Sign in to follow this  
Andy Brookes

Andy Brookes's Satin Silver VR6, its last journey...boohoo

ah mate that sucks, you must be gutted.

The damage actually looks worse than on my (also silver) VR when that was written off, I had the option for an economical repair but to be honest you know its never going to be 'right' if you get it fixed at way. Might be worth buying back and breaking, if you get the option and have the space

and if u dont want to buy it back to break cause u havent got the room,offer it to someone who as :lol:

like me :)

if i was u i would deffo get it fixed mate,she looked a minter pre mashed!

What a shame like someone said one of the nicest silver ones going especially with those wheels

Just as the weather is getting better, feel sorry for you dude!!

you gona get another?

Ah that is sucky news Andy :(

Like you say tho - if the rear 1/4 is twisted then it probably means the chassis is also twisted and it's game over :(

Hopefully you'll be able to get the insurance company to cough up soon tho and can start thinking about what to do.

Don't want to sound like we're a pack of vultures or anything, but if you did have the space and more importantly - the time to break it, I'm sure you'd manage to shift most of it very easily.

Thanks for all the remarks, she is defo a write off, the boot is twisted and the sunroof is not sitting straight like it used to, so there must be a fair bit of twist in the chassis.

I'm gonna get all the good bits off it sharpish, if the insurance company lets me have it, I will break it as I have a nice big drive and a fairly understanding wife!

That will be three dead cars on the drive! Got a new Audi Avant for this years scally rally (http://www.teamrado.blogspot.com), this ones a turbo quattro but needs windows and a rear seat. Just back from picking up another avant that we bought off ebay for £52 for all the spares we need.

Can't decide what I want next, another C, a TT, an A4, Grinall Scopian...I just don't know. Got you look at it as a oportunity to get something different or better!

Bloody hell mate. Been a while since you posted on the forum, not good that this is your first post in a while...

Another C is the route im sure you will take. You tried to to leave C ownership a few times in the past, but have always come back!!

P.S. Must go for a beer sometime soon dude!

Very sad to see mate. :cry:

Most cars would have been alot worse off - the C has some serious reinforcing in the arse end - Think this is testiment to its build Quaility.

:( :( :(

Sad news mate, but onwards and upwards. Get your payout, make some decent cash selling all the bits and and buy another nice Rado.

Jay

that is such a shame, I'm sure that could be sorted, I had a mk1 that I drove up a kerb and into a double skinned brick wall at 30mph (shortly after passing my driving test :roll: ), the wall actually cracked down the middle. The inner wing was bent across miles but I got the car jigged straight by a top body guy that I knew and it was perfect for years afterwards.

Buy back from ins co. should be peanuts, from 2 recent ones my family have done. Got to be worth getting a bodyshop to have a look.

Unlucky mate... What the hell was the Almera trying to do??

I might be able to supply the rear end of a corrado if you so wish ;)

I would be genuinely heartbroken if this happened to my C.

You have my sympathies Andy. Especially after all the love you have poured into this Corrado.

These things happen! Was thinking it was time to move on anyway. The old bones arent as young as they used to be for the low ride height!

The old bones arent as young as they used to be for the low ride height!

Back to a Xantia then? :lol:

Andy, don't know what to say mate, gutted! Allways been one of my favourite C's from the first day i signed on here. Give me a shout if you want that amp still :-O still here waiting if your scallying again this yr lol??

Chin up, try something different, get it out of your system, then buy another C! Your not that old either mate, but i know what you mean, my back groans getting in and out these days!!

If you wanna do Mulvern/Inters or E38 im more than happy to pick you up btw.

Just spoken to my insurances nominated garage and they have put a quote in of £3255 to fix the C. Thats got to be a write off. Will have to wait and see what the insurance company have to say now.

I'm hoping to keep the remains and it can become a donor for all of you!

Very sorry to hear about your car Andy, those pictures are really painful to look at, it was a fantastic example- I was inspired to get a silver VR from seeing this one the forum a few years back. Dinkus now has my C, as I was doing too many miles in it. I am still hankering after another C [if I can get a garage with the new house the wife better watch out], even after almost two years . Sure you will miss it.

Got an offer today from the insurance co, £3k and I can have the salvage for £480. Not to bad an offer but will go back and ask for some more as it would be difficult to replace a silver VR in as good a condition for £3k, what do you reakon??