Sean_Jaymo

Corrado Part Duex - 24V Aqua Blue - She's gone.

Well, In between the showers I managed to rebuild the car. In the end I made up my own brackets and fitted the Revotec to them. I decided that the nasty through radiator ties were infact actually nasty and not the way to do things just to get the car back on the road earlier.

Results? The car now runs beautifully cool, 85 on a cruise and 90/92 in traffic. Mixed with the T4 radiator thermoswitch which comes on a little bit cooler than a VR6 one which turns on at 85 and off at 80 which translates to on at 92 and off at 88 on the gauge (which I assume is because the block is warmer than the radiator). Add in a nice efficient fan without the huge shroud fitted to reduce the airflow and I'm chuffed. One less problem to fix, for now!

I also wired in the stuff required to get my adaption values to register and that works too, which is nice! The only thing left I need to get done is to have 2 bungs welded in for the post cat lambas and everything should be working perfectly! Time to work on other problems then and there are a few! Namely that the bonnet release cable trumpet screw sheared on me earlier so I'm now stuck with a bonnet that won't open unless I get in behind the grille! Oh well!

Adaption values..... Show off! :lol:

Day went well then by the sounds of it. Glad it's up and running perfectly again.

Good stuff Sean. Lots of little extras on this now, and all make it that little bit more special. Keep it up mate, always a good read on this thread and adds that little extra to think about. :thumbleft:

Cheers Sean, means a lot after the work and attention to detail you clearly stick into yours.

Unfortunately there is always work to do on this car, but I think that's half the fun for me!

I loves a project me!

Took time out from from fixing it and actually took it for a drive! Still love it to bits, but I'm not feeling at one with the Ch's, maybe I'll think about something else. They look great but maybe they don't do what I want for the driving dynamics. I guess if the right offer came along I could be more persuaded than I would have been in the past.

Will see what happens :-)

In a way have to agree with Sean182 they do go well on Aqua Blue Corrado's but can also see it from your point of view Sean there are plenty of other wheel's out there BBS is not the be all and end all plus if they are any where near as heavy as the one's that came on my Vectra JJJesus you will totally see the difference with other wheel's Intrigued to see what you have in mind

They're a bit heavy James, Not the main reason but it's a factor in my decision. I have 2 main options on the go at the moment but I will decide which way I wish to go in the not too distant future.

I bought the CH's knowing full well that when I did get eventually get to drive on them and I didn't like them, that I could sell them back on for more or less what I paid for them and continue with my life safe in the knowledge that I never lost a lot of money.

We all live and die by the decisions we make :)

:snipersmile:.......................:lol:

It has nothing to do with them being BBSs James, I'm not the sort that gets blinkered by a manufacturer. I just think they look awsome on a Corrado. I understand if you wanna go for something else though Sean. Its your car and your taste after all mate. :o

I agree fully Sean, I couldn't care less that BBS made them, I loved the look and the exclusivity of them! Shame they don't come in 16x7.5 fitment! Don't worry my next choices are still pretty tasteful!

I recently sold the Porsche Boxster Dyno's I had and to be honest wish I had tried them on the Corrado as they were very light and I mean very light for a 17" wheel they were about 3.5/4kgs. Are you going to give any clue as to what you have in mind next or are you being cagey? I can vouch for Comp's in any flavour light and capable of covering big brakes the C4S cab wheel's that were on it when I bought it hat off to Baron for finding them but they were heavy/cumbersome on Corrado Looked the absolute nad's though :thumbleft:

:snipersmile:.......................:lol:

It has nothing to do with them being BBSs James, I'm not the sort that gets blinkered by a manufacturer. I just think they look awsome on a Corrado. I understand if you wanna go for something else though Sean. Its your car and your taste after all mate. :o

Totally agree sean it's the weight for me mate ;)

Not being cagey at all, just currently a bit indecisive!

Some like to play thing's close to the chest's. These ch's should sell pretty quick mate and if you don't mind running adapter's I still have the Oz Vega's which will clear your brake's but won't mine and they are 16's plus they are alot lighter too.

Can't fault you Sean if it was me I would be wanting direct fit ie 5x100 but you are correct 16's is the only way to go I have been forced to go 17's due to the Brembo's but then with 250+ bhp you want to keep the brake's and change the wheel's not the other way about. I'm sure your choice will be sublime :D

Today's work

20140615_130645_zps9576e599.jpg

Yuck!

So;

20140615_153420_zpsdb42cf1a.jpg

And down;

20140615_153430_zps95fd0152.jpg

Much better!

Also de-wipered the rear window whilst I was at it! Followed by a hoover, a tidy up of the garage, digging a flower bed, mowing the lawn, de-weeding the gravel drive, getting rid of a load of scrap and taking the dog for a walk... Mixed in with a pondering about which wheels are next (think I've decided!), suspension, big brakes and air conditioning!

One of them days!

Looking good Sean. I was planning on doing this and even bought the handbrake, until I remembered that the original had been welded to within an inch of its life so would take an enormous amount of grinding to get it off. I did bugger all today by the way, apart from watching Frozen with my 6 year old daughter! :oops: Been feeling sorry for myself after a few too many last night!

Well watching kids TV would be my idea of hell after a sore head! But I don't have kids so that explains that!

Mine had been bodged on (like seemingly eveything else on the car!) so it took a bit of work to get in. I wasn't really going to bother fitting this but it was left over after braking my engine donor and I found it in the garage a few months ago and after having a few weeks driving it, having it rattle and the top trim falling off constantly, I had to try something!

Have booked the old girl in for her remaining 2 lambda bosses welded in next week. I'll be able to see how I get on then with her. Saying that, I'm getting my adaption values and after the first tank I averaged 30mpg which I didn't find too bad at all. Always nice to know that giving her the beans from time to time isn't going to make me poor and signs that the engine is running well.

I'm sure I'll have some more mundane updates as life goes on!

A quick trial fitment of some new wheels before I send them off for a refurb. The suspension just looks high as it's just been jacked up and it hasn't settled back down!

2014-06-22163706_zps8d8d98ae.png