robrado974

Been driving RS5 TODAY

What an amazing car , handling , power delivery , everything really was great . Nice to be in normal mode for every day stuff , bitch mode to scare you to death !. This may be a run of the mill post to some people ,but to someone like me who does not have access to a car like this , it made my day .

Nice :) Presumably that one has the 4.2 V8? Certainly makes the right sorts of noises and goes well enough!

Yes jim thats the one , loved it in bitch mode , when it revs up on its on when slowing down so you still keep power on to boot it ,if you want to. The burble of the engine is awsome .

Lovely... been toying with the idea of getting one for ages :)

the one james martin was driving last night on motor racing legends was rather tasty :)

Saw one of these in tescos 10 minutes ago, lovely looking car.

I was doing some reading up on the Audi rs4s the other week and I was surprised to learn that they have a major flaw in that they suffer terribly from oil deposit build up on the intake valves.

On the rs forum I was reading it was a big issue in that the 4.2v8 fsi engine suffered from the problem early on, 30k miles or so and some engines were only making about 380bhp compared to the factory figure 414. This was not an isolated case and was something to do with that as the petrol was directly injected it did does not clean the intake valves? Apparently Audi are denying the issue.

Just wondered if anyone else had heard of this as it may run to all fsi engines? Sorry a bit off topic but it makes you wonder what a poor investment these audis might be for a long term car?

Carbon build up is a common prob, best thing according to Audi is too give the car a good thrashing every now and then :)

At 41 k i know i will never own one lol , only took it up to 100 mph , but feck me she got there quick .

They're a very nice car...i've driven both the RS5 and used an 3.0TDI Quattro A5 a few times at work (awesome torque & delivery), but not the most 'involving' cars to drive i thought tbh!

Coking up is an issue with that engine and its never been one to get to quoted figures from the off. Never really liked the A5 in any guise, its just too cumbersome for me. Dare I say it its in no way a real drivers car, its more about the show than the go but as said Audi are more like that these days.

Yes to me it felt like being in your favourite leather armchair with a load of toys & gadgets and in the case of the TDI Sport a couple of nice Turbo's to boot, but definitely not a 'drivers' car IMHO!

41k is base spec too!

Hi kip , the bloke who owned it before had a few extras put on as well .

RS5 obviously a formidable car, but as with most modern performance cars the performance isnt really fun to use on the road without threatening your licence. That is why I buy cars such as the VR6 and BMW E36 M3s etc, fun at lower speeds HYaving said all that there are some days when I wish I could just jump in something like an RS5 for a long motorway journey

Never really liked the A5 in any guise, its just too cumbersome for me. Dare I say it its in no way a real drivers car, its more about the show than the go but as said Audi are more like that these days.

Agreed. It's got a tiny cabin too relative to its proportions which annoys me.

Rob, try driving a c63, not the last word in handling or dynamics but its so much fun!!!!

Have to agree the c63 is a very nice place to be

And holding it on the limit even with the electronic aids turned off isn't that hard to do ( then again I was offered a job as an instructor at Mercedes world so can drive abit)

Agreed. It's got a tiny cabin too relative to its proportions which annoys me.

Rob, try driving a c63, not the last word in handling or dynamics but its so much fun!!!!

Dont know if i will ever get the chance abdul , looks a nice car though