Portent

Does anyone remember the 80's and 90's game Elite?

Well it's being remade and funded on Kickstarter. This game consumed my life when I was about 15. I literally can't wait for 2014 if it does get made. It's hit it's funding target so fingers crossed:

My best mate's older bro had it on his BBC micro :lol: Only played it a few times, but it was great. The graphics have improved somewhat ;)

Kickstarter?! I don't remember the game Elite, but I do remember KickStart from the 80s! They should bring that back on Saturday mornings !..and Jossys Giants!

Edited by Billzeebub

Kickstarter is a website for group investment in a project to get it off the ground. You all pledge an amount and then get something in return if the project is successful. In this case you get extra things in the game, etc.

Kickstart was also Amiga's Bootsrap firmware.........lol.......and AFAIK it also ran Elite! :)

First thing they hit was your docking computer and then I always crashed into the space station. Played it for hours on my amiga 1200.

It was ground breaking because of the scale of universe, which simply didn't fit in the computer it was running on ..

Dear god no! That game was so addictive and was practically never ending, there has been so many variation on trading games a lot are on the mobile phone app market.

My best mate's older bro had it on his BBC micro :lol: Only played it a few times, but it was great. The graphics have improved somewhat ;)

I had it on my BBC B aswell, that was some years ago, had forgotten about it.

I still have the BBC in the loft, might even have Elite up there aswell

I had it on the commodore 64, had no instruction manual as it was a second hand computer with a random jumble of games in a box, so i never managed to work out what it was all about. Tried to work out the controls but I always gave up random button pressing and resorted to Rtype or double draggon :-)

My brother who is 6 years older than me was really into Elite. Had it on the Amiga 500.

I tried it myself but just couldnt figure it out. Wasnt my type of game - didnt involve blowing up aliens or running cars around a track lol