Dr Forinor

Luxury Chocolate

Any online place to buy decent chocolate? Not high content, it's too bitter. But just really creamy, smooth, type of chocolate?

Best place to buy online? Wanna spend anywhere between £50-100.

Thank you all kind folk in advance :)

EDIT: Please nothing with alcohol in, rum and whatever else they use. Also suitable for vegetarians....

Edited by Dr Forinor

If you fancy trying something from a small independent producer try this

http://www.ilzeschocolat.com/

Best I've ever had. Salted caramel truffles are amazing.

Just ordered 5 boxes from there...

Had hotel chocolat for a few years now and joined the tasting club so need a change of chocolate scene :lol:

My wife makes the most amazing truffles. Has been selling them local for 3 years now and has done a couple of weddings too. Everyone always says they're the best chocs they've ever had. Dark Mint, Baileys, Rum, Dark Orange, Ginger, Plain Dark, Plain Milk. All can be dipped in white/milk/dark choc, or left plain. Scrummy! She uses the same choc as M&S/Waitrose, so it's top quality. Shame she can't do mail order!

My wife makes the most amazing truffles. Has been selling them local for 3 years now and has done a couple of weddings too. Everyone always says they're the best chocs they've ever had. Dark Mint, Baileys, Rum, Dark Orange, Ginger, Plain Dark, Plain Milk. All can be dipped in white/milk/dark choc, or left plain. Scrummy! She uses the same choc as M&S/Waitrose, so it's top quality. Shame she can't do mail order!
Ah Ha!! Another Truffle maker!! I made a whole Shed-Load for our clients this year (about 225 in all). Milk Chocolate and Chambord (Raspberry) dipped in White Chocolate. Yummy. :)

Truffles are just a ganache (choc melted down with cream, then chilled) aren't they?

If that's what they are, we used to make a tray of the stuff, then make balls of it with a melon baller and then dip them into crushed nuts, Green & Blacks cocoa powder, coconut etc etc. Yum!

Truffles are just a ganache (choc melted down with cream, then chilled) aren't they?

If that's what they are, we used to make a tray of the stuff, then make balls of it with a melon baller and then dip them into crushed nuts, Green & Blacks cocoa powder, coconut etc etc. Yum!

Exactly right. You sound like a dab-hand!! :)

My wife freezes them. Makes them easier to dip. It's quite tricky to get them looking 'proffessional', especially when dipping them. The Baileys ones have to be absolutely spot on cos they go out of shape easily.

My wife freezes them. Makes them easier to dip. It's quite tricky to get them looking 'proffessional', especially when dipping them. The Baileys ones have to be absolutely spot on cos they go out of shape easily.
Another person in on the tricks of the trade!! Yes, freezing them does give a better finish to them when they are to be dipped.... the cold Truffle also helps the chocolate coating to set off faster than dipping... or should i say 'trying' to dip a room temperature one.

I'll added a pic of my efforts later. :)

We need pics.....................................

Please :)

Haven't made any flavoured ones yet but cheers for the tip!

Haven't made any flavoured ones yet but cheers for the tip!
The possibilities are endless. I'm toying with the idea of White Choc Toblererone with Frangelico, dipped in Milk chocolate. Lush!!