Sign in to follow this  
coolrado

coolrado's gallery BBM boost pipes fitted.

quick tip for the future, use the edit button to edit your mistakes rather than creating a new thread! ;) :roll:

I've removed the dead thread and re-titled this one with the title from the dead one so that it makes sense again 8)

The boot install looks neat... Does it make the boot floor flat now?

The second head unit is a neat job too... I know how much of a pain it can be to mod the center consoles, and that looks good... 8)

sorry :oops: this is the first couple of times i have used the forum thanks for the tip 8)

yes the boot is totally flat the middle section is hinged to give access to the amp dvd changer cd changer and power cap oh and the spare wheel

i will post some better pics soon

i have actually used the spare wheel to form part of the structure of the sub by clamping a disk of 20mm mdf to the top and bottom of the spare alloy using 6mm threaded bar to clamp it together so if i need to use the spare i can use the 10mm spanner from the tool kit to dsisasemble it makes a pretty strong enclosure

cool trunk mod for the sub. is it very difficult to make the plate where the spare tire was a sub box? right now i have 2 12' subs in a huge box in my trunk. i would not mind removing a little weight by making that mod. let me know.

Cool idea... 8) I'm impressed you managed to get all that lot into the boot as well as the spare! :D

Nice tidy job... & not a wire in sight

no monkey business there lol

thanks i will put some more photos on tomorrow of head unit and screen and i will try and draw up a design for the sub should be at the all types show on the weekend. can chat there my car is the one with the centre caps missing on both back wheels :mad:

up in pentre broughton i think i have seen your c in cefn mawr the one with german style plates??????

my c is not mint yet have not had a lot of time to work on it yet

been fitting alarm/imob stereo and replacing worn out mechanical bits. need a pair of doors soon as they are a little tatty

bought the car a few months ago from stroud it had a brand new charger just before i bought it and a stack of vw history

dont want to alter the exterior much just grill spoiler and maybee a 3 slat grill

coolrado, about time you updated this mate!!

that boot install is cool wouldnt mind a few more detail on how its done, i`m getting a bit annoyed about the lack of boot space

ben

coolrado, about time you updated this mate!!

that boot install is cool wouldnt mind a few more detail on how its done, i`m getting a bit annoyed about the lack of boot space

ben

i suppose so, things have changed a bit since i started this,

the sub box is now made of 2 discs of 18mm mdf with tapered slats around the outside and lined with dynamat and dynashield, the false floor is 6mm hardwood mdf with a fibreglass dome for the sub grill to sit on and the sides are also 6mm, supported by frames so the car isnt altered at all, the capacitor with the voltage display is hidden behind the right hand side panel so just the display shows through a small window.

a few pics......

stealth rr day

engine bay

front view

looks good mate :)

I need to sort a similar install in my boot this week (when the f'ing headunit gets here), any pointers on making the sides (where the amps are mounted)? and where did you get the grey carpet? looks a good match for the OEM stuff

the carpet is the stuff they sell in halfords (got a load of it before they doubled the price) and its not a bad match but there is a guy from stoke who turns up at most of the major shows who sells carpet that is a perfect match for the vw stuff and its a lot cheaper and better quality.

the best way i found to do the sides was just to use stiff cardboard and trim it down a bit at a time until it sits flush with the floor, the back of the seats and the rear panel, then use the cardboard as a template, you should be able to use the main part of the template for the opposite side but will have to alter the bottom of it as the floor will be different.

make sure it sits under the edge of the side shelves as it holds it all in nice and securely and stops any creaks, i used really strong self adhesive velcro where the side frames meet the floor so it holds it in securely but allows it to be removed quite easily if needs be.

coolrado, thats my car on the rollers :lol: quality

cheers for the update a few things for me to think about

love the VW in the boot! :)

cheers :thumbleft:

i have been trying to think of something new to do with the boot as i need to get rid of the dvd changer anyway as i have the dvd nav drive now, i will keep the vw sub grill but i might recess the amps into the side panels or hide them so they are more protected, i was also toying with the idea of having corrado G60 in relief on the boot floor.

any ideas??

ben16v i though you might notice that, i had pretty much forgotten i had a gallery thread until you mentioned it :D

not to sure about those press stud lookin things on it,hope they don't catch on the bonnet when it starts flappin about?