nipper09

£479 wow!!!!

well iam a 47yr old married man of 2 living in a sleepy village in s wales

with no motoring convictions and countless ncb years

my un-modified storm vr6 will be used for less than 7000 pleasureable miles per year

and garaged thereafter

but hey ho the robbing *******s want nearly 20% of its worth for me to friggin drive it

cheers all happy paul:cheers:

Go for Classic car insurance. I have 7 years NCB, 2 crashes in last 3 years (Not at fault).

I'm 32, VR6 Storm, 10k miles, garaged etc, etc - £325. (Company's called Performance Direct through Moneysupermarket)

Yours should be below £200 i'd say.

They are all robbing s***s!!

Or try RH Classic Insurance (i think thats the right name).

I've got all my three for around £379 p/a and I think the two Triumphs make up about £100each of that.

The only caveat is that I'm limited to 3K miles per year on each but hey with three cars I've got a total of 9K to play with :smug:

Edited by Dollyman

Or disconnect the speedo !

Just be careful with classic policies. They sometimes don't allow you to earn NCB.

hi guys

cheers so far for the replies will try them all and

post up results

paul

---------- Post added at 6:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:56 PM ----------

Go for Classic car insurance. I have 7 years NCB, 2 crashes in last 3 years (Not at fault).

I'm 32, VR6 Storm, 10k miles, garaged etc, etc - £325. (Company's called Performance Direct through Moneysupermarket)

Yours should be below £200 i'd say.

They are all robbing s***s!!

just tried these £282 without using my ncb

sweet

---------- Post added at 6:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:10 PM ----------

Even a late reg Storm should qualify for Frank Pickles classic. http://www.frankpickles.co.uk/

I use him for my Caterham £146 fully comp. Everyone else wanted £450-800.

no corrados on his list

cheers though for the heads up

Pm us your number and we will get someone to give you a call and take a look. There is currently a promotion offering free key cover if HIC are unable to beat your renewal price.

Cheers

HIC

I went with HIC this year,but i don't think the price i'm paying is very good, last time i had corrado on the road it was nearer £400 to insure, am currently paying something like £600

I couldn't be arsed to argue it as wanted insurance and didn't even bother ringing around. But am 31yrs old, 9yrs NCB, had the car 6yrs and the excess is £350.

I will be ringing around next year.

Pm us your number and we will get someone to give you a call and take a look. There is currently a promotion offering free key cover if HIC are unable to beat your renewal price.

Cheers

HIC

your quote is the initial 1 i had starting off this post!!

ive insured it now with performance direct

cheers paul

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

I use Peter James Insurance for mine, on a classic policy limited to 3K odd miles it is around £250 including breakdown cover.

http://www.peterjamesinsurance.co.uk/

Ian.

this firm doesnt insure any car built after 1992!!

cheers paul

I went with HIC this year,but i don't think the price i'm paying is very good, last time i had corrado on the road it was nearer £400 to insure, am currently paying something like £600

I couldn't be arsed to argue it as wanted insurance and didn't even bother ringing around. But am 31yrs old, 9yrs NCB, had the car 6yrs and the excess is £350.

I will be ringing around next year.

Drop me a pm next time Jim ;)

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

[/color]

cheers paul

Really? - Mine is 1994 and they have insured it for the last 2 years without a problem.

Ian.

Somebody in scotland probably had an uninsured crash and they need to recoop thier losses....

Oi!! Wotchit.

[/color]

cheers paul

Really? - Mine is 1994 and they have insured it for the last 2 years without a problem.

Ian.

hi ian

iwent on their web site and the drop down car menu only goes upto 1992!!

and it says if your car isnt on this list we want insure it?

cheers paul

Ian.

hi ian

iwent on their web site and the drop down car menu only goes upto 1992!!

and it says if your car isnt on this list we want insure it?

cheers paul

mine is newer than 92 aswell, not garaged, ect.. but they didn't seem to care when i rang them

Pm us your number and we will give you a call and see what we can do - we are currently running a promotion where we will give you free key cover if we cannot beat your renewal! :)

HIC

be wiser insurance were the best by far from me for a limited millage policy, i pay around the £400 mark with no NCB as i started a new policy just for the car so i could keep my van on accumulating NCB with my other insurer

After 12 years of being insured on various cars with HIC I ended up going elsewhere this year. The prices were nearly always spot on but it was the service that kept me going back - unfortunately I found both to be disappointing this year.

Believe it or not Volkswagen Insurance were the cheapest I came across for a standard Corrado but as I declared all my mods, Lancaster were the best - all my mods declared and all the usual extras included in the price.

After 12 years of being insured on various cars with HIC I ended up going elsewhere this year. The prices were nearly always spot on but it was the service that kept me going back - unfortunately I found both to be disappointing this year.

I'm sorry to hear this Jamie. Would you be so good as to PM me your policy number so I can look into this and see if there are areas in which our service could be improved.

I hope we can welcome you back as a customer in the future.

Regards

Martin

I have Storm, and only 2 yrs NCB

Is ther is any insurance company that ca offer me a bether deal than 700 p.a?

Please feel free to try our scheme Storm :)