jimbob88

Nitrous

Well i finally did it!, i've sprayed my corrado :)

Found a cheap unused NOS kit on the bay, did my research over the last few months and installed it over the last few days, fuel pressure and bottle pressure all calculated to give me the correct jet sizes and did my first sprayed run lastnight.

Had my C dyno'd a few weeks back to give me a proper power reading (not over estimated like most people i know) and she was putting out a very healthy 185 bhp, 2.8. so i've opted for a 50 shot first.

So me and a friend went somewhere quiet and give it a go. BLOODY HELL what a difference that has made, not sure on the actuall power to the wheels yet as i've set it up on the rich side to be safe but jesus it dont half pick up well now defo 215+ possibly 235 if the 50 shot is working properly :)

Edited by jimbob88

Awesome, I've often wondered why I haven't seen more with NO2. Did you put the tank in the boot? Wet fogged intake or sandwich plate? I know the guy from nitrous.info recommends wiring the switch in series with an accelerator switch so you only spray when you're at WOT, did you do it that way or just a manual pushbutton? I'm often at full throttle to operate the kickdown (mine's an auto) so it might be a little terrifying in mine...

Also, where are the pictures? ;)

Stone

Hi stone,

Its a single fogger wet kit with the fogger in the intake boot just before the TB, i have installed a 30amp fused switching relay and a master arming switch and a WOT switch at the throttle linkage.

The bottle is going to be mounted inbetween the rear seats :) it might seem like a silly idea at first but it make tuening the bottle on and keeping an eye on the bottle pressure much easier for now and i will install a blowdown tube.

Pics will be up soon and i do have a little viddy i'll stick up shortly :)

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Quick viddy, apologies for the actual ****ness of it my friend/cameraman apparently has some kind of nervous disorder which stops him holding a camera still for any period of time, and the obviously childish repsonse from myself and aforementioned spacktard

http://s205.photobucket.com/user/fastlad999/media/9925AF0A-1B8E-459C-95EA-941656412B40-1266-0000017552504FA8.mp4.html

Edited by jimbob88

Nitrous and fuel soleniods

---------- Post added at 1:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:25 PM ----------

epe5apyg.jpg

---------- Post added at 1:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:25 PM ----------

u3y4a9e3.jpg Fuel pressure gauge.

---------- Post added at 1:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:26 PM ----------

edubudu8.jpg

I love Nos, in a past life we used to play around with Nos'd up Saxos, my mates ran a sub 13 quarter at Santa pod, not bad for a bit of tin on wheels! lol

Lol i did warn it may be mildly immature :)

The kit cost me £300 of a guy on ebay. He had bought it brand new (£650) and never fit it. Secondhand kits can be picked up complete for £200ish

A couple of bits and bobs. Relay, couple of screws etc, longer fuel pipe and a fuel pressure gauge about £20, correct nitrous/fuel jets £10 and £64 to fill the bottle.

So bout £400 all in but i will need a bottle warmer to maintain bottle pressure @950psi

I can see it being very addictive, bring on the cams :)

---------- Post added at 9:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:10 AM ----------

Slightly better vid with a more conpetent cameraman.

2nd gear 3k bottle at 950psi, i swear it nearly wheelied lol

Again apologies for the girly noises etc lol

I hate you, but only because I never got round to fitting my nitrous kit to my G60. Good on you though - might eventually get mine done one day, lol

Were you really test-driving it at 3am? :lol:

Sounds lovely! You lose quite a bit of go during the upshifts though, bet it would be even more hilarious in mine...!

Stone

Lol no i just havent reset the clock since i disconnected the battery. That been said it was 11:30 :-0

I was shortshifting a little bit. I've had the limiter removed from mine so itcan rev well into the red. It does drop off a little quicker than usual because of the lightened flywheel but a little blip on the upshifts sorts it out.

I was being "inconspicous" lol

How easy/difficult was the install mate? Looks fun!

Where do you get the bottle filled and how much does it cost? I'm still toying with the idea for my vr!

Difficulty depends on abiilty really but i'd say 4/10 if thats any use. 1 being changing a wheel lol.

Its a very basic electical system with 30amp relay, main arming switch and a WOT microswitch, a main line for nitrous and a t piece into the main fuel line.

The most important part is making sure the jetting is right so's not to run lean but again its easily determined with fuel pressure and bottle pressure input into a nitrous jetting calculator online. I set mine up on the rich side take to it reliable.

I got my bottle filled at acceleration services in rochdale for £64