Sean_Jaymo

Corrado Part Duex - 24V Aqua Blue - She's gone.

Well done Sean, I'd love to do the Teves20 conversion. If I find a proper cheap Golf VR (which I occasionally look for) I'll have it for this, and an OBD2 Conversion. Pic of the car looks great! I love the CH's, look frickin awsome!

The grille, nahhhh probably obsolete now!:rolleyes:

I may know someone who could be persuaded to split with their mk3. It's not moved in ages but has all the bits you need and a nice leather interior for you to make your cash back on.

I really can't wait to get driving it to see what all the effort returns as a driving experience!

Mate, I can't bloody afford it now! I'll ask again in the Summer, and if its still around I'd be very interested!

It's not moved in the 2 years I've known it, so I doubt it's going anywhere soon! It's not a driver by any means but it's worth a few quid as spares.

Well, It drives!!

I got a conversion downpipe from United Motorsports and fitted that along with the rest of the stock system earlier today. Only got one photo and it's not brilliant but shows the new downpipe.

unitedmotorsportdownpipe_zpsc8fa3f1f.jpg

Was a bit of a pig to fit as I had to drop the rear axle but I got there eventually! Got it all up and running but there are a few snags to sort out then we can look at getting her through her MOT!

Edited by Sean_Jaymo

Well, It drives!!

I got a conversion downpipe from United Motorsports and fitted that along with the rest of the stock system earlier today. Only got one photo and it's not brilliant but shows the new downpipe.

unitedmotorsportdownpipe_zpsc8fa3f1f.jpg

Was a bit of a pig to fit as I had to drop the rear axle but I got there eventually! Got it all up and running but there are a few snags to sort out then we can look at getting her through her MOT!

Whooo hooo very good work Sean though your camera skill's are a little lacking :p Good for you mate you must be chuffed

I wont lie James, I never took that photo, I got it from United Motorsports and just reused it on here! I am chuffed to bits though! Fitting an exhaust on your own on a gravel driveway on axle stands is a bit difficult!

It sounds a bit tappetty and the idle is sitting at 1000 for some reason and I never had these problems before the exhaust so I must have disturbed something! Also found that the yellow temp sensor must be up the ricker as the fans only come on at 110ish degrees which indicates that the black switch is working! I do have a spare yellow sensor which I will try at some point and see what I can do! Either that or my rad thermoswitch is dead!

Edited by Sean_Jaymo

Got a replacement mirror in the post from Clumpy earlier and fitted that so the car is looking more and more like a car everyday!

Pleasure to do with business with as always!

For those picture lovers out there, it's a blue car with a blue mirror :p

Getting there Sean slow and steady always win's the race mate plus it is more enjoyable when you finally get there keep it up bud :thumbleft:

Slow and steady is definitely the game here! Only been at it 13 months so far with this heap! House deposit saving makes me feel bad if I spend more than 40 quid a month on it. It's soon going to get very expensive in comparison when I mot, tax and stick some fuel in it!

I've found a complete set of door and boot seals in virtually perfect condition to also fit, along with having to replace the radiator switch and tidy up the wiring behind the dash!

Slow and steady indeed!

Edited by Sean_Jaymo

Bit more progress over the last few evenings with an hour here or there. I wanted to finalise the final few jobs before I head of to get the old girl MOT'd and one of those was to tidy up the wiring once and for all behind the dash. I got hold of some fabric loom tape (the Tesa OEM stuff), ripped the dash out and started. Once it all started, it looked like this.

20140404_145515_zps844128aa.jpg

20140404_1455190_zps3cce832e.jpg

Everything was wrapped, routed and secured fully and all reassembled. I don't have any pictures of it all back together, but we all know what a dash looks like :)

I also cured the cooling issues I had before by replacing the radiator thermoswitch and now all works as it should. I have found that the ECU temp switch and the yellow temp switch differ by about 7 degrees at 90 or so with the yellow switch being the cooler of the 2. I have a spare so I'll swap them over and see if that brings the readings closer together.

I've also got an adapter to run the 2 pressure switches but I'm yet to fit it. Looks like this for anyone who wants to know;

20140410_115148_zps895773a8.jpg

I'll try and fit it tomorrow if I get a chance!

I also randomly had the driver door fail to open from the outside. It wasn't the usual broken latch, it just needed adjustment and it all works well again :)

Jobs to sort before the MOT

Battery tray to be sourced and fitted

Brakes require a pressure bleed

Exhaust downpipe/cat requires 3rd bolt to be fitted but can't access it on the driveway on stands!

Handbrake to be adjusted

Crank case breather to be finalised.

Then to sort out some tax and get the alignment carried out and I'm good to go and then I can get on with the making pretty of the bodywork!

Edited by Sean_Jaymo

Mate, I seriously don't envy you that wiring! This sort of thing frustrates the hell out of me, and being a pinky fag, I'm kinda used to it! Think that's the reason I hate it so,much, being almost like work!

Being a Mech Sean (or dirty grubber in your world!) I'm normally happier with hammers instead of a soldering iron and fabric tape but I like to give it a go and it seems to work more often than not. Before I started with this project, I had hardly carried out any soldering, now I'm a bit of a dab hand on wiring, even if I do say so myself!

What a difference a year (and a few weeks!) makes!

When I got it

20130307_142540_zps1090798b.jpg

And today

20140413_141750_zps432e731f.jpg

20140413_141658_zpsfe2f5168.jpg

A little recap of what I've done over the year or so

24v 2.8 Conversion

Teves 20 4 Channel ABS Upgrade and complete new brake lines

288mm Brakes with braided lines

Mk4 Golf Climatronic (minus aircon for now)

Pretty much a complete rewire

New interior

Complete refurb and powdercoat of all running gear

New bearings,bushes and bolts throughout

Battery in the boot (almost done)

Weitec suspension

Wheels

02J Gearchange and housing upgrade

Replacement of loads of small parts

There must be other bits but I can't remember them now! She will hopefully be back on the road within the month and then it's time to maybe drive her :)

Don't look too closely Sean, It is still a bit of a rough un! Nothing a few grand and a body shop can't fix! Now I need to find a few grand and a body shop!

That looks absolutely stunning. Superb transformation. CHs are really kne of the best wheels on a corrado.

That's a fantastic job you've done over the last year or so mate.. Now to just get a drive in it!

Excellent, excellent work :notworthy:

Cheers guys!

Unfortunately, the under the bonnet details are not a spot on your Dave!

Sean you should be happy and proud of what you have achieved mate I'm sure you will catch Dave up though he does come up with some real Quality touches with the polished stainless but I'm sure you are up to the challenge ;) There are a few on here at the moment raising the bar which I'm sure will benefit us all in the long run keep it up guy's :thumb right: