Sign in to follow this  
g-master

clutch cable?

The other day after a long journey in hot weather, for a moment i could'nt get 1st or 2nd gear got 3rd and pulled away :? Then it was fine again but now everytime i press the clutch pedal it make's a squeky noise coming from the engine bay, could this be signs of the cable about to give up the ghost :?:

Yep they are!

I've heard a lot of corrados make a creak when you press the pedal down, it's coming from inside the bell housing. Probably the pressure plate fingers. Mine does it and I've got a new clutch in there, so I wouldn't worry about that.

If you mean a squeal as you pull away, that'll be your release bearing.

While we're talking clutches, I have a couple of little queries...

Sometimes, every once in a while when i get in the car on a morning the clutch pedal has dropped a little. It still changes gear but after a couple of days it sometimes becomes a little notchy. I solve this by pulling the pedal up with my toe, but this leaves the pedal really high up. I like it lower down as it usually is!

The fluid is at the right level and not leaking anywhere. It's not so much of a problem, more of an annoyance.

Could this be a case of fluid needing to be replaced?

most likely cause is that one of the former owners used to rest their foot on the clutch pedal and it's worn a slight notch in the master cylinder... depends on how annoying it is to you as to if you can be bothered to change the cylinder or not... :?

most likely cause is that one of the former owners used to rest their foot on the clutch pedal and it's worn a slight notch in the master cylinder... depends on how annoying it is to you as to if you can be bothered to change the cylinder or not... :?

I just priced slave and master cylinders......Master was around £120, Slave around £35..... I got the slave one to try......got it today......and they are now made of plastic!! how long have they been made of that?