james153

New Uprated Headlight Looms Just £39.99 Posted With Original Connectors

Ok so hopefully this will work, the pictures should be in order of; two standard, two uprated loom with standard bulbs and two with uprated loom and uprated phillips white light bulbs. All pictures are with dipped main beam.

Here goes!......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76551[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76552[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76553[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76554[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76555[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76556[/ATTACH]

Dougie

Received today.

Very easy to fit and good quality.

However the main beam fuse got hot and blew after about 20 seconds. You could see where the plastic had bubbled on the fuse.

Is there any reason I couldn't just stick a larger fuse in there, say 30 amp instead of the 15, as that is exactly what I have done and all seems fine so far.

Running standard strength Osram Nightbreakers in H4 and H3.

Received today.

Very easy to fit and good quality.

However the main beam fuse got hot and blew after about 20 seconds. You could see where the plastic had bubbled on the fuse.

Is there any reason I couldn't just stick a larger fuse in there, say 30 amp instead of the 15, as that is exactly what I have done and all seems fine so far.

Running standard strength Osram Nightbreakers in H4 and H3.

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback, I would suggest that a 20A fuse would be fine. If you are running standard 55/60W bulbs then you should be drawing 8.8A on the main beam with the engine running. So there is a chance that it was a faulty fuse. I would place a 20A one in there for now and see how you get on. If you need anything you're more than welcome to contact me directly on [email protected]

Thanks again :)

Fitted mine last night! This is a must do mod and this loom is very well made and easy to install.

If I get a chance I shall do a before and after on my car because the difference is amazing!

Received mine today looks good hope I can fit it soon

Thanks again

Excellent, that's good to hear, I look forward to seeing it fitted.

Hi,

Can you supply just the connectors that go onto the connector on the headlight unit itself? I've already got an upgraded loom but it just uses spade connectors onto the terminals, so would be nice to finish it off with oe connectors...

Thanks,

Phil

Hi would you be able to provide the vw plugs that connecet the looms ? I bought a loom of tou and it works great and iv had no problems but i dont like the way the grey spades just plug in to the loom and are left open or have to be taped up as it doesent look stardard because its a pig to tape up with the plug being so big it going straight to a small wire , id like to be able to plug it in and it be water tight like the rest

Just a thought let me know cheers

Matt

As Redborbet above, I've got one of your looms and it works well but it seems a shame to have the spade connecteors going into the multi connectors.

I guess because the opposite side of the connect is moulded as part of the headlamp unit they're not available from VW?

Male & female H4 connectors are available (ebay), so it shouldn't be difficult to get rid of spades altogether.

Can't remember exactly what the corrado's connector is like, but I presume it's the same standard H4 connector.

I'd like one of these please as my other one tried to go on fire, fuses melting? Not one of yours btw 😃

Can't seem to get your website working on my phone?

Cheers

Martin

As Redborbet above, I've got one of your looms and it works well but it seems a shame to have the spade connecteors going into the multi connectors.

I guess because the opposite side of the connect is moulded as part of the headlamp unit they're not available from VW?

This is something I would definitely like to do and have thought about it before. The main reason they're not on the looms is that the loom would require two of the plugs and I think they are around £4 each and I thought that might be a bit much. But if people would be happy with that I can make it an option.

Let me know your thoughts

Could you send me two plugs so that i can get rid of the spade terminal , anyone that would rather keep 8 quid in there pocket rather than having a fully safe loom is mad lol , let me know and i can send payment through paypal if thats ok either that or we can speak on the phone like we did last time and i can pay by card

Thanks james

Matt

Could you send me two plugs so that i can get rid of the spade terminal , anyone that would rather keep 8 quid in there pocket rather than having a fully safe loom is mad lol , let me know and i can send payment through paypal if thats ok either that or we can speak on the phone like we did last time and i can pay by card

Thanks james

Matt

Same for me please, let me know how I can pay for these - PayPal vi your shop address?

Andy