Rams

Anyone familiar with this part

It's part number

VW WWO

ZSB 191825250 A

I purchased it off Bobby and he said they were rare and I know it covers the engine side but wondered if anyone else has one?

Seems like a good idea for what it protects...

Edited by Rams

I think it is, I forget where it was exactly located but thought it covered the crank pulley upwards as that bit is exposed but not seen them before. Does your car have it?

Wondering if it was fitted on American Corrado's only or if they are common in the UK?

Mine must have fell off at some point my brothers storm has it though just cover the aux belt so its not exposed to the elements

This is the power steering and aux' belt cover. It is fitted to the underside of the vehicle, and protects the two drive belts from water spray and the resulting inconsistent drive they produce, which will be suffered by all those whose cars are missing this part. It is obsolete now and quite rare to find, as many have been lost, ripped off or just not re-fitted after engine works.

Thought that was what it was from your description , so many have been lost , ripped off , never put back etc , yeah they are getting rare now ......... i need one too !

I always see a spray mist on the bonnet if its been raining which I assume comes from the belt spinning round and it always sounds a bit naff till the belts clean/dry so glad I picked this up. I've always thought that area was too exposed, more so as I don't have arch liners.

I am not sure if the bolt / fixing is in with all the bits I picked up but perhaps I can order this separately.

Thanks again for confirming.

It is screwed on with the same fixings as the front spoiler . Small screws with the metal clasps , [ like one piece of metal folded in half ] with a hole drilled in it .

I think I have a set that I ordered then for the front splitter..... The metal clip on this one is rusty and can't see a hole in it but maybe its rusted over?

any one thought of remaking the side engine cover, `and lower undertrays attached to spliiter on vr` out of plastic,im keen if anyone works or knows of a plastic forming company.!! need these obsolete bits remade.

191 825 250A is only valid for 1988 - July 1992 (end of "M" chassis)

Aug 1992 onwards (start of "N" chassis) is 535 825 250A because of the introduction on the wider ribbed belts.

This is the later (storm in photo).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71787[/ATTACH]

any one thought of remaking the side engine cover, `and lower undertrays attached to spliiter on vr` out of plastic,im keen if anyone works or knows of a plastic forming company.!! need these obsolete bits remade.

Am sure the undertrays are still available, but expensive

My 16v has them

ygu5a7up.jpg

Edited by dragon green

191 825 250A is only valid for 1988 - July 1992 (end of "M" chassis)

Aug 1992 onwards (start of "N" chassis) is 535 825 250A because of the introduction on the wider ribbed belts.

This is the later (storm in photo).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71787[/ATTACH]

This looks identical, it's not split and was fitted to Bobby's VR6 which is a late model.

Its just the metal clip that's rusty and needs replaced....

Thanks for the picture showing the location