happyeaster

why is my spoiler only going up at 75mph?

the spoiler on my vr6 seems to only go up when i go over 70. i know it should go up at 45 and tbh im very rarely over 70 so its bearly ever up

There is a mod that Combe done to the spoiler control module to change the speed at which it comes up.

Think the guide was on the Canadian forum it shows you exactly what to do to change the speed.

Its 55 on the VR anyway. Earlier models went up at 45, late at 55. Its an easy mod to do if your so inclined as as mentioned theres a guide on CCC. Damned if I can find it though!

Link to CCC pages on changing activation speed: see here.

470K resistors are incredibly common (see here for why) and cost pence. If anyone wants it done and can't or won't solder I'll do it for the price of a pint :)

If you have a German spoiler controller it will deploy at 120 km/h as this was the speed the spoiler was designed to function at, however there are various part number revisions over the years and the speed of deployment is not identified on later control units on ETKA.

If you can find the part number on the controller then I am guessing it should have a 'D' on the back of it if you have an original German controller for a VR, if its a 'C' then its a UK/rest of the World one that has been modified.

I have a module for sale off my late Corrado. Worked fine on the rollers last month at stealth, I bought another one as I thought it was faulty but ended up being a wiring fault so I have 2 working ones.