You've done bloody well if you Lamin-X'd those btw mate!:thumbleft: Nicely done, always fancied a set myself.

I deleted the rear wiper pretty much when first bought, plan on a few other bits in time.

Neil,

Yes Lamin-x the repeaters,

It's really good stuff to use, have you not tried it ? lol

I'm sick of the sight of the bloody stuff lol. Only kidding, glad you are happy with it, good job. :thumbleft:

Rear tow eye delete.

I think the side strips look good either on or off, they show the line on the side of the car..

Rear tow eye delete.

When I've seen that done it always amazes me how good it looks for such a subtle thing. :cool:

rear tow eye delete looks ace... but what if (read when) you break down??

then you'll need the front tow eye!

I think red and white cars benefit from the side strips personally. Other colours don't need them but look fine with or without.

My car is purple! NO ITS NOT EMBARRASSING AT ALL! not sure what would look better. i guess its hot water and a library card to remove the strips?

on the rear wiper delete (i wouldnt see a benefit from having one currently cos my rear view mirror fell of and i can get a glue good enough to keep it on yet!) how do u go about it without it being obviously missing?

so no one votes for keeping it as it is then?

(i wouldnt see a benefit from having one currently cos my rear view mirror fell of and i can get a glue good enough to keep it on yet!) how do u go about it without it being obviously missing?

so no one votes for keeping it as it is then?

Loctite to a special glue kit with a mesh for sticking this - Halfords sell it.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_168190_langId_-1_categoryId_255230

Otherwise any autoglass place should be able to stick it for you.

I sat in the car for over 10 mins with Loctite - followed the instructions to a T. fell off after 5 mins! nevermind. i'll give it another go ... then head to autoglass!

cheers

Loctite to a special glue kit with a mesh for sticking this - Halfords sell it.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_168190_langId_-1_categoryId_255230

Otherwise any autoglass place should be able to stick it for you.

I tried all these things to stick my mirror back on only for them to fail after a few days/weeks. Put on begging face and old jumper and went into Autoglass who stuck it on for free, wouldn't even accept a few quid for some beers. Three - four years ago and still there.

My car is purple! NO ITS NOT EMBARRASSING AT ALL! not sure what would look better. i guess its hot water and a library card to remove the strips?

Hot air gun on low is supposed to be the charm. I'm still too scared to do it with mine in case it takes the paint off and rusts before the respray :lol:

Stone

did you try fitting the whole mirror or just the small metal piece?

Best bet is to glue on the small piece the mirror clips in to. Leave it for a day to dry and then fit the mirror.

A hair dryer, AG tar spot remover, T-cut(just a little) and about 8 hours of my time (maybe more actually). I put it in a thread somewhere, took ages, but well worth it!