jaded2882

OEM looking 6-speed gearknob

I now have my 6-speed box in but can only find cheap and nasty looking ones on ebay. Any one know where to get something decent? Which other vws with 6 speeds would fit? R32?

You might have to tinker with it to get it to fit (drill out and tap) but id be looking at Audi/BMW for a quality item..

You can get some very nice aftermarket gear knobs but for that price you might as well go straight to vw and buy an R32 knob new off them. ;-) Sorry that probably didn't really help much did it.

6-speed gear box in a Corrado - Nice

Have you seen improvements in MPG's then?

Thats not what its for. Better acceleration is the gain. Essentially 6 gears in the "space" where we have 5. Wish Id never sold that box on, cant be many kits knocking about (assuming its the gemini one).

I went for a six speed Mk2 TT knob.

Fits the later o2j shifter, or would need a threaded insert to fit the Corrado stick.

Goes well if you've got chrome bits.

I am yet to fit the box though.

[ATTACH]70916[/ATTACH]

02M shifter & cables with an 02J shift tower makes the Gemini change really, really nice. OEM 6 speed knob should fit straight on, too.

There's a thread on Club Gti forum with brass bushings uprades to the box which are also well worth looking into. I'll try and find it if anyone's interested.

Got all this done on my Gemini at Stealth and works an absolute treat.