ross k

satin alpine white 2.0 16v

well update i got back of holiday yesterday 850 miles all in round cornwall. The car didn't miss a beat managed an average of 36mpg and got a staggering 42mpg on the motorway.Really happy before i left i won a set of 16 inch bsx lenso for 133 pound which i'm happy w. They arrived with bad lacquer peel so i started refurbishing them today heres the pictures

before

newwheels5.jpg

newwheels4.jpg

after

newwheels2.jpg

newwheels3.jpg

newwheels1.jpg

so the question is do i keep the white or repaint them im undecided as the white paint is very good thanks ross

Edited by ross k

well been cracking on with the wheels and set about refurbishing the centres today as they were all laquar peely and beaten up.I filed the marks out and repolished them also got some vw centres but not sure if i like them but at 2.50 they didnt break the bank. completley done two and the thirds nearly done also the fourths being repaired so the wheels should be on late next week with some 195 45 16 hankooks so will have a bit of stretch.On another note car failed its mot on emmision but that was it and it only just failed so gonna put a new cat on.

before and after

lenso1.jpg

lenso2.jpg

lenso3.jpg

Great effort with the wheels, they've come up mint! I quite like the white centres, maybe get the tyres fitted then run em like that for a while and see what you think Ross.

Ditto Ross keep up the good work we need enthusiastic young chap's like yourself :thumbleft:

cheers guys got the cat on order also fitted a new lambda to .Thats just what i was going to do sean keep them white and if i don't like them they are going to go gunmetal grey. Just cant wait to drive it again and get them on thanks for the kind comments. Any recommendation on whats best to protect the dish with?

update got the car through its mot with a new cat turned out the old one had nothing in it just looked like a cat also got my tyres on just waiting for spigot rings so its getting their

The new wheels are going to look awesome mate! Bet you're happy with how they've come up. When do you reckon they'll be on then?

yeh really happy with them specially as they only cost 250 all in with the tyres they should be on by the weekend

well update got the new wheels on and im really happy its transformed the drive its so much smoother and handles better heres the pictures what do you think

newwheelson2.jpg

newwheelson3.jpg

Just read your whole thread what a great read. Glad it's now running sweet for you amazing turnaround especially considering only bought for 300 quid. Top work

right long overdue update went to scotland with the car a couple of weeks ago drove 1500 miles car was brilliant it made so much sense on all the Scottish roads brilliant fun and i got 42mpg on the motorway. No major problems other than it died in traffic before the dartford bridge turned out to be a dodgy fuel pump but it lasted the holiday.Also fitted a new master cylinder and replaced both fuel pumps and ive been looking into a 1.8t conversion im fairly certain on this when insurance will allow.

and the bit that matters heres the pictures excuse my friends lupo who travelled with us

on the way

1528.jpg

1542.jpg

1558.jpg

1557.jpg

1566.jpg

and a nice one of the lupo

1564.jpg

and finally one of my car at prept last month

1529.jpg

it was brilliant traveling together we got lots of attention from the cars a variety of thumbs up i even got a lad in a lowered 306 hanging out the window taking a picture, two guys in petrol stations complimenting me on it and a guy asking about it who said he had a g60 from brand new and 20 years later never found anything that matched up to it hope you like the pics thanks Ross

right well this car sold for 575 pound with the cloth interior and on sebring alloys which i was happy with and i sold the leather for 400 so overall got 975 pound out of the car which im happy with so this is the end of this project but the start of a new one with better paintwork