Tigerfish

Arch liners

Does anyone run their car without front arch liners? Any issues running without or major reason not to?

Cheers

My vr didnt come with any and iv never had any problems , only thing is if you go on the motor way alot then you get a bit of road spray and belt spray on the underneath if the bonnet at the air box side

My wings havent rusted at all and dont look like they are going to but i suppose it could happen

Thanks for the replies all :)

This leads me to a follow on question now, how do all those with slammed cars stop any rubbing on said liners?

and also if front arches have been rolled, how do you fix/retain the liners?

Thanks for the replies all :)

This leads me to a follow on question now, how do all those with slammed cars stop any rubbing on said liners?

and also if front arches have been rolled, how do you fix/retain the liners?

I had my arches pulled and simply cut off the upper section so the cut off point is literally above the bumper line and uses the lower fixing points.

Still not total protection but most have then sealed or treated these areas to make up for it. That's what I did anyway. Plus you can still use the front under flaps.

Also not many cars seem to have the drive belt cover which also protects against debris. Probably prolongs the life of the belt too.

What Rams said is a good way to go at it.

Run mine about 35-40mm off the floor with all arches rolled, no front liners, and no problems, Alot of mk1-mk2-mk3 golf owners do the same, took them out of my beetle 2.

Always best to use them where possible but not life or death imo.

My arch liners were removed before I bought the car and the previous owner just sprayed my inner arches with waxoil type stuff. Does the trick.

I have found that I get lots of build up of dirt in the very front/outside corners of the car. When I wash it loads of dirt comes out under the outside underneath of the headlights/front slam strip. Just keep your eyes on it.

The arch liners and aux belt covers are there to protect daily used cars (VW didn't put them there for fun), especially over the winter months but most of you don't daily your Corrados, so the risk is mitigated.

If you're peppering your wings at high speed with grit, no amount of waxoyl will help. Personally I would cake the impact areas with greystripe, which is the rubbery compund they use on the floor pan, sills and rear arches.

Halfrauds sell it. You can also get the factory stuff from VW in spray tins, but you need a special applicator gun to go with it, it's not aerosol unfortunately.

Good Corrado wings are scarce now and not available new anymore, so do everything you can to protect them ;)

That is a valid point , is that stuff your on about like a grey soft spongy finish that doesent feel like it completely goes off , i font suppose it would take long to blast the arshes off and coat them with that stuff

Thanks for the replies all. Some food for thought. At the moment, I have trimmed the liners to overcome my issues, but they are mostly in place as they should be.