16vStyle

Quick tip when buying parts

Many of you maybe aware that Euro Car Parts have branded a site called Car Parts 4 Less, in order to compete with themselves.

The pricing on carparts4less.co.uk is quite a bit more competitive than that of ECP.

For example, I've Just purchased this:

ECP - £110.40 - http://www.eurocarparts.com/search/136440048/p/home

CP4L - £76.80 - http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/search/136440048/p/home

And with the CP4L 10% discount code makes it £66.80 with free delivery.

So I've just saved £33.60 from their normal list price, and it comes off the same shelf!

Just thought I'd share.

Simon

it's been mentioned before but worth repeating, they deliver quickly too.

don't assume they have the best prices for everything but some parts like pollen filters and so on are very good prices, other items like ATE brake bias valves were good too last time I looked

Edited by davidwort

If they're exactly the same parts, then it's a no brainer and more power to us!

If it's another one of these "Worldcarparts" or "Onlineautomotive" type sites, then 95% of that tat is only good for door stops.

Interesting rule of thumb where Euro Car Parts is concerned..

If the part number ends in a 1 then its an ECP 'Own Brand' product; invariably Chinese.

If the part number ends in a 0 it's a tier 1 OEM supplier, ending in a 5 tier 2 OEM supplier.

Other numbers indicate other sources but it's the part numbers ending in 1 which y

I just searched for front dampers for an audi 80 cab 2.6 v6 and your findings are true for me too, there cheapest anschler??????? are a quid cheaper than I can source KYB locally.

Always use your local motor factor if possible, when they're gone they're gone!

If they're exactly the same parts, then it's a no brainer and more power to us!

When the part numbers are the same between the two sites, yes it will be the exactly the same parts.

Interesting rule of thumb where Euro Car Parts is concerned..

If the part number ends in a 1 then its an ECP 'Own Brand' product; invariably Chinese.

If the part number ends in a 0 it's a tier 1 OEM supplier, ending in a 5 tier 2 OEM supplier.

Other numbers indicate other sources but it's the part numbers ending in 1 which y

That's some pretty darn useful information! Cheers!

Went into ECP last week with a list of parts which when the miserable unhelpful sod behind the counter totted them up came to £98. I asked him if he could check the prices as that was a lot more than I added up on the Internet and he said no, the Internet offers discounts I can't offer. Went out to my car and done it on the Internet - £51.70! He'd clearly messed up cos no way does the net knock almost 50% off. Was gonna hit the click and collect but would rather pay the extra and go to GSF.

Won't be going back...

Ive been buying VW/BMW parts mail order/internet from Eurocarparts for as long as I can remember. Now that they also trade as Carparts4less at even better prices thats where I buy. Delivery is always fast and free even if you only order an oil filter: if you live in a remote/rural part of the country its the easiest way to purchase parts.

But do your homework and see what's available: buy Lemforder suspension/steering parts, Boge/Sachs shock absorbers, ATE/Pagid brake parts, Bosch/Hella/Valeo electrical parts and so on. This way you get quality parts at a discount. If you buy some of the cheaper brands/their own branded goods then you know what to expect! But if you only do 3/4K a year and its not an important performance/safety related part, it may make sense to buy a cheaper pattern part.

I also deal with GSF, Veedudmachine, Germanautopartsdirect, AVS carparts: there is sometimes a saving to be made with one or the other depending on whats to be purchased. Fortunately my nearest VW dealer will order nuts/bolts/gaskets/light adjusters etc when asked to do so and even drops them off at a local garage so I dont have to collect.