Sign in to follow this  
MoonlightVR

Meguiars Car Wax - thoughts?

Have a gander at this Meguiar's from Speeding.

It's the third product, Meguiars NXT Tech Protectant (G12924)

I put it on the plastic bits on the roof as they've faded to gray. Haven't touched it for three weeks now, there's been hot sun,

downpours, hail, you name it. They're still black :)

After you've washed your car, I'd recommend putting this on before your waxing and detailing, if it goes on the paint,

it leaves clear spots unless it's wiped well and truly. So, it's messy, but I think well worth it

Good stuff, I put in an order for my clay bar from them last night, so it's detailing stuff tonight :D

I started with a clay bar to get the paint spankingly clean as I already have some okish Turtle Wax err wax. Then when I can afford it, I'm going to get some Swissol.

But I'll agree with you on the baffling array of stuff. Read this post from the start and see what people recommend I guess.

Any my next question...what's the best thing to use for cleaning my cloth seats (and roof liner)? They're both filthy. Someone has suggested the AutoGlym Interior shampoo stuff, is the Meguire's stuff any good? Or should I get a valet to do a proper shampoo on them?

That's mint Scott, how could you possibly think of selling her?

Nice Barbeque in the garage, you should have been cooking burgers instead of polishing cars :wink:

Tell me about it mate - was well chuffed when she came up like that.... just need to get my list of things done and I'll be a sandman :D

lol - the Bar B Q is actually ready for the bin as getting a nice big one for the new patio :lol:

I started with a clay bar to get the paint spankingly clean as I already have some okish Turtle Wax err wax. Then when I can afford it, I'm going to get some Swissol.

But I'll agree with you on the baffling array of stuff. Read this post from the start and see what people recommend I guess.

Any my next question...what's the best thing to use for cleaning my cloth seats (and roof liner)? They're both filthy. Someone has suggested the AutoGlym Interior shampoo stuff, is the Meguire's stuff any good? Or should I get a valet to do a proper shampoo on them?

Its pretty simple people:

Clay Bar to remove rubbish from paint.

Stages one, two and three (cleaner, polish and carnuba wax)

Then use Gold Class regularly (every 2/3 months) to keep the shine and it will be as clean as mine is now...

For interior have used them all - nothing comes close to Autoglym....

Tyres.... Autoglym...

Black plastic.... Autoglym Bumper care

Windows... Autoglym Glass Polish

Interior plastic... erm Autoglym Vinyl Cleaner...

:oops:

And yes I do have FAR to many cleaning products in my garage....

oh... engine... ahem... Autoglym! :lol:

I'm a zymol addict, I'm not even going to bother trying anything else after I've seen how amazing this stuff is. mybe when it runs out I might try the swissol stuff, but for now (and for the next 2 years I bet, I've hardly used any!!) I'll be using my zymol

I even use it on the door mouldings! it makes them black again, and keeps them black for weeks too.

Been using Autogylm for years but after reading the comments on this post & how dull my rado looks these days its time for a wax change!!

So Autoglym for my Recaro's it is... anybody got a good site to get it on the cheap? ;)

Meguire's for me at the moment. Met John at http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/ in Camberley, who saved me £ by not selling me stuff I didn't need, explaining what's what and demo-ing on my shed of a golf. Very impressed and I've only used the wash stuff so far! I can't recommend the wash mit thing enough, there was dirt coming off my car I couldn't even see.

Make sure you get a 2 stage cleaner for your leather, with out any petro chemicals in it, and use it according to the instructions. Have found that the A?G stuff can produce mottling on some leather interiors.

john.

I can recommend the Swissol stuff Dinkus. It's a pleasure to use and smells like you're putting fruit salad on the car :lol: The first time you use it it's hard graft, but the results are worth it. The Shield wax is especially good, not even bird sh1ts stick to it. Just dries and brushes off.

The paint cleaner and clay bar are amazing. The combination of the two removed a lot of surface scratching.

Leave the car in the sun for a few hours when done and the wax bakes rock hard.

Awesome stuff.

Dave, Mr Wintle is your man. Send him a PM with your requirements. He offers a very good service.

How much depends on what you want. I'd recommend the clay bar, paint cleaner, Shield wax, a few cleaning cloths and a mid sized bag. He does a starter kit which comes with the cleaner, wax, bag, cloth, 2 pads and some car shampoo, for about £111 delivered IIRC.

Get everything in one order an he might do you a good deal :wink:

I found the best way to use the clay bar was with lots of cold water and a bit of car shampoo. The quick finish which you normally use the clay with tends to dry out quickly and the clay 'grabs' on the paint.

Cheers Kev, at that price I'll have to wait. I need to get that KR inlet cam fitted that I bought from Flusted.

Speed before shine :wink:

Yeah, function before form mate :wink:

The Swissol is very expensive, no argument there, but it is the very best imo.

You're going for the twin exhaust cam mod then? I did that + K star on my old MK2 1800 16V and got 154bhp with 136 pounds of grunt, so it's well worth it. A vernier cam wheel is a good mod on the inlet cam too mate. I've seen an Audi 2.0 16V gain 10 pounds of torque from that alone :shock:

Edit, you're going for the KR inlet, silly me. Should read properly!

Is the KR inlet cam the same as the exhaust? I seem to recall a post stating this.

I'm also working on a cold air intake (polished ali) thru the side of the airbox, something I've not seen before. Yes there are intakes thru the original airbox opening but this reduces the duct to about 3/4" maybe 1/2" because of the tight space behind the headlight. See photo.

Nah, the exhaust cam is the same across all the 16V engines but it has an extra 0.5mm lift over the KR inlet.

The duct looks good :wink:

Sorry Boss :salute:

:lol: unless you were gonna polish that bit of ducting, then it's all good :D

It's already polished, just needs a bit of Mequiars :wink:

Not sure what particular Meguires product would be best suited to that :lol:

MoonlightVR, Been busy with a clay bar and the Meguiars Gold Class wax this weekend, so got busy with the camera afterwards.....on the first piccy that's not a ding on the bumper, it's a reflection of the leaf on the ground!