Why is it that when i am trying to attach pic's to a post they are coming up as the jpj no instead of displaying as actual pic's they are not too large i have resized them getting a bit boring the "arse".

Doing it with the forum set up but making sure the pic's are not too big (resizing in window's photo gallery) not had a problem before only today. Best colour by the way mate:thumbleft:

Love the dbp , yes its the best !. I have always used photobucket , i use a mac , so a bit different to pc .

I've noticed this, just started recently, images have to be clicked to open and don't simply display full size.

Yeah the one's i put up earlier today were like that but thank's to the baron he uploaded them again and there they were i posted some more and same as before bit frustrating especially for the like's of me who are not exactly computer literate.

Mine used to come up as a thumbnail picture but now as clumpys

Noticed that with your's mate yet lewvw's were fine

i'm still getting this issue, files just won't appear as images in the thread, not if attachments or via link to photobucket.

i must have 100plus images on the members thread, is there a limit of something?

Bump, anyone know what the issue that I and others are having? It's really annoying!

Help me out here with some detail, please.

Links to threads for example and what browser are you useing?

Do you have any popup/advert blockers?

Have you installed anything that might have affected this?

I've just scanned through some threads, and it's all working perfectly for me..

(Windows 7, Chrome browser)

Andi? It did it to me too, and you know how many photos I've posted here over the years!

Using Win 7 and Firefox. No blockers, and done it from both work and home using 2 different computers...

Tried to upload photos via the forum uploader into a post (#12) in my A6 thread (link in sig!) and they just ended up as clickable text links, so deleted them and rewrote the post using online versions of the pics from my randomlogic.co.uk domain.... all looked OK on the preview, but when I posted it, they appeared as text links of just the file name...

Thought it was just me, but having seen this thread, there's something definitely a bit weird going on with the forum...

Edited by Henny
added picture

Ah, interesting... :scratch: I edited my post above and added a couple of pictures... The pic of my Corrado interior after a fire extinguisher went off shows up as a thumbnail, but the one of my A6 doesn't, yet both work when clicked...

When I used the forum uploader, the A6 pic shows as a ? icon, where the extinguisher photo was already there, and had a thumbnail version of the pic as it's icon... Is this because there's a bit of forum software that's not creating the thumbnails properly anymore?

using vista and chrome myself, never had issue until recently.

issue for me started on post 101 of my members thread see sig link, same in fave pic thread, going to try and attach here as test....

[ATTACH]74883[/ATTACH]

Some photos in this thread load the thumb nails, last uploaded image, but the 2 (Audi, fire extinguisher) one doesn't load thumb nail.

I'm using tapatalk.

OK, so a couple more pics to try and help...

"What I See1.jpg" is what is shown on my screen when I look at my post above with the fire extinguisher and A6 pictures

"What I See2.jpg" is what is shown on my screen when I look at the post I mentioned in my A6 thread...

"What I See3.jpg" is what is shown on my screen when I use the media uploader on the forum to show the "?" icon I was on about compared to the thumbnails of older pictures I've uploaded in the past...

All grabs were on a machine using Firefox 22.0 on Windows 7 with no blockers or other odd software running... And, as a prediction BEFORE I hit submit reply, I'm gonna predict that non of these pictures will show up as thumbnails, but only as text links to me... :)

:dance:I was right... they only showed up as text links...

*EDIT* interestingly, I just tried this in Internet Explorer9 and ALL were text links, not pictures... Although I wasn't logged in...

*EDIT EDIT!* Having just logged in using IE9, I see the same as I did under Firefox, (ie, I can see the fire extinguisher pic, but not the A6 one in my post above...)

Edited by Henny
editing, rather than adding LOTS of new posts! ;)

I see same on iPad as I do on laptop, and similar to Henny, a mixture of boxes with jpeg image icon, file name and viewsi brackets. For my own uploads I just get 'rado.jpg' link.

I'm getting exactly the same problem as Henny and Aide using both my work machine running win 7 and Chrome and also on my Mac at home using safari.....

And, just for variety, this is being posted from my MacBook Air. OS-X 10.8.3 using Safari, logged in as me (obviously!) and I'm getting the same mix of thumbnails and text links as I got on my Win7 PC... :) :geek: :study:

*edit* and the same on OS-X using Firefox 14.01

Edited by Henny

I'm getting this problem too. I have noticed that it doesn't happen when I view the forum on Taptalk, only on my pc or android browser.

See post in 'Editing posts v2' - think it's a known vBulletin issue at present.

I don't understand why it's suddenly just appeared... Nothing's been changed server-side!

​I'll get it sorted at some point, sorry ;)