alex303

Set of Corrado Doors (NEW - Unused) - SOLD

NOW SOLD - PLEASE LOCK !

Here we have a set of Corrado doors, the unusual thing is they are NEW Un-Used, so ideal if you have a rotten door or two that you want to replace.

I bought these sometime ago from B5VWC (Bobby) on here & they've been dry stored in my Garage for a few years, my current Rado is pretty tidy & lives in the garage so can't see myself needing / using these in the near future.

Please note all you're buying is what you see in the pics i.e. just a pair of Bare doors No handles, seals, rubbers, regulators, Electrics, Cards etc included!

Also the Drivers side door has a very slight dink in it from transportation / storage i.e. if you look just below & in front of where the door handle would be you can see this, easy enough to be dealt with though.

I'm not sure whether these are meant for an early or later Rado (perhaps someone can study the inner frames & comment??)...but looks to me like there's a recess for the early style / position electric window switches mounted on the door cards, instead of the later style door grab handles.

Please don't compare these to the scabby offerings you find lurking in breakers yards as they're NEW and not rotten at the bottom like most of the ones in breakers that get left just sitting on the ground outside.

£100 the Pair - Don't want to split them just want to reclaim garage space

COLLECTION ONLY FROM DA12 KENT - Cash on Collection....Sending by Courier is NOT possible or practical so please don't ask

NO OFFERS - thank you

26122012376.jpg

26122012375.jpg

26122012373.jpg

26122012372.jpg

cheers

Edited by alex303

Neil, i've had a look once & can't see any part numbers on them but when the weather dries up i'll have another poke around.

Hav'nt got a clue whether they're VAG or Pattern....you could ask Bobby if he remembers (i never bothered asking when i bought them) ? But tbh who makes new Rado doors these days anyway, from VW Classic i'd suspect you'd need a 2nd mortgage (around £600 the set i'd hazard a guess).

No one has ever produced pattern parts for the corrado for the reason they were made in small numbers totally, so not worth any

company doing so.

They will be VAG ones ;-)

I'd be interested if someone can confirm that they are late doors (need for '94 VR6).

Early and late doors (exterior) are the same,internally there's a slight difference (mainly a small bracket)nothing that you can't use from your old doors!

Ah, tis a shame you're down't south...I love collecting bits like this for the 'One day' restoration, but I struggle to find time to get anywhere these days.

Edit: Beaten to it! Oh all the doors are very nearly the same by the way, just the none central locking ones are different.

No one has ever produced pattern parts for the corrado

Aye that's what got me wondering, Presumed they must be new old stock, but started having silly thoughts about someone starting to produce pattern panels :lol:

Hmmm not 100% true mate as my very first Pearl Green 92 VR did have side impact bars but also had the early style door cards (switches on the cards not the handles)

It was an early Press Car VR though & back when G-werks used to look after it they commented that it had a mix of late G60 & early VR interior parts (thats was un-modded)

Later doors have side impact bars, IIRC

Later doors have side impact bars, IIRC

The doors are exactly the same for late/early though. The mounting holes for the impact-bars are in all the doors. It just seems like they weren't fitted to the early cars.

I have retrofitted the impact-bars to my 1989 valver, and it was simply a case of bolting them in!

Mark if you can collect before the 03/01/13 ? when i go back to work (that gives you a week) then as far as i'm concerned they are yours.

I have gone back an re-read 'Wapadrand's post and expressing an interest is not the same as 'i'll take it'....If a Mod wishes to correct me? i'll listen....but thats my take on it!

Alex.

I'll take these at asking price. Can't really collect until after New Years though if that's ok?

Mark

---------- Post added at 6:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:09 PM ----------

thanks for the info bud

The doors are exactly the same for late/early though. The mounting holes for the impact-bars are in all the doors. It just seems like they weren't fitted to the early cars.

I have retrofitted the impact-bars to my 1989 valver, and it was simply a case of bolting them in!

From the responses it does appear that they're suitable.

Note your comments re 'expressing interest'.

Fine with me...can't get to you before New Year as I am away.

If for some reason Mark doesn't take them let me know....

From the responses it does appear that they're suitable.

Note your comments re 'expressing interest'.

Fine with me...can't get to you before New Year as I am away.

If for some reason Mark doesn't take them let me know....

Very gracious of you respect:salute:

Sod you lot, I want em! :-( :bonk:

In fact in all seriousness if I could arrange my own courier? If that would be cool with you then put me down as third? in line. lol.

Neil.

Sorry Wapadrand I missed your post but appreciate your understanding.

Alex, can collect on the 2nd if that suits? PM me your address and we can sort the finer details.

Thanks

Mark

MarkFoster has 1st Dibs

Wapadrand has 2nd Dibs

Riley...i'm sorry mate but they would be a total a**e to pack & tbh i'd be concerned about the door skins getting damaged in transit, the frames are very strong (as we all know), but the skins don't really take much to damage them...sorry mate collection only

---------- Post added at 7:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:00 PM ----------

Yes thats fine Mark, will send you a PM shortly

Sorry Wapadrand I missed your post but appreciate your understanding.

Alex, can collect on the 2nd if that suits? PM me your address and we can sort the finer details.

Thanks

Mark