Sign in to follow this  
Andy Brookes

Andy Brookes's Satin Silver VR6, its last journey...boohoo

Love the car mate but with Jim on the plate surround, dont think it looks crap but just not my cup of tea! Should get my Satin Silver G back from the sprayers this week, hope it looks nearly as good as that, want to see the all red rear lamps though as i was thinking about doing it also.

Think it will definatly look better with those. Really like the front end especially with the black badge and washer jets, looks mean as owt! Sell it to me!!

I really do like thos Oettingers! How are they holding up? Nick was saying they're starting to get a bit tatty?

Still a tidy looking car mate :-)

Otties are holding up well, but I havent used them through the last two winters, so they have not seen salt.

Got a couple of small curb rashes, I plan on stripping the Laquer off the outer rims at some point and keeping them hand polished. Easier the fix small curb rashes then, the penalty of having a slight stretch!

Wheels suit it very well and the front end looks gorgeous.

What do you think of the Koni coils, do they go low enough and whats the ride like?

Wheels suit it very well and the front end looks gorgeous.

What do you think of the Koni coils, do they go low enough and whats the ride like?

Koni's are good, plenty of adjustment left for going lower.

Few more pics taken today after I had cleaned the C and did a clay bar and polish job on my wifes Beetle. Notice how samll the C looks next to the beetle!!!

Also spot the new scally ralley Audi 100 Avant Quattro in the background.

The C took a beating last night.....from a Nissan Almera doing about 30mph sideways with all 4 wheels locked up. I'm sure its going to be a write off as the qtr panel is twisted.

So not sure what to do at the moment, maybe another C or something different. Got a few bits on it that I want to rescue like exhaust, induction kit, coilovers, steering wheel etc etc, so think I will try and get old standard parts and see what I buy before selling any of the bits on.

Boohoo, another C dies........ RIP

that really sucks..

i'm sure it would be a technical write off, but i would definitely look into getting it repaired "economically" - ie. where the inside isn't necessarily as cosmetically well done as it would be in a proper repair.

an old car of mine was rear ended a few years ago and although it was a write off, you could barely see the damage and a bit of pulling and welding sorted the exterior appearance even though the inside was still obviously bodged..

depends on whether you get salvage/buy back from your insurance and if its safe to do it of course but it would be a real shame to lose a silver vr...

Sh*t Andy - thats really bad news.

On the plus side, the person went into the back of you so almost regardless of the circumstances, it'll end up in your favour. Really sucks though as thats another Corrado off the roads :(

ah mate that sucks, you must be gutted.

The damage actually looks worse than on my (also silver) VR when that was written off, I had the option for an economical repair but to be honest you know its never going to be 'right' if you get it fixed at way. Might be worth buying back and breaking, if you get the option and have the space